Tsc chronological readathon 2021 discussion

The Chronological Reading Order

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Common_reader  (common_reader) | 285 comments Mod
Tsc Reading order:

What really Happend in Peru (bane chronicles)

The Runaway Queen (bane chronicles)

Vampires, scones and Edmund Herondale (Bane chronicles)

Clockwork Angel
Clockwork Prince
Clockwork Princess

Cast Long Shadows (ghosts of the shadow market)

Every Equisite Things (ghosts of the shadow market)

The Midnight Heir (bane chronicles)

Chain of Gold
Chain of Iron
Chain of Thorns

The Rise of Hotel Dumort (bane chronicles)

Learn about Loss (ghosts of the shadow market)

Saving Raphael Santiago (Bane chronicles)

A Deeper Love (ghosts of the shadow market)

The Fall of Hotel Dumort (bane chronicles)

The Wicked Ones (ghosts of the shadow market)

The Last stand of the New York Institute (bane chronicles)

Son of Dawn (ghosts of the shadow market)

City of bones
City of ashes
City of glass

The Red Scrolls of Magic

City of fallen angels
City of lost souls
City of heavenly fire

The Course of True Love (bane chronicles)

The Voicemail of Magnus Bane (bane chronicles)

Tales from the shadowhunter academy

The Lost Book of the White

The Land I Lost (ghosts of the shadow market)

Through blood, Through fire (ghosts of the shadow market)

Lady Midnight
Lord of Shadows
Queen of Air and Darkness

The Lost World (ghosts of the shadow market)

Forever Fallen (ghosts of the shadow market)

The Wicked Powers

........ Cassandra Clare

hi everyone!
i was thinking of starting in December. What do you think?

because there are so many books so a headstart would be nice

guys....please reply I am all alone

message 5: by Ida (new)

Ida Maria | 2 comments December sounds like a plan :)

message 6: by Mini (new)

Mini yeah December works for me:)

yass! ok then

so we will read the following in December:

What really Happend in Peru (bane chronicles)

The Runaway Queen (bane chronicles)

Vampires, scones and Edmund Herondale (Bane chronicles)

Clockwork Angel
Clockwork Prince

this is will be the order.
if possible to finish clockwork princess that will be great too. you can start by the end of November too depending upon your reading schedule for other books

message 9: by Ida (new)

Ida Maria | 2 comments Perfect :-)

message 10: by ri (new)

ri Great :)

message 11: by Common_reader (new)

there are people in the group who will experience these books for the first time. Should we have a non spoiler discussion chat and a spoiler discussion one? or do we share our non spoiler thoughts and share our spoiler thoughts after we all finish the particular book?

message 12: by Common_reader (new)

Dec 2020

1.What Really happened in Peru
2.The Runaway Queen
3.Vampires, scones and Edmund Herondale
4. Clockwork Angel
5. Clockwork Prince

January
6. Clockwork Princess

February
7. Cast Long Shadows
8. Every Equisite Thing
9. The Midnight Heir

March
10. Chain of Gold
11. Chain of Iron
12. The Rise Of Hotel Dumort
13. Learn about Loss
14. Saving Raphael Santiago

April
15. A Deeper Love
16. The Fall of Hotel Dumort
17. The Wicked Ones
18. The Last Stand Of the New York Institute
19. Son of Dawn

May
20. City of Bones
21. City of Ashes

June
22. City Of Glass
23. The Red Scrolls of Magic
24. City Of Fallen Angels

July
25. City Of Lost Souls
26. City Of Heavenly Fire
27. The Course of True Love
28. The Voicemail of Magnus Bane

August
29. Tales from the shadowhunter academy
30. Lost Book of the White
31. The Land I Lost
32. Through Blood, through fire

September
33. Lady Midnight

October
34. Lord Of Shadows

November
35. Queen Of Air And Darkness

December
36. The Lost World
37. Forever Fallen

please refer to the reading order which I have posted here and also messaged you all personally to find which novella is from ghosts of the shadow market and the bane chronicles

message 13: by -ˏˋclaraˊˎ- (new)

-ˏˋclaraˊˎ- (taleofteacups) | 1 comments this is so cool ❤️❤️

message 14: by eme☾ (new)

eme☾ | 1 comments Amazing! December it's ok for me too!

message 15: by Common_reader (new)

cool :)
can't wait for December and 2020 to end

message 16: by ~Cyanide Latte~ (new)

~Cyanide Latte~ (cyanidelatte) | 2 comments Thank you for the invite, and I am more than happy to start in December! (My reading might be a little slower than average; I work at a hospital, and even before everything with COVID, we always get busy in the month of December.) I read through this and I do think it'd be worth a shot to have both a spoiler and non-spoiler set of discussions for those who might be reading for the first time.

message 17: by Common_reader (new)

hey! Thanks for joining :)
Its alright to read at your own pacing and you can also skip the ones you don't wish to read.
yes, I was thinking of making separate discussion for the ones reading the books for the first time. We will now do just that

message 18: by Shambhavi (new)

Shambhavi  (shambhavee) Thanks for the invite. This would be my first time reading Mortal Instruments Series and The Bane Chronicles!

