Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Children's Fiction > Sergeant Frosty Publications

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (new)

David Flin | 12 comments Just to note that I've just launched Sergeant Frosty Publications, focusing on SF, Fantasy, and Historical fiction for children and young adults.

First 4 books are available. For details, see www.sergeantfrosty.com

message 2: by Shalu (new)

Shalu Gupta | 17 comments Congratulations David. Let me know if you need any help.

https://www.facebook.com/yourcoauthor

This is my page.

message 3: by David (new)

David Flin | 12 comments Many thanks. Authors and manuscripts I'm currently fine on - my production schedule is full until June 2021.

My bottleneck lies in cover artists. Rates of pay are essentially nominal, and I'm preferentially using students at or about to go to University, on the basis that this gives them something for their portfolio - professional work - along with the confidence in being able to do it.

My cash flow at present means that cover artists would be doing it for the experience and the exposure, with the remuneration being a secondary aspect. Much as I would like to pay vast sums to some pretty talented people, well, it's a business and I need to make some money out of this as well.

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Harris | 87 comments https://thebookcoverdesigner.com/desi...

Try this site, they don't charge big bucks and you can get cheap covers from there. I get mine from these and don't pay much for them. They're quality designs. I hope that helps and good luck!

message 5: by David (new)

David Flin | 12 comments Thanks for that. As I say, I'm preferentially using people starting a career, or students, to help them gather a portfolio. I'll certainly bear this in mind as a reserve option for when deadlines are looming.

message 6: by Shalu (new)

Shalu Gupta | 17 comments $70-$130 per cover. Does it fall within your budget?

message 7: by David (new)

David Flin | 12 comments It's just about within budget. As I said above, I'm preferentially using people starting a career, or students, to help them gather a portfolio.

I've made a note of the contact.

message 8: by Shalu (new)

Shalu Gupta | 17 comments :) let's connect. email me at yourcoauthor@gmail.com

message 9: by Tanya (new)

Tanya | 3 comments Congrats on the launch David!
I am a budding proofreader and editor. Please let me know if you would like some help.

Thanks

message 10: by Tanya (new)

Tanya | 3 comments Here's my email: engiepro19@gmail.com

message 11: by David (new)

David Flin | 12 comments The November launch of the next four books has taken place. The four new books available are:

Clouds Unfold (16+): set in 1921, in a world where WWI never quite started, and the world continues to teeter along with various crises. This looks at four young British soldiers, being deployed with their regiment, to one of the potential trouble-spots. This is book 2 of the Building Jerusalem series.

Walkies with Watson (8-12). A dog is a man's best friend. Watson was the best friend of Sherlock Holmes. The logic is inescapable. Watson was a dog.

Secrets of the Citadel (12-16), by Andy Cooke. Book 2 in the Shadowlands Chronicles. When Tom and Freddie discover a link to a world of magic, wizards, vampires, and elves, they and their friends travel their to learn how to control their nascent powers.

Back to Basics (8-12), by Simon Brading. Book 2 in the Twin Ambitions series. Max and Emily continue to struggle to learn ballet dancing.