A Bookish Adventure... discussion

Twilight (The Twilight Saga, #1)
This topic is about Twilight

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sofia (new)

Sofia (sofloaf) | 212 comments This is a controversial one...
Does the Twilight Saga deserve all those one-star reviews, or is it actually decent?

Joyce | 2030 comments I'm actually enjoying it xD It's not the most amazing series out there and yeah it is cheesy and corny but like you can't help but want to know what happens. So far I rate this series a 3stars. I don't hate it but I don't love it....
I do like Jasper though :P (no worries Mel I won't fight you for him cuz I think you'd win xD)

Joyce | 2030 comments yess I for sure think you'd win!!
and I will gladly hand him to you on a silver plater!! xD

Shawna Finnigan (sugoishawn) | 553 comments I've only read the first two books, but I absolutely love them. Alice Cullen literally helped me figure out my romantic attraction and I love laughing at all of the stupid things in the book

julia (no_mourners_no_funerals) | 20 comments my friend absolutely loved them and requested i read them by showing up with the full series, so how could i say no? i hadn't heard much about them beforehand, but after reading them.... well, nope. not my thing. mostly because of edward lmao but i just didn't enjoy it much. for some reason, i actually really liked the fourth one, and it made it kinda worth reading them all. i guess the first would've been my next favorite, but a three star at best, and i barely remember anything about the middle two despite only reading them a couple years ago. sooo ig i'm glad i read them, but if a free copy were offered of any of the books, i wouldn't take it (not for myself, at least)

Joyce | 2030 comments Shawna wrote: "I've only read the first two books, but I absolutely love them. Alice Cullen literally helped me figure out my romantic attraction and I love laughing at all of the stupid things in the book"

for sure Alice made this book bearable! like her and Jasper made it interesting! I also like Emmett cuz he made the series funny!

Joyce | 2030 comments julia wrote: "my friend absolutely loved them and requested i read them by showing up with the full series, so how could i say no? i hadn't heard much about them beforehand, but after reading them.... well, nope..."

I read them with a friend here on Goodreads for sure I wouldn't have picked it up if it wasn't for her!

the series is fine...like nothing too special :/ I don't think I would reread it anytime soon....

for the fourth I was really disappointed...I think i expected this epic showdown...but it was just a let down...(I did hear the movie for the fourth book is better!)

julia (no_mourners_no_funerals) | 20 comments i haven't seen any of the movies and wasn't planning to, but are they good?

Joyce | 2030 comments I actually haven't seen them....xD

but I did hear the last movie is good!

Joyce | 2030 comments has anyone read Life and Death by any chance???

Bookworm008 | 61 comments I haven't read Life and Death, but I started reading Midnight Sun. I can't seem to get past the meadow scene without slamming it shut and running to a more entartaining book! The twilight series was okay, but Edward is so creepy, Jacob is a bit obssesive, Bella is basically useless (in my opinion), and I probably like the elders of these characters more than the protagonists (Esme, Carlisle, Billy, Charlie, etc)

Joyce | 2030 comments Bookworm008 wrote: "I haven't read Life and Death, but I started reading Midnight Sun. I can't seem to get past the meadow scene without slamming it shut and running to a more entartaining book! The twilight series wa..."

I find some scenes sooo cringe worthy :/

and I read Midnight Sun as well! and agreed!!! especially in Midnight Sun, Edward was such a creep!!!! (sorry but not really...)

for real the Cullens siblings made the book bearable...

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I did not like Twilight at all (Please don't kill me) my friends hate to read and there is this one friend I have and they are the only one that read and they loved twilight and I read the first book but I thought it was meh but then I re read it as I thought that I was missing something and I still did not like it... I have read all the books but I don't get it! Maybe it is just me lol. Bella was a bland character( No offense) and Edward was sorta pushy (No offense) but I appreciate the hard work put into writing it

Shawna Finnigan (sugoishawn) | 553 comments Nihira wrote: "I did not like Twilight at all (Please don't kill me) my friends hate to read and there is this one friend I have and they are the only one that read and they loved twilight and I read the first bo..."

Don't worry. It's okay to dislike the Twilight series. I get what you're saying about Bella and Edward. For me it was really the side characters that made the story interesting to me. Jasper, Alice, and Emmet were more likable characters than Bella and Edward.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah Alice was pretty nice

message 16: by Aria aka Kassie, Group Manager (new)

Aria aka Kassie | 167 comments Mod
I don't even know what I think anymore...lol
So Edward, I (being the demon I am) like the way he thinks and stuff way too much for my own good. (Like I better be the boss or all of you guys are going to die and fail, basically me) I hate him sometimes, but I agree with him? Bella is just addicted, but I think it's okay? Like if the most important part or person in your life just left for your own good or something, I would probably act like that. (being the weird person I am)

Joyce | 2030 comments Shawna wrote: "Nihira wrote: "I did not like Twilight at all (Please don't kill me) my friends hate to read and there is this one friend I have and they are the only one that read and they loved twilight and I re..."

yesss I agree!!! I wasn't the biggest fan...but continued on with the series because of Alice, Jasper and Emmett!

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Alice, Jasper, Emmet have more character than Edward and Bella

Maggie the Muskoka Library Mouse (mcurry1990) Books were okay. Movies sucked.