The Procrastinators Book Club discussion

The Beautiful (The Beautiful, #1)
This topic is about The Beautiful
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
★Buddy/Group Read Retirement★ > The Beautiful (October 2020) Buddy Read Discussion ~ Alex & Jade & Hafsah & Jeeya & Michelle & Cat

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Althea ☾, Group Procrastinator (On Hiatus) (last edited Oct 05, 2020 06:15PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Althea ☾ (themoonwholistens) | 1118 comments Mod
Welcome to the The Beautiful Discussion thread! This thread officially opens on October 25th and anyone can join at any time. Please keep in mind that spoilers are allowed in this thread but only up to the group's current reading place. Do not spoil the book if you've read further than the group. Any extra days can be used to catch up!

Each day we will be reading by chapters or page numbers. Page numbers are an approximation based on the hardcover or paperback that is the default on Goodreads. The suggested Buddy Read discussion schedule is as follows:

Week of 10/25
Oct 25: Chapters 1-6
Oct 26: Chapters 7-12
Oct 27: Chapters 13-18
Oct 28: Chapters 19-24
Oct 29: Chapters 25-30
Oct 30: Chapters 31-36
Oct 31: Chapters 36-end

PARTICIPANTS
~ Alex
~ Jade
~ Hafsah
~ Jeeya
~ Michelle
~ Cat

message 2: by Jeeya (new) - added it

Jeeya (meraki_reads_) | 27 comments hi can i join?

Alex (The Scribe Owl) | 234 comments @Jeeya sure! Are you okay with starting on the 25th? We've yet to figure out chapter dates, but we'd like to start then.

message 4: by Jeeya (new) - added it

Jeeya (meraki_reads_) | 27 comments Ya sure thanks

Alex (The Scribe Owl) | 234 comments Schedule:

25: 1-6
26: 7-12
27: 13-18
28: 19-24
29: 25-30
30: 31-36
31: 36-end

Michelle (shelbrenn) | 266 comments Can I join in?

Jade Melody (jademelody) | 9 comments Michelle wrote: "Can I join in?"

Of Course!

message 8: by Cat (new) - added it

Cat | Bookocraze (bookocraze) | 181 comments Hey there! I’d love to participate in the read along :D

message 9: by Althea ☾, Group Procrastinator (On Hiatus) (last edited Oct 25, 2020 12:20AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Althea ☾ (themoonwholistens) | 1118 comments Mod
Hey! I just so happened to pick up this book at the same time you guys are reading it so I'll join if it's fine :D

I don't have chapter numbers but I'm around the 15% mark !

Alex (The Scribe Owl) | 234 comments Hey guys! I had borrowed a copy of this from the library, but my loan ran out and I missed the renew window. I have a new hold, but odds are I won't get it in time. Im so sorry to miss it, but maybe I can join in later!

Hafsah (pretentiouspolyglot) | 113 comments Aw Alex that's so sad! Was looking forward to buddy reading another book with you :(

It's okay though, you can always join us when you do get a hold of your copy!!!

Alex (The Scribe Owl) | 234 comments Hafsah wrote: "Aw Alex that's so sad! Was looking forward to buddy reading another book with you :(

It's okay though, you can always join us when you do get a hold of your copy!!!"

Thank you! I hope we can do some in November too <3

message 13: by Michelle (last edited Oct 27, 2020 08:03PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Michelle (shelbrenn) | 266 comments I went on a beach trip so I have finished it already.
It was slow to build up for sure. I love the descriptive writing and the setting in New Orleans. Celine is a strong female character with a questionable past. The change in voice from 3rd to 1st, wonder who the vampire is??

Hafsah (pretentiouspolyglot) | 113 comments I didn't like Celine for the most part??
And the fact that the book being vampire themed the vampires made a late appearance..

Alex (The Scribe Owl) | 234 comments Guess whose copy just came!!

message 16: by Alex (The Scribe Owl) (last edited Nov 01, 2020 09:14PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Alex (The Scribe Owl) | 234 comments Done! Final thoughts:

- Sloooow pacing
- Bastian <3 except for that one weird scene
- I loved the setting in New Orleans!
- Good ending + cliffhanger - I'm totally going to read the next one this month! Anyone else in?
- Vampires?? Where?

My review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Laura ☾ | 1002 comments Ah I didn't realise there was a buddy read going on for this!

I would join you guys if you read the sequel!

Hafsah (pretentiouspolyglot) | 113 comments If you haven't already read the sequel, Alex and I were planning to read it some time late this month x

Laura ☾ | 1002 comments Hafsah wrote: "If you haven't already read the sequel, Alex and I were planning to read it some time late this month x"

Yeah I’d be in!

Michelle (shelbrenn) | 266 comments I would love to read the next one too!

Hafsah (pretentiouspolyglot) | 113 comments The more the merrier!!!
I don't think we have a thread yet but we're starting on the 17th if that works for you x

Michelle (shelbrenn) | 266 comments The 17th works for me

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.