2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

Silenced (Lucy Kincaid, #4)
This topic is about Silenced
Silenced > Question H

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 6191 comments Mod
Hans Vigo is steadfast in his support of Lucy. Is he biased or dead right? Do you believe, as Paxton asserted, that he falsified Lucy’s profile?

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1647 comments Hans is right in his support of Lucy. I think he sees Lucy as she really is and knows she will make a great agent. I thought Paxton was lying about a lot of what he told Sean.

Robin (robinmy) | 1384 comments I don't think Hans would falsify anyone's profile. Yes, he likes Lucy and believes that she will make a fantastic FBI agent, but he wouldn't let her into the agency if he didn't think she was ready for it.

I agree with you both (again!). Hans is too ethical to do something like that. All he did was help her get another interview since the first was biased. For Paxton to assert differently is just mean. He wants Sean to tell Lucy that, which would make her resent Sean and possibly leave the FBI. Maybe he wants her working with him again. Whatever, it was not something a friend would do.

Melissa (melissasd) | 673 comments Hans Vigo is a good judge of character and he knows a good agent when he sees one. His support of Lucy is honest and justified. I do not believe falsified anything.

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 842 comments I don't think Hans would falsify his judgment of anyone. Not only would that hurt the FBI if it were true but it would affect people's ability to believe him in the future. I don't think he would ever take that risk (even if he wanted to).

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 1993 comments Hans would not falsify anyone's records. He sees Lucy's ability to get in the mind of the killer and knows she will be an asset to the FBI. If he didn't trust her he wouldn't put anyone at risk with someone who isn't qualified.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 770 comments I thought I read that Hans admitted he had changed the paper(s) for Lucy.

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 1993 comments Charlene wrote: "I thought I read that Hans admitted he had changed the paper(s) for Lucy."

I don't think he changed the papers. It is my understanding that he helped to get her another review board with unbiased members.

That’s correct. He overruled the panel, which was a rare action but not out of bounds to do.