ASIANS UNITE discussion

Life > Stereotypes

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by amia (new)

amia (makevocaloidgreatagain) i mean they’re kinda true…

Ashi✿TheAvidReader | 3 comments IDK, the only remotely true stereotype that applies to me is......
I ♡ MATHEMATICS

message 3: by Ash (new)

Ash ~ bookmaniac~ (aakanksha99) | 66 comments I'm bad at maths-_-

message 4: by LyraFirefly (new)

LyraFirefly (bookishmusicalfeminist) I'm good at it, but I hate doing it...

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't like it much too..

message 6: by amia (new)

amia (makevocaloidgreatagain) i’m good at math but i hate it

message 7: by Lily (new)

Lily (geniuswannabe) Haruka wrote: "gasp how could u??? XD lol"

lol ;)

message 8: by Aarja (new)

Aarja (groovythinker) Even I'm good at math, but I love all the subjects the same :P

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I like History and English better though I'm good at all subjects :)

message 10: by Lily (new)

Lily (geniuswannabe) I like History and Maths the most..

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Why are we talking about Maths XD

message 12: by Ayla (new)

Ayla (aylareadsbooks) I guess cause it's a classic stereotype ;)

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

There is one thing and I'm not sure it is a stereotype but..

I'm am not that tall and I have to constantly tell people that me and my little sister aren't twins. They don't even see our features and just compare our height which is totally infruitating. And when they learn that we are like 3 years apart, they tell my parents to get me checked out because I'm a little short for my age. That really really makes me mad.

message 14: by Aarja (new)

Aarja (groovythinker) What?! That's mahogany! Even my mother says that I need to grow faster, even tho I'm just fine! I hate stereotypes...

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I know!
I'm just fine and parents don't bother with all the crap other people say about my height. Once there was this old-fashioned relative who said if I'm not tall no one will marry me. I was confused whether to laugh or be angry XD

Shreya 🦋 | 7 comments Amodini wrote: "There is one thing and I'm not sure it is a stereotype but..

I'm am not that tall and I have to constantly tell people that me and my little sister aren't twins. They don't even see our features a..."

I can totally relate to this; though my sister is 5 years elder than me still people say that we are twins or something. We even don't look alike at all. It's annoying!! And everyone loves asking with a crazy smile "Who is the older one?"

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I think they like playing dumb. I hate the way they ask my mother "Are they two twins?" as if I'm not standing right there.

Shreya 🦋 | 7 comments I know right. They make it look like a game . I just want to punch something or simply melt away that moment.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

You can't also tell them that you know. They'll think you're rude or something when it is them who has done a very well job of offending us.

message 20: by Aarja (new)

Aarja (groovythinker) Well, luckily for me, we don't go on many functions...but stay with our close family. It's nice with them because you can talk about anything and everything XD

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Don't people have other things to do than to ask such questions?
We don't go to many functions but people do ask that. I mean even the person you meet in the lift. I swear XD

message 22: by amia (new)

amia (makevocaloidgreatagain) i’m actually one of the tallest in my family. i’m 5’1…

Shreya 🦋 | 7 comments Sweet ! Some of my cousins (younger that me) are like 5'9" I get kink in my neck just looking at them. It's sad.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm pretty thin and people just keep asking dumb questions like 'Don't you eat anything' or ' Why isn't your mom feeding you'. This just really gets on my nerves.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

People are who they are...
(That's supposed to sound like really wise XD)

message 26: by Aarja (new)

Aarja (groovythinker) Shreya wrote: "I'm pretty thin and people just keep asking dumb questions like 'Don't you eat anything' or ' Why isn't your mom feeding you'. This just really gets on my nerves."

SAME! EXACTLY SAME! Actually, I eat A LOT, but it doesn't effect my size..but still. Why do people even like to snoop?!

message 27: by Aarja (new)

Aarja (groovythinker) Amodini wrote: "People are who they are...
(That's supposed to sound like really wise XD)"

That, is wise XD

message 28: by amia (new)

amia (makevocaloidgreatagain) i’m actually pretty overweight hehe but when i complain to my friends they start saying i’m skinny but my family says i’m fat so idk what i am

message 29: by Ayla (new)

Ayla (aylareadsbooks) Oh my gosh, you know what? When vietnamese people say you're fat, it's actually a compliment. My mom's whole side of the family is Vietnamese, and they always say each other are fat because it means they're eating enough. You probably know all that history with the war and stuff

message 30: by amia (new)

amia (makevocaloidgreatagain) oh but me? i eat 24/7. my family’s always telling me to exercise but i don’t and also i hate healthy food and i’m only 12 and i have stretch marks so yeah. also the doctor says i’m overweight

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm a kilo overweight too but it isn't noticeable. It is just my sister and the doctor who nag me about it :)

message 32: by LyraFirefly (new)

LyraFirefly (bookishmusicalfeminist) Amodini wrote: "There is one thing and I'm not sure it is a stereotype but..

I'm am not that tall and I have to constantly tell people that me and my little sister aren't twins. They don't even see our features a..."

OML this is me and my sister! Except I'm the younger one. I'm actually taller than her, but she's 3 years older and everyone thinks we're twins!

message 33: by LyraFirefly (new)

LyraFirefly (bookishmusicalfeminist) princess wrote: "oh but me? i eat 24/7. my family’s always telling me to exercise but i don’t and also i hate healthy food and i’m only 12 and i have stretch marks so yeah. also the doctor says i’m overweight"

Same! Except I do excercise... I hate doing it, but I think that mostly my stretch marks are because I'm in middle of a growth spurt. I'm 5'4.5, and I'm supposed to be 5'11.

message 34: by LyraFirefly (new)

LyraFirefly (bookishmusicalfeminist) Amodini wrote: "I think they like playing dumb. I hate the way they ask my mother "Are they two twins?" as if I'm not standing right there."

Oh lord, don't even get me started on this...

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

you know what I'm tired of? people assuming all Asians are Chinese, Korean or Japanese. Like, people will automatically ask me if I'm Chinese or Korean when my skin is so much darker than the stereotypical Chinese girl (I said stereotypical, okay?) and my last name is classic Indonesian.
There is more to the continent of Asia than those three countries.

message 36: by amia (new)

amia (makevocaloidgreatagain) I KNOW RIGHT
most people think i’m filipino until they hear my last name though

message 37: by Shannara (new)

Shannara | 2 comments People actually usually think I’m black when they hear my name. Then they’re all weirded out when they find out I’m Asian and I’m all like, oh sorry my parents didn’t give me a typical Asian name to make my race obvious. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤣😂