Beta Reader Group discussion

PAID services requested > Seeking Beta Reader/Editor for a 98K Fictional Suspense Story

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (amazingact21) | 1 comments Hello, I am seeking a beta reader/editor for a 98K novel. The story is categorized as fiction, suspense, and mystery. I would prefer someone who has experience in those genres, but it is not imperative.

My goal is to find someone who will catch any adjectives that have squirmed their way through multiple revisions. Clichés and rhetorical questions seem to become invisible when myself and my content readers read my story, so I am looking for someone who can uncover their hiding spots and help rid me of them.

If you are willing to undertake this task and are interested in following a family vacation gone awry, please leave a reply below.

message 2: by Gabby (new)

Gabby (gabbycd) | 88 comments Hi Alicia,

I’m an experienced freelance editor and beta with a Ba in English and Creative Writing. I have edited quite a few mystery and suspense novels and they’re some of my favourites to read, so I’d love to help! You can read testimonials from my clients on my website.

If you’re looking for a beta read, I charge $0.0015AUD/word (about $0.001USD/word). If you’re looking for a copy edit, I charge $0.003-.0004AUD/word ($0.002-0.003USD/word). I have details on all my services on my website. I’d also be happy to provide a free sample at first to ensure my feedback is what you’re looking for.

My website is https://gcdeditorial.wordpress.com
You can email me at gcdeditorial@outlook.com if you have any questions or wish to discuss further. I’d love to work with you!

Kindly,
Gabby

message 3: by Soare (new)

Soare Stapanire | 56 comments Hi Alicia,
I'm interested in beta-reading your novel. I'm also working on a novel which is in the mystery genre, I'd love to help you out.
If you are interested or have any questions, feel free to pm me or email me at fu65745@gmail.com
Thanks!

message 4: by Marta (new)

Marta :} | 52 comments Hi Alicia,

I would love to beta read for you, I love reading Fiction and Mystery and your book sounds very thrilling!
I offer general feedback on plot, characters, inaccuracies, any possible areas of improvement, initial reactions (my reactions as I read your book - my feelings and thoughts on particular scenes) and notes on the manuscript. Optionally, I ask authors to send me a list of questions if they are concerned about specific themes. I can definitely check those adjectives for you.
I charge 1 Euro per 1000 words and I offer a two-three weeks turnaround, you can check more details about my service here (including testimonials): https://thecursedbooks.wordpress.com/...
You can contact me at marta_antonella@yahoo.com if you're interested.
Looking forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,
Marta

message 5: by Fanna (new)

Fanna (fannaforbooks) | 80 comments Hey, Alicia!

Your story sounds really interesting and since I've read various thrillers as well as contemporary fiction with mysterious undertones, I think I'd be a great beta reader for this manuscript.

↦ quick links: details | base price | samples | testimonials

Considering the specific pointers you're hoping to receive in the feedback, I would suggest my chapter-by-chapter feedback that costs according to a base price of $1.5/1K words.

It's perfect for those who are in further stages of developing the story or are positive about their early drafts and want a more cohesive feedback for the next draft; it’ll allow you to get more specific solutions and a feedback that spots the difficult-to-point-out mistakes.

Expected turnaround time for such a word count would be two weeks. You can read more about the current discount being offered and other details of the service ➵ here.

If you wish to place an order, simply fill out this form and I'll reply with a confirmation or if you have a query, just send an email to fanna.the.blog@gmail.com Looking forward to working with you!

message 6: by Silvia (new)

Silvia (drumgenie) | 167 comments Hey Alicia,
I would love to learn more about your manuscript and deadlines! I have eight years experience in editing and I love working on suspense novels. Please feel free to check out my website where you can view my services, pricing and testimonials at www.silviasreading.webs.com
If you would like to talk more, please feel free to email me at silviasreadingcorner@gmail.com
Best of luck!
Silvia

message 7: by Ayesha (last edited Oct 05, 2020 07:17AM) (new)

Ayesha Ghaffar | 145 comments Hi Alicia, I am an editor and beta reader and this project sounds like something I would be interested in. Please check out my website at whatayeshareads.blogspot.com/p/beta-r... for testimonials and more information. I charge $.50 per 1000 words.

Thanks,
Ayesha

message 8: by Sara (new)

Sara  (goodreadscomliterarybird29) | 23 comments Hi Alicia,

I would love to beta read for you. I have a Master's in English with a concentration in creative writing. I also spent some time in the publishing industry.

Feel free to take a look at my website: https://thewritersward.wordpress.com/

Email me at saraelise029@gmail.com if you are interested, and we can discuss a time frame and rates! I'm very flexible, and I am a writer myself so I understand wanting to pay for quality.

Happy writing!

Sara

message 9: by Meghalee (new)

Meghalee Mitra | 37 comments Hi Alicia,

I would love to beta read and proofread your work. :) I have a Master's degree in Literature, and have spent years critiquing books. I pay special attention to each line, with in-line reactions, feedback, and tips on how to improve sentences/portions that don't work. I will also write a long Report.

You can check authentic reviews for my work at fiverr.com/wordpaint . My gig reviews will show you that all my clients have been the happiest ones. I hope to do that for you as well. :) I have 5+ years of experience in this field. I have written and edited several issues across notable platforms.

My rate is $1 per 1000 words till we reach 100k words. After that it's $0.5

(I proofread for free in beta reading projects.)

Hope this helps! :) If you have an issue with the rate, then do get it touch and I'll see what I can do. :)

My email is meghaleemitra@gmail.com. Please feel free to message me here or via mail.

Looking forward!

message 10: by Isabelle (new)

Isabelle (bellie82) Hi, i have experience in beta and alpha reading for various authors. I am told I have an eagle eye for errors and inconsistencies in stories.
I am a starter in the paid services and i am very interested in helping you out.
I you are willing to take a chance on me pls contact me
Dweerdi@gmail.com

message 11: by Nastasia (new)

Nastasia Bishop | 58 comments Hi Alicia,

I'm probably a bit late to the party, but if you are still looking, I have just launched my new website for proofreading, copywriting, beta reading and more.

www.stardustediting.com

Thanks!

Nastasia

message 12: by Anna (new)

Anna (andzela) | 20 comments Hi Alicia!

I would love to beta read your novel.
References upon request.
Here are my rates and what I promise. 

I will read your story and send you very detailed feedback, often times specifying what are my reflections as I am reading. (a reader report)
These are my rates:
$10 for 10000 words (2 days delivery)
$40 for 50000 words (7 days delivery)
$80 for a 100000 words (12 days delivery)

My email is andzela_a@yahoo.com

Regards, 
Anna

message 13: by Ayesha (new)

Ayesha Ghaffar | 145 comments Risah, these are really old threads you are replying to. Might want to check the date posted.

Risah wrote: "Hi Alicia,

I’m Risah T.S., a freelance architect and a book reviewer/beta-reader from the Philippines. My edge would be my flexibility in reading. I read a lot of fiction and some non-fiction, bot..."

message 14: by Risah (new)

Risah (risahsbookreviews) | 1 comments Ayesha wrote: "Risah, these are really old threads you are replying to. Might want to check the date posted.

Risah wrote: "Hi Alicia,

I’m Risah T.S., a freelance architect and a book reviewer/beta-reader from ..."

Thanks for the reminder, Ayesha. Yes, I am looking at the dates before I comment. The posts are not exactly new but they are not that old either. Also, I don't think the selection has been closed to any of the threads I've recently commented on, so I'm still trying my luck.