The Procrastinators Book Club discussion

Take a Hint, Dani Brown (The Brown Sisters, #2)
This topic is about Take a Hint, Dani Brown
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
★Buddy/Group Read Retirement★ > Take a Hint, Dani Brown (October 2020) Buddy Read Discussion ~ Laura C & Laura H & Althea

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Althea ☾, Group Procrastinator (On Hiatus) (new)

Althea ☾ (themoonwholistens) | 1118 comments Mod
Welcome to the Take a Hint, Dani Brown Buddy Read Discussion thread! This thread officially opens on October 9th and anyone can join at any time. Please keep in mind that spoilers are allowed in this thread but only up to the group's current reading place. Do not spoil the book if you've read further than the group. Any extra days can be used to catch up!

Each day we will be reading by chapters or page numbers. Page numbers are an approximation based on the hardcover or paperback that is the default on Goodreads. The suggested Buddy Read discussion schedule is as follows:

Week of 10/09
Oct 09: 25%
Oct 10: 25%

Week of 10/11
Oct 11: 25%
Oct 12: 25%

PARTICIPANTS
~ Laura C
~ Laura H
~ Althea

Laura ☾ | 999 comments So I’ve finished the first quarter

So far I’m not enjoying this as much as book 1 - I’m finding it harder to relate to Dani than it was to Chloe

message 3: by Laura (last edited Oct 09, 2020 08:49AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Laura  H (shardsofromance) | 309 comments Im planning to start tonight, i've heard from a few people that feel didn't connect to Dani as much as Chloe.

Hoping thats not the case for me as i relate more to Dani from the precis, so expect shall be good.

message 4: by Althea ☾, Group Procrastinator (On Hiatus) (new)

Just finished the first chapter too and I actually find them super adorable HAHA

I relate more to Zaf than Dani tbh and it helps that he's also a reader? Which is cool. I might prefer their dynamic over Chloe and redhead artist from the first book o.0 I also didn't really click with them

I just like it when two people act like bestfriends? Like that kind of dynamic and from the first chapter it's already cute how they interact with one another.

message 5: by Laura (last edited Oct 10, 2020 05:13AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Laura  H (shardsofromance) | 309 comments Just finished ch 4 and jm loving it so far! I find them so much fun and so adorable already, i adore their banter and dynamic as friends so much.

I too connect to Zaf more, although I can understand Dani and her fears on relationships. She seems like such an entertaining teacher too! With the whiteboard notes and interactions with students.

Im enjoying these two a lot more then i did Chloe and Red, who it took me a while to really fall for in their book. Although i did like them too and love their appearance here which was really cute.

The pacing in this one seems improved too, as i remember the last one being a bit up and down for me. That could just be that i love Dani and Zaf so quickly through.

The video and hashtags, instagram and twitter comments i love the layout of those. #Dr Rugbae is so sweet 😂

message 6: by Althea ☾, Group Procrastinator (On Hiatus) (new)

Me too! I definitely just fell into Dani and Zaf a lot more compared to Chloe and Red. Their relationship seems more realistic to me? Like they actually interact on daily basis before the start of the story which I find really cute.

Same thoughts with the pacing.

Yeah in conclusion of my update I'm enjoying Dani and Zaf's story more XD

Laura ☾ | 999 comments Ok I've read up to around 75% and I do definitely like Zaf a lot more than I like Dani! I think I preferred Chloe to Dani but prefer Zaf to Redford? hahah but they seem to work as couples as they are!

So far, I'd still say I personally preferred the first book, but I'm definitely enjoying this one as well!

Laura ☾ | 999 comments Alright I couldn't help myself and finished it - I did end up enjoying it quite a lot! I still liked Chloe a smidge more, but I still really liked this! especially the character growth!

Laura  H (shardsofromance) | 309 comments Awesome! Im enjoying this one more then the first book, i adore Zaf and Dani - their dynamic and chemistry is so much fun. Im weak for fake relationship trope and loving the social media aspects 😊

Going slow though as in a couple buddy reads and challenge books take priority too, but its sweeet to jump back into this book and i adore them.

The car park kiss, texting and phone call. I adore their bond so much!

message 10: by Althea ☾, Group Procrastinator (On Hiatus) (new)

Hi I might need to drop off this buddy read coz I can't seem to get into the ebook but I know that I would love it if I read it in a different format. Still planning to read this when I get my hands on the audiobook or physical copy though. Sorry!

message 11: by Laura (last edited Oct 13, 2020 10:42AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Laura  H (shardsofromance) | 309 comments Aww no problem, completely understand. I hope you will enjoy once have audiobook.

Finished ch 7. Im loving it so far, these two are so much fun together and seeing slow development between them is sweet 😊

Laura ☾ | 999 comments @althea that’s alright!

@laura ooh yay I’m glad you’re enjoying it!

Laura  H (shardsofromance) | 309 comments Just finished! I loved this story so much 💕

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.