Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Book attributed to incorrect author

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sam (new)

Sam Taylor | 5 comments Hello, the book titled The Coding Workbook ISBN13: 9781718500310)
The Coding Workbook
is attributed to the wrong Sam Taylor. Is it possible to move that book to my Goodreads author profile? It's my first book so I think I need to claim it in order to create an author profile but it is already claimed.

Thank you!

message 2: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8667 comments Sam wrote: "Hello, the book titled The Coding Workbook ISBN13: 9781718500310)
The Coding Workbook
is attributed to the wrong Sam Taylor. Is it possible to move that book to my Goodreads author profile? It's ..."

Reviewing

message 3: by Suzi (last edited Oct 13, 2020 09:20PM) (new)

Suzi | 8667 comments Sam wrote: "Hello, the book titled The Coding Workbook ISBN13: 9781718500310)
The Coding Workbook
is attributed to the wrong Sam Taylor. Is it possible to move that book to my Goodreads author profile? It's ..."

1. You can claim this by going to the author profile page here: Sam Taylor

scroll down and click on the link that says is this you?

2. There are several authors with the same name.

3. Goodreads disambiguates between authors of the same name by using spaces between the author's first and last name.

4. This author profile has 9 spaces: Sam^^^^^^^^^Taylor or noted as Sam[9^]Taylor, where the ^ equals a space.

5. When publications are automatically imported from Amazon or other sources, the "handshake' between Goodreads and the other source do not recognize multiple spaces, so the work goes to the default 1 space profile.

6. You can post in this forum to have it moved, or you can add the book with the 9 spaces between your first and last name before publication. When you ask for assistance, it is helpful to include that your author profile has 9 spaces.

message 4: by Sam (new)

Sam Taylor | 5 comments Suzi wrote: "Sam wrote: "Hello, the book titled The Coding Workbook ISBN13: 9781718500310)
The Coding Workbook
is attributed to the wrong Sam Taylor. Is it possible to move that book to my Goodreads author pr..."

Gotcha. I just sent in my application to claim the author profile, and will post in the forum to have it moved if needed. Thank you!

message 5: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8667 comments Sam wrote: "Suzi wrote: "Sam wrote: "Hello, the book titled The Coding Workbook ISBN13: 9781718500310)
The Coding Workbook
is attributed to the wrong Sam Taylor. Is it possible to move that book to my Goodre..."

There are 8 other profiles for Sam Taylor. Did you tell them when you asked for the profile which book is yours?