Cozy Mystery Corner discussion

Serial Reader Archives > October '20 Serial Reader Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Nell (last edited Sep 18, 2020 04:40PM) (new)

Nell | 2758 comments Mod
OCTOBER '20 SERIAL READER CHALLENGE

Spirit Animal - Raven
Raven is the season of transmutation (Sept 23 - Oct 22); it presages rebirth or renewal. Raven's lesson is to look within for answers and put in motion the needed change.

https://whatismyspiritanimal.com/nati...

TO PARTICIPATE IN THE OCTOBER CHALLENGE:

♦Pick five series that you want to read.

♦It can be a new or an on-going series.

♦Post the name of the series and the covers of at least two books that you have not read.

♦There must be at least two unread books in the series. No re-reads allowed.

♦You may re-post a series chosen before as long as there are at least two unread books.

♦Post series now through September 20th.

♦Pairs will be posted on September 21st.

♦Select a series for your partner between September 21st and 24th...sooner is better

♦Next month, read two (or more) books from the series selected for you.

New to the challenge? The thread for challenge guidelines and questions is here

Comments on this thread will be limited to members posting series until the 21st. After pairs are selected, the thread is open for discussion.

message 2: by Nell (last edited Sep 26, 2020 02:26AM) (new)

Nell | 2758 comments Mod
Players:

🎃Julie picks for Helen
🎃Jennifer picks for Hilary
🎃Michelle picks for Linda C
🎃Meg picks for Pat
🎃QnPoohBear picks for Linda R
🎃Linda C picks for Karen
🎃Linda R picks for Susan
🎃Hilary picks for Conni
🎃Karen picks for Jennifer
🎃Conni picks for Julie
🎃Helen picks for QnPoohBear
🎃Nell Pat picks for Meg
🎃Susan picks for Michelle

message 3: by Julie (last edited Sep 13, 2020 07:37AM) (new)

Julie | 29 comments Five series to choose from:

“Mum’s the Word” and “Slay It with Flowers“ by Kate Collins
Mum's the Word (A Flower Shop Mystery, #1) by Kate Collins

“Death by Darjeeling” and “Shades of Earl Grey“ by Laura Childs
Death by Darjeeling (A Tea Shop Mystery, #1) by Laura Childs

“Corpse Pose“ and “Dial Om for Murder“ by Diana Killian
Corpse Pose (Mantra for Murder Mystery, #1) by Diana Killian

“Death by Cashmere” and “Patterns in the Sand“ by Sally Goldenbaum
Death By Cashmere (Seaside Knitters, #1) by Sally Goldenbaum

“Too Many Crooks Spoil the Broth“ and “Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Crime“ by Tamara Myers
Too Many Crooks Spoil the Broth (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #1) by Tamar Myers

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jhaltenburger) | 518 comments In for October!

Cajun Country
Mardi Gras Murder (Cajun Country Mystery, #4) by Ellen Byron Fatal Cajun Festival (Cajun Country Mystery #5) by Ellen Byron

Morland
The Abyss (The Morland Dynasty, #18) by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles The Question (Morland Dynasty, #25) by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles The Phoenix (The Morland Dynasty, #35) by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles The Cause (The Morland Dynasty, #23) by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles The Homecoming (The Morland Dynasty, #24) by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles The Outcast (Morland Dynasty, #21) by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles The Mirage (Morland Dynasty, #22) by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles The Poison Tree (Morland Dynasty, #17) by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles The Foreign Field (The Morland Dynasty, #31) by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles The Hidden Shore (The Morland Dynasty, #19) by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles The Fallen Kings (The Morland Dynasty, #32) by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles The Devil's Horse (The Morland Dynasty, #16) by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles The White Road (Morland Dynasty, #28) by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles The Restless Sea (The Morland Dynasty, #27) by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles The Dancing Years (Morland Dynasty, #33) by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles The Dream Kingdom (The Morland Dynasty, #26) by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles The Winter Journey (Morland Dynasty, #20) by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles The Measure of Days (Morland Dynasty, #30) by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles The Burning Roses (The Morland Dynasty, #29) by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles The Winding Road (The Morland Dynasty, #34) by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles

County Cork
Cruel Winter (County Cork #5) by Sheila Connolly Many a Twist (County Cork #6) by Sheila Connolly The Lost Traveller (County Cork, #7) by Sheila Connolly A Turn for the Bad (County Cork, #4) by Sheila Connolly Tied Up with A Bow (County Cork #6.5) by Sheila Connolly

Tourist Trap
Mission to Murder (A Tourist Trap Mystery, #2) by Lynn Cahoon Dressed to Kill (A Tourist Trap Mystery, #4) by Lynn Cahoon Killer Party (A Tourist Trap Mystery, #9) by Lynn Cahoon Murder on Wheels (A Tourist Trap Mystery, #6) by Lynn Cahoon Killer Run (A Tourist Trap Mystery, #5) by Lynn Cahoon Dying to Celebrate (A Tourist Trap Mystery) (Tourist Trap Mysteries #4.25, 5.25, 5.5) by Lynn Cahoon Memories and Murder (Tourist Trap Mysteries #10) by Lynn Cahoon Murder in Waiting (Tourist Trap Mysteries #11) by Lynn Cahoon

Cat Latimer
Slay in Character (Cat Latimer Mystery #4) by Lynn Cahoon Sconed to Death (Cat Latimer Mystery #5) by Lynn Cahoon A Field Guide to Homicide (Cat Latimer Mystery #6) by Lynn Cahoon

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Munger | 225 comments I am in for October...