☽ alexandra ☾ Hi, thank you for inviting me! I'm so sorry to say that some of the Shadowhunter books are not translated to my native language and I'm just starting to read in English. Because of that I probably won't read all of Tsc. I'll try my best to keep up with you but we'll see...Anyways, I'm really looking forward to join you guys for this readathon! ♥

message 20: by Common_reader (new)

hi!
Its totally fine to not read all the books.
You can read what you like and join us for the discussion :)

☽ alexandra ☾ That would be great!

message 22: by maru ✰ (new)

maru ✰ (marulantsov) | 3 comments Hi, thank you so much for inviting me! I can’t wait for December to come, I only read Clockwork Angel and Clockwork Prince so it’s my first time reading the full saga of shadowhunters! Very excited. 💕

message 23: by Common_reader (new)

yay! There are so many people reading these series for the first time and I can't wait to see all your thoughts!

message 24: by Valentin (new)

Valentin Hi, thank you very much for inviting me. I've only read the first three books of The Mortal Instruments (I'm late to the party, I know hahaha), and I was planning to read the rest in a chronological order after that. Change of plan then, because I'd be happy to read along with you. x

message 25: by Common_reader (new)

:) I think reading all the books in chronological order will be good for you!

message 26: by Common_reader (new)

To those who haven't read any Cassandra Clare books, I suggest you read just City of Bones and then you can follow the chronological order.

「美佳」liesolitte Wow I just read City of Bones so I guess I'll go for the chronological order all the way hahaha. This is sooo cool. I'll be finishing my current books to start this the last week of November since I'm a bit busy with my messed up life right now :p Thanks for hosting this, it's a very cool and nice idea!

message 28: by Common_reader (new)

hi! Thank you so much :)
I hope you have fun reading

message 29: by Aliyah 🤍 (new)

Aliyah 🤍 (aliyahhii) Common_reader wrote: "hi! Thank you so much :)
I hope you have fun reading"

Hey guys!!
I'm a little slow so don't mind me. But do we start this December the 1st? I'm excited :)

message 30: by Common_reader (new)

1. What really Happend in Peru
2.the runaway queen
3. vampires, scones and Edmund Herondale
4. Clockwork Angel
5. Clockwork prince
we have to finish these by December. you can start them anytime. Dec 1 is a good idea.

any confusion, lemme know :)

message 31: by Aliyah 🤍 (last edited Nov 16, 2020 01:05AM) (new)

Aliyah 🤍 (aliyahhii) Common_reader wrote: "1. What really Happend in Peru
2.the runaway queen
3. vampires, scones and Edmund Herondale
4. Clockwork Angel
5. Clockwork prince
we have to finish these by December. you can start them anytime...."

so I should finish those books by the end of December?

message 32: by Divya (new)

Divya (divyasreemanikandan) | 13 comments Hey yourself! Thanks for inviting!
for Shadow hunters I'd reccomend you to start with TMI then TID then go with TDA and TEC and then TLH.

but if you wanna read these in chronological order, you must read TID(The Infernal Devices) first then go with TLH(The Last Hours: Chain of Gold) then TMI (Mortal instruments) and TEC (The Eldest Curses: "Red scrolls of magic" and "lost book of white") and finally TDA(The Dark Artefacts)

but watch out as Chain of Iron frm TLH is coming out next year. if you haven't read any of Cassandra's books, you can read in Chronological order as you'd be catching up next year with COI even if you haven't read the reat of the series :)

Hope it helps :)

message 33: by Divya (new)

Divya (divyasreemanikandan) | 13 comments and is this a spoilery talks of Shadow hunters or?

message 34: by Aliyah 🤍 (new)

Aliyah 🤍 (aliyahhii) I agree Averil (can I call you Averil?) I haven’t read Cassandras books yet but I’ve heard your supposed to start with the mortal instruments to get better understanding of the magic system and stuff. I could totally be wrong tho!

message 35: by Devanshi (new)

Devanshi Hey, I have a question! Since this is my first time reading it, will reading in the chronological order help me understand the magic system properly??

message 36: by Divya (new)

Divya (divyasreemanikandan) | 13 comments @Aliyah You're not wrong :) and you can call me Averil

message 37: by Divya (new)

