Great Middle Grade Reads discussion

CURRENTLY READING > The best book I read in September (2020)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by C.J. (new)

C.J. Milbrandt (cjmilbrandt) | 139 comments Mod
The season's turning, and we're well into fall, which can be a good time of year to cozy up with a book. Have you made any middle grade discoveries that you'd recommend to the group? Do share!

A quick scan of my own reading for September shows a shocking trend away from MG titles. This does happen nfrom time to time. What can I say, I've been on a historical mystery kick. One age appropriate read, which is technically a reread for me, was Angel on High.

Angel on High by Christa Kinde

message 2: by Manybooks (new)

Manybooks | 338 comments The best books I read in September were definitely rereads,

Winterbound

Marianne Dreams

I also quite enjoyed The Frame-Up, the premise of paintings coming alive is marvellous, but the art heist felt a bit tacked on and too standard.

message 3: by Delaney (new)

Delaney | 2 comments I really liked white bird! (it's a graphic novel)

message 4: by Justine (last edited Oct 30, 2020 07:46AM) (new)

Justine Laismith (justinelaismith) | 315 comments Oh, I let this ball drop. We are at the end of October already?

I only managed four MG books in Sep. Apart from our BOTM Sweep: The Story of a Girl and Her Monster, I also enjoyed Hoodoo. Set in the sleepy town of Alabama, an orphan boy hears of a mysterious Stranger out to destroy the town. When his guardian falls victim to this evil being, he decides to fulfil the prophecy as the one to destroy him. One to read for Halloween.

I also checked out a non-fiction The National Archives: Plague Unclassified: Secrets of the Great Plague Revealed

message 5: by Harley (new)

Harley Bennett | 98 comments Best book that I read for the first time was The Case of the Left-Handed Lady. But I also read again The Girl from Felony Bay which is a favorite.

message 6: by Jemima (new)

Jemima Pett | 1437 comments Mod
Looks like I didn't read any MG in July, August or September except my own! Did quite a few non-fictions though.