2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

Silenced (Lucy Kincaid, #4)
This topic is about Silenced
Silenced > Question A

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 6269 comments Mod
From the prologue, we understand what happened in Hannah/Ivy’s home. Your reaction when you later learn she’s running a prostitution ring?

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1681 comments Hannah/Ivy is a very interesting character. We really don't know what is going on with her for quite a while. I was disappointed that she was running a call girl service and really wondered how that came about since she was so young.

Robin (robinmy) | 1419 comments I didn't know what was going on with Hannah. I thought she may end up dead at the beginning of the book.

I was surprised a girl that young was running a prostitution ring also, Anita.

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 6269 comments Mod
At first I was pretty shocked. But after thinking about it, it wasn’t a stretch. She was a 14-year incest rape victim, out on her own. It wasn’t a leap for her as she’d been sexualized so young, against her will. Hannah was resilient though because her sole purpose in life was to save money to rescue her younger sister. It was her promise to her mother. She had no one left so her own personal value was nonexistent.

It’s awful that we can have girls on the street, that young, having to sell their bodies to survive. One of these days we’ll stop looking at this as victimless and focus on the demand.

Melissa (melissasd) | 676 comments I was a bit surprised, but under the circumstances I understood. Also, she tried to take care of her girls.

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 2023 comments It surprised me a little, but it works.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 770 comments I was shocked if I thought about it as a whole. I tried to compartmentalize.