The Writers discussion

Mod chat

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (thewiltedpetal) | 22 comments Mod
Chat for mods to talk about rules and regulations. Only for mods

message 2: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany I think we should have three folders for people's works: Poetry, Short Stories, and Novel Chapters, and within them individual poems/stories/chapters will have their own topics. What do you think?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, that sounds good. Maybe everyone who wanted one could have their own poetry section in a poetry folder and for each story there could be a section dedicated to it in a stories folder. And in each section for people’s work other people could give feedback. There could also be a folder for stories multiple people are working on.

message 4: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Those are great ideas, Abby.

message 5: by Hayden (new)

That's a good idea, Abby. We could even start a community story that everyone could work on

message 6: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany I like that idea!
So shall we create the folders soon?

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Should I make a poetry folder?

message 8: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Let's wait until Hayden replies.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok

message 10: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany And that "Where you share your work" topic should be deleted. I can do it once Hayden gives me permission.

message 11: by Hayden (new)

You can delete the "where you share your work" topic.
You can create the new topics. I'll make an announcement topic, so we can share the idea.

message 12: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Okay, I delayed the "where you can share your work" topic. To be clear, I will create three folders, one each for poetry, stories, and chapters?

message 13: by Hayden (new)

Yes and people can create their own topics where they put their stories and poems and chapters. Eventually we can do some writing games and stuff

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I made the poetry folder

message 15: by Hayden (new)

Okay thanks! I'm working on my own short story right now, so I haven't really been active today

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I’m confused, how would the stories and chapters folder be different. Wouldn’t the chapters be a part of the stories?

message 17: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany I created the short stories and book chapters folders. However, there's nothing in them yet, so they might not show up.

message 18: by Hayden (new)

Short stories don't have chapters. Full novels do. Short stories are equal to about 3-6 pages. Novellas are 30 pages. Short stories and novellas can be one folder, and chapters can be another

message 19: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany @Abby, because chapters are part of a full length book, not a short story.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay, got it

message 21: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany The chapter folder should show up now because I added my book's first chapter to it. The short story folder is there, but I think only a mod on a browser can see it until something is added to it.

message 22: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany By the way, there's a typo in the group rules. Mind if I fix it?

message 23: by Hayden (new)

Go ahead

message 24: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany I'll fix it tomorrow morning, I'm not able to right now.