The Selectionᵃᶰ ᵃᵈᵛᵃᶰᶜᵉᵈ ʳᵒˡᵉᵖˡᵃʸ discussion

General > questions/comments/suggestions.

Comments Showing 1-50 of 185 (185 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

avery ♞ do something revolutionary (averyreadsbooks) | 714 comments Mod
Any questions, comments or suggestions? Tell us here!

message 2: by sucre'd fiend (new)

sucre'd fiend (sucredfiend) | 30 comments How many selected girls is each member allowed to have?

Each member can create 3 selected girls.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Is birth stone and birth flower really necessary? Also I suggest you use proper capitalization.

I suppose it's optional, but it only takes a few seconds to look up. Also, I think it looks better when not capitalized.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay, if you think it looks better.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Also an information thread about the provinces and such.

ʀᴇᴅ wrote: "I was just wondering if we were allowed to make the royals as well? I wanted to make one of the sisters and possibly a brother..."

Go to the character claims thread in the character folder. All of the princesses are claimed, but I believe there is a prince available.

✽ ᴄᴀᴍᴇʟʟɪᴀ » ɪ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜɪɴɢs ɴᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ᴇʟsᴇ sᴇᴇs wrote: "Also an information thread about the provinces and such."

I'll add it either tonight or tomorrow.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

So this is the first part of my template mind telling me if it's good or not?

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I love it! It's fantastic! :)

That's super cool!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Many apoligies, but I have to leave this group. Please remove my claim.

Okay. Thanks for letting us know!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

avery {Iᴛ·s ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀɴ ᴏʙᴏᴇ ʀᴇᴇᴅ} wrote: "That's super cool!"

Thanks. :D

message 16: by Kat (new)

Kat (kitty_kat_kit)
I have a question about the template. Well more like about my history In another Selection group I wrote my girls history in the 1st person as if she was telling it instead of the regular third person and I was wondering if that was okay or if I'd have to change it? For Rp I'll obviously write in third person as the rules say since it is the rules and it would seem weird to me to roleplay in first person anyways. If its not okay that's fine I can re-write it I was just hoping I wouldn't have to I just probably won't get done with it till late on Sunday.

I'd be fine with that. Just make sure that you put a little note above the top saying that you wrote it in first person to avoid confusion.

message 18: by Kat (new)

Kat (kitty_kat_kit) Okay I can do that. Thanks.

Not at all too late! We won't start roleplay until we have 10 maids, 10 guards, and 20 Selected girls. To get started, just head on over to the character folder. Claim whoever you want for your face claim. I believe there are a few special character claims left, but you'll have to check. Then, you can use the template or one of your own to make either a maid, Selected girl, guard, or a special character (only if claimed first). If you have any more questions, just tell us here and a mod will respond!

Yes. Just warning you, if she/he is not a guard, maid, or other palace servant, you won't be able to roleplay with them.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

No, sorry

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, you do!

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Anytime :D

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

How many selected do we have?

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

We have nine :D

Yup!

Three's are typically upper-middle class or middle-class, but usually upper-middle class. It's never specified in the books about adoption. I would imagine adopted children would have parents who died. They would then probably be adopted by Two's or Three's, possibly rich Four's (but not likely). The adopted child would either be a baby when adopted or, if older, be relatively talented/smart.

I think you misunderstood my previous comment: their adopted parents would be in the Second or Third caste. The adopted child would take the caste of the parents who adopted them.

They wouldn't be able to afford to take in another child if they were of lower caste! The caste system is like a hierarchy, and upper castes are very judgmental of lower castes. In the lower castes, an orphan child would probably be left to die. They didn't have a foster care system in Illèa. In the upper castes, it would be considered a disgrace to take in a child who had once been of a lower caste. It would also be disgraceful to the family of the dead parents to give an upper caste child to a lower caste couple. If upper-caste parents died, the baby would go to an upper-caste couple that knew the dead parents. Perhaps colleagues, friends, or family.

message 30: by avery ♞ do something revolutionary, Head Mod (last edited Feb 15, 2015 06:15AM) (new)

That is stated in the caste information thread. The woman always takes the man's caste, regardless of what hers was.

You need to put <./spoiler> (take out the period) after the images.

There isn't a sentence count, but it must be 11 lines long.

message 33: by Angel (new)

Angel (angelyh) Can I make a Princess (Eva) from Illéa or a different country?

message 34: by Angel (new)

Angel (angelyh) Oh, and can I use the Vanderbilt template?

Eмρrєѕѕ Aηgєℓ σƒ Gαℓαχιєѕ Bєуση∂ Gαℓαχιєѕ wrote: "Can I make a Princess (Eva) from Illéa or a different country?"
Must be from Illèa. Also, all the princesses are claimed. You can't make one.

Eмρrєѕѕ Aηgєℓ σƒ Gαℓαχιєѕ Bєуση∂ Gαℓαχιєѕ wrote: "Oh, and can I use the Vanderbilt template?"
No, this one has certain stuff you need in it for this roleplay.

message 36: by Angel (new)

Angel (angelyh) Okay, but is it necessary for meaning of name, birthstone, etc.?

Um, yes, it only takes like two seconds to look up.

message 38: by Angel (new)

Angel (angelyh) KK! Just wondering if it was there for a reason. :)

message 39: by Angel (new)

Angel (angelyh) Will a girl actually be selected?

message 40: by Angel (new)

Angel (angelyh) Can we make up info about the province our selected girl is from?

Eмρrєѕѕ Aηgєℓ σƒ Gαℓαχιєѕ Bєуση∂ Gαℓαχιєѕ wrote: "Can we make up info about the province our selected girl is from?"
I guess, just make it realistic, because all the provinces are in North America. No "magical fairy land with unicorns!"

Eмρrєѕѕ Aηgєℓ σƒ Gαℓαχιєѕ Bєуση∂ Gαℓαχιєѕ wrote: "Will a girl actually be selected?"
Yes, and then that Selected girl will get to roleplay with Prince Will, including their wedding, kids, etc. Meanwhile, the Selection of Will's brothers and sisters will be happening. Girls will be eliminated throughout the Selection.

message 42: by Angel (new)

Angel (angelyh) Okay

message 43: by Angel (new)

Angel (angelyh) # of Provinces we can claim?

message 44: by Angel (new)

Angel (angelyh) Can my rebel leader be a selected girl, like Kris?

Eмρrєѕѕ Aηgєℓ σƒ Gαℓαχιєѕ Bєуση∂ Gαℓαχιєѕ wrote: "# of Provinces we can claim?"

You can only make up to 3 Selected girls, so 3.

Eмρrєѕѕ Aηgєℓ σƒ Gαℓαχιєѕ Bєуση∂ Gαℓαχιєѕ wrote: "Can my rebel leader be a selected girl, like Kris?"

Well, it's Kriss, first off, and no, sorry.

message 47: by Angel (new)

Angel (angelyh) KK, thanks a mil!

message 48: by Angel (new)

Angel (angelyh) Avery- you said a Macbook Air line is a bit more than a tablet line, why would that not work for iPads?

Becase iPads are tablets that have a smaller screen size and are tablets. The lines on an iPad have less writing per line than MacBook Airs.

message 50: by Angel (new)

Angel (angelyh) RP will only start when a girl is made for every province, right?

« previous 1 3 4

The Selectionᵃᶰ ᵃᵈᵛᵃᶰᶜᵉᵈ ʳᵒˡᵉᵖˡᵃʸ

unread topics | mark unread