Divya (divyasreemanikandan) | 13 comments @Devanshi I'd prefer you reading Mortal instruments first. but if you wanna catch up to COI, you could use the chronological order. but if you're a fast reader, you can totally read TMI first :)

message 38: by Aliyah 🤍 (new)

Aliyah 🤍 (aliyahhii) Averil Skyhawk☆ wrote: "@Aliyah You're not wrong :) and you can call me Averil"

ok, nice to meet you Averil :)

message 39: by Aliyah 🤍 (new)

Aliyah 🤍 (aliyahhii) Devanshi wrote: "Hey, I have a question! Since this is my first time reading it, will reading in the chronological order help me understand the magic system properly??"

same Devanshi, I think we should read TMI first. should we ask for the readathorn to start with TMI?

message 40: by Devanshi (new)

Devanshi Thank you Averil.. and that is actually what everyone suggested for the first timers!!

@Aliyah.. we should start with TMI I guess? But since for most of them it's a reread, I think they'll enjoy going along the Chronological orderᐠ( ᐛ )ᐟ.

message 41: by Devanshi (new)

Devanshi Also, one of my friends asked to pass along this message

This order is actually great! I've read all the books except Lost Book of The White and of course those that have yet to be released. I'd just recommend you to read Chain Of Gold after completing Ghosts of The Shadow Market.

(And sorry if I've interrupted)

message 42: by Aliyah 🤍 (new)

Aliyah 🤍 (aliyahhii) Devanshi wrote: "Thank you Averil.. and that is actually what everyone suggested for the first timers!!

@Aliyah.. we should start with TMI I guess? But since for most of them it's a reread, I think they'll enjoy ..."

Ok me, you and any other first time readers who want to can start with TMI, is that good with you?

message 43: by Aliyah 🤍 (new)

Aliyah 🤍 (aliyahhii) btw im not sure if it would be messing up the readathorn by starting with TMI or not...

message 44: by Devanshi (new)

Devanshi Then we can request the moderator?? I really want to start this series! And I know I'll chicken out if I was to read it alone(≡^∇^≡). Because it's too long!!

message 45: by Common_reader (new)

hi guys

message 46: by Common_reader (new)

so, just finished my exam, and i will now clear all the confusion.

in this group. we are reading the books in chronological order. The order which i have prepared and yiu can find in my bane chronicles review, and in the other topic called the reading order in this group.

the books which we are reading in dec are 3 stories from the bane chronicles and the first two books in tid. (to be finished by the end if December)

message 47: by Common_reader (new)

spoilery discussion should be only in the spoiler sections. i have divided topics into spoiler free and spoiler filled separately because there are many many who will read the books for the first time

message 48: by Common_reader (new)

Guys, for everyone reading these books for the first time, I want to make one thing very clear:

The chronological order is a very good way to start these series. The best even. Better than the publishing order which gets confusing.

Anyone who wants the schedule of how in each month what books this group will be reading and the order list, they can message me personally and I will send them.

If any confusion, I think its better if you message me personally.

Thank you ! 😄

message 49: by Common_reader (new)

Hello everyone! Hope you are all doing okay.

Please read these updates:

The first story is from the book bane chronicles which is- "What really Happend in Peru " . The discussion for this book will be spoiler filled only which will take place on 6th of December 2020.

The 2nd story is also from bane chronicles it is called- "The Runaway Queen " the disscusion will take place on 9th of December 2020.

The 3rd story is again from the bane chronicles- "Vampires, Scones and Edmund Herondale". The discussion of this book takes place on 11th of December 2020.

The 4rth book will be the first book in the infernal devices which is "CLOCKWORK ANGEL" for this book there is both a spoiler free and a spoiler filled section. Please do not mention any spoilers in the spoiler free section. The discussion of this book takes place on 19th December.

The last book in December will be "CLOCKWORK PRINCE". The discussion of this book takes place on 30th December 2020.

What really Happend in Peru: 6 Dec
The Runaway Queen: 9 Dec
Vampires Scones and Edmund Herondale: 11 Dec
Clockwork Angel: 19 Dec
Clockwork Prince: 30 Dec

For clockwork angel and prince you can share your spoiler free thoughts in the spoiler free section.

Thank you. If any confusion please let me know.

message 50: by Common_reader (new)

hi guys, just a quick reminder: On 6th Dec 2020 (Sunday) takes place the spoiler discussion of What really Happend in Peru which you will find in the bane chronicles folder in this group. Please participate and be active.

2. Another quick thing I want to say is that the readathon is beginning, ofc anyone can join anytime but if you all can send invites to few of your friends who would participate that would be nice so they can read with us from the begining.

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Cassandra Clare (other topics)