The Humour Club discussion

The Case of the Canterfell Codicil (Anty Boisjoly Mysteries, #1)
Books > Free Advanced Reader Copies of a new Wodehousian Murder Mystery

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by P.J. (new)

P.J. Fitzsimmons | 3 comments My locked-room, manor-house murder mystery written in the style of an homage to PG Wodehouse will be released on the 30th of October.
Until then, a limited number of ARCs are available, and I’d be very grateful for the discerning views of any Wodehouse aficionados in the house — The Case of the Canterfell Codicil doesn’t claim to have matched the style of the master, but it’s very unlikely that someone who isn’t familiar with or doesn’t care for the work of PG Wodehouse is going to like this novel.

A sharp beta-reader provided this blurb:

Anty Boisjoly's old Oxford coxswain is facing the gallows, accused of the murder of his wealthy uncle. Can Boisjoly solve not one but two locked-room mysteries to save his old chum? Only if it also involves a love triangle and a secret bequest, both of which will take all of Boisjoly's charm and cunning to unravel.

Join Wodehousian gadabout Boisjoly as he takes on his first case, pitting his wits and witticisms against a subversive butler, a single-minded detective, and an irascible goat. Will he manage to outmaneuver them all before his friend ends up on the gallows?

ARCs can be obtained from booksprout at
https://booksprout.co/arc/48421/the-c...
or by messaging me on Goodreads.

Thanks for reading.

message 2: by Joel (new)

Joel Bresler | 1556 comments Mod
Sounds like fun!

message 3: by P.J. (new)

P.J. Fitzsimmons | 3 comments Joel wrote: "Sounds like fun!"

I can confirm that it is, but I would say that, wouldn't I?

So I'll leverage this reply to add a link to an excerpt and invite those who don't use Booksprout to drop me a line here on Goodreads.

message 4: by P.J. (new)

P.J. Fitzsimmons | 3 comments In closing out this thread I want to express my infinite thanks to those who read The Case of the Canterfell Codicil and provided me with invaluable feedback. I’ve learned to have fewer plot pivots hinging on characters with the same name and that not every, single line needs to be a wisecrack. And I’m moved to discover that there are readers who understand and appreciate what I set out to do.
Thank you.
The Case of the Canterfell Codicil (Anty Boisjoly Mysteries, #1) by P.J. Fitzsimmons