2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

Silenced (Lucy Kincaid, #4)
This topic is about Silenced
Silenced > Question D

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (last edited Oct 04, 2020 06:49PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 6267 comments Mod
Noah comes down pretty hard on Lucy. Was he justified at the time he chastised her (in front of Stein and Slater)? Was it the right move to sideline her to work with Genie, the detective with the DC Metro Police? Was there anything she could have done differently?

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1681 comments He came down on her with both feet. Very heavy handed. I was so disappointed in him, but, Lucy was overstepping. I thought the whole thing was a show for Stein and Slater, because she asked really good questions and got really good information. His choice was to assign her to Genie or send her back to a desk at the office. Lucy, being Lucy, was right, but she is going to need to work the politics in situations like this one.

Robin (robinmy) | 1419 comments Noah has talked to her a few times about her overstepping her position. He knew what he was doing with Stein and planned to ask those questions later when she did it for him. I don't blame him to chastising her.

He didn't send her back to the office because he wants her to learn, and he needed someone to work with Genie since they were partnered with the cops on the case. She was in the right place at the right time.

I thought he came down a little hard but agree she overstepped. His choice to send her to the case with Genie Reid was the better of the two options. He knew she’d be helpful and learn something.

At times, I think Noah lacks objectivity when it comes to Lucy. I go back and forth with him.

Melissa (melissasd) | 676 comments He was very harsh with Lucy, but like you guys said, she has been spoken to about overstepping. Lucy and Genie worked well together, so I think Noah made the right choice there.

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 856 comments I agree. Lucy was going a bit too far but it didn't call for Noah to be so hard on her. I agree, Jonetta. I go back and forth about Noah also.

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 2019 comments Noah made me very angry through most of the book. He was too harsh and never gives Lucy a chance to explain.

I guess I missed something, but even an analyst has a right to ask questions and state opinions. In my opinion, Lucy puts too much faith in Noah. I'm with Sean where Noah is concerned.

I like Lucy with Genie. They make a good pair.

I think Lucy puts too much faith in Noah, too.

I need to correct myself. I believe Lucy overstepped not with Stein but when she pushed with Genie’s murder. She ended up being right but maybe she could have taken him aside to state her position. Doing that in front of Genie put him in an awkward position.

Now, with that said, Noah’s treatment of her for asking questions of Stein was way out of line. By the end of the book, I’m back to being neutral about Noah.

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 2019 comments I can't be neutral. He reminds me of a verbally abusive partner. He spits and spews crap then comes back and says I'm sorry. He had plenty of opportunities to let Lucy know that he was acting out of stress; he never did. To add salt in my wounds, Noah gives Lucy four days off then immediately tells her all hands on deck to go over the evidence. He can't be honest.

I was angry that Lucy didn't stand up to him when he did apologize. Instead she tells him she deserved it basically.

You make some compelling points Sharon. I'm TRYING to stay neutral😏

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 770 comments I was also very put out with Noah; he didn't have to make his points in that overbearing manner in front of the guys. Did the mentor have to do this in front of strangers (to Lucy)?

Good point, Charlene!