Self Published Fantasy Month discussion

The Thief Who Pulled on Trouble's Braids (Amra Thetys, #1)
Read-Along – Week 2 (Ch. 9–16) > And So The Sidekick Emerges – Welcome to the game, Holgren Angrado

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Justine (new) - added it

Justine (its_justine) Oh, Holgren, you enigmatic man, you...looks like he's going to be playing a much bigger role than initially expected.

– Do you believe he just has a need to solve the puzzle, or are his intentions directed towards more nefarious purposes?
– We get but a tiny taste of Holgren's power – how powerful do you think he really is?
– He seems to be very knowledgable in, well, everything, but doesn't always disclose full truths. Do you believe he hiding something?
– HOW AND WHY DO YOU KNOW GAVON, HOLGREN?!

message 2: by Peyton (last edited Sep 14, 2020 11:10AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Peyton | 15 comments He definitely has other reasons for being involved. I don’t have a well formed theory, but I’m suspicious...

Yes, I’m guessing he’s way more powerful than he lets on. He just hasn’t had a good reason to show his power (plus it’s to his advantage if people/other mages don’t know how powerful he is).

Oh, yes. He’s a very mysterious character and does seem to hide a lot. He seems to only say what’s “necessary” to complete a task, and doesn’t pay much attention to other details. I’m curious if this is just part of his character or if he really has something to hide. Probably both.

GAVON: I’M NOT SURE BUT IT IS VERY SUSPICIOUS

message 3: by Jason (new) - added it

Jason Aycock | 20 comments Mod
I'm still team Holgren. I like him. Is he secretive and suspicious? Sure. But he's a mage. Isn't that kinda their thing? I'm sure I'll feel betrayed by him in the end or some such but right now he's my buddy and I've got his back. Or I'd rather he have my back because powerful mage and all.