Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Why can't I delete this book?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Devastatingwildness | 17 comments Hello, Im librarian and I noticed recently I cant delete some books with very few reviews. I want to delete this one with 1 rate and other 'marked to read'.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

So, what's the reason?

(I already asked elsewhere to superlibrarians to delete it)

Thanks.

message 2: by Hákon (new)

Hákon Gunnarsson | 319 comments Why do you want delete it? Is it just because it has few reviews?

message 3: by Scott (new)

Scott | 22172 comments It wasn't connected to any of its other editions. It is now, and I have set it to merge.

message 4: by Emily (last edited Oct 01, 2020 10:17AM) (new)

Emily | 14760 comments If you could go ahead and delete your post from the superlibrarians thread I'd appreciate it. :)
Someone has marked it as done, so no need to delete your comment.

Devastatingwildness | 17 comments I should explain myself better, sorry for that. Also, you should have asked before merging that book. That book is a duplicate of this one:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Since the one I linked before had less reviews and was not merged to the other editions I think its the one that should be deleted.

message 6: by Scott (new)

Scott | 22172 comments The edition you linked was deleted. It had no cover or publication information at all.

message 7: by Devastatingwildness (last edited Oct 01, 2020 08:53AM) (new)

Devastatingwildness | 17 comments I think someone already deleted the duplicate. Maybe super librarian? I dont know. But I have still the same doubt. I thought librarians could choose to delete a book with less than 5 reviews.

Edit: Oh, right! Emily was superlibrarian, almost forgot.

message 8: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13759 comments Devastatingwildness wrote: "I think someone already deleted the duplicate. Maybe super librarian? I dont know. But I have still the same doubt. I thought librarians could choose to delete a book with less than 5 reviews."

Librarians can only merge books with <5 reviews, not delete them outright. The edition you wanted deleted was not combined with the other edition, that's why you couldn't do it.

Devastatingwildness | 17 comments lethe wrote: "Devastatingwildness wrote: "I think someone already deleted the duplicate. Maybe super librarian? I dont know. But I have still the same doubt. I thought librarians could choose to delete a book wi..."

Oh yes! I feel dumb now because I forgot that explanation from the manual. Thank you.