A Cat Latimer Mystery by Lynn Cahoon
#2 Fatality by Firelight
#3 Of Murder and Men
Fatality by Firelight (Cat Latimer Mystery, #2) by Lynn Cahoon Of Murder and Men (Cat Latimer Mystery #3) by Lynn Cahoon

Mattie Winston Mysteries by Annelise Ryan
#2 Scared Stiff
#3 Frozen Stiff
Scared Stiff (Mattie Winston Mysteries, #2) by Annelise Ryan Frozen Stiff (Mattie Winston Mysteries, #3) by Annelise Ryan

Abby McCree Mystery by Alexis Morgan
#2 Death by Jack-O'-Lantern
#3 Death by Auction
Death by Jack-O'-Lantern by Alexis Morgan Death by Auction by Alexis Morgan

Resale Boutique Mystery by Debra Sennefelder
#1 Murder Wears A Little Black Dress
#2 Silenced in Sequins
Murder Wears a Little Black Dress (Resale Boutique Mystery #1) by Debra Sennefelder Silenced in Sequins (Resale Boutique Mystery #2) by Debra Sennefelder

A Haunted Vintage Mystery by Rose Pressey
#3 Haunt Couture and Ghost Galore
#4 If the Haunting Fits, Wear It
Haunt Couture and Ghosts Galore (A Haunted Vintage Mystery #3) by Rose Pressey If the Haunting Fits, Wear It (Haunted Vintage Mystery #5) by Rose Pressey

message 6: by Meg (last edited Sep 13, 2020 02:34PM) (new)

Meg (makeli2) | 974 comments Books with a nod to vampires, ghosts and Halloween for October!

Mattie Winston
Scared Stiff (Mattie Winston Mysteries, #2) by Annelise Ryan Scared Stiff
Frozen Stiff (Mattie Winston Mysteries Book 3) by Annelise Ryan Frozen Stiff

Vampyres of Hollywood mysteries
Vampires of Hollywood by Adrienne Barbeau Vampyres of Hollywood
Love Bites (Vampyres of Hollywood, #2) by Adrienne Barbeau Love Bites

Merry Ghost Inn
Dead and Breakfast (Merry Ghost Inn, #1) by Kate Kingsbury Dead and Breakfast
Doom With a View (Merry Ghost Inn Mystery) by Kate Kingsbury Doom with a View

Murder in the Mix
Cutie Pies and Deadly Lies (Murder in the Mix, #1) by Addison Moore Cutie Pies and Deadly Lies
Bobbing for Bodies (Murder in the Mix #2) by Addison Moore Bobbing for Bodies

Writer's Retreat
Second Look (Writers Retreat Mystery #2) by Kathi Daley Second Look
Third Strike (Writers Retreat Mystery #3) by Kathi Daley Third Strike

message 7: by QNPoohBear (last edited Sep 13, 2020 03:05PM) (new)

QNPoohBear | 619 comments In for October since the September series are still unread. I switched out one for an ongoing series.

Hannah Swenson
Chocolate Cream Pie Murder (Hannah Swensen #24) by Joanne Fluke
Christmas Cupcake Murder (Hannah Swensen, #26) by Joanne Fluke

Lickety Splits
Hot Fudge Murder (A Lickety Splits Mystery #2) by Cynthia Baxter Last Licks (A Lickety Splits Mystery Book 3) by Cynthia Baxter

Cookies and Chance
Tastes Like Murder (Cookies & Chance Mystery #1) by Catherine Bruns Baked to Death (Cookies & Chance Mystery, #2) by Catherine Bruns

Pet Palace
Stay Calm and Collie On (A Pet Palace Mystery #1) by Lane Stone Support Your Local Pug (A Pet Palace Mystery #2) by Lane Stone

Courtney Archer Mysteries
Cobblered to Death (A Courtney Archer Mystery Book 1) by Rosemarie Ross Finished Off in Fondant (A Courtney Archer Mystery Book 2) by Rosemarie Ross

message 8: by Linda C (new)

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 272 comments I'm in for October

Faith Fairchild Mysteries - Katherine Hall Page
The Body in the Belfry (Faith Fairchild #1) by Katherine Hall Page #1 The Body in the Kelp (Faith Fairchild, #2) by Katherine Hall Page #2

Aunt Dimity Mysteries - Nancy Atherton
Aunt Dimity, Vampire Hunter (Aunt Dimity Mystery, #13) by Nancy Atherton #13 Aunt Dimity Slays the Dragon (Aunt Dimity Mystery, #14) by Nancy Atherton #14

Lily Bard Mysteries - Charlaine Harris
Shakespeare's Christmas (Lily Bard, #3) by Charlaine Harris #3 Shakespeare's Trollop (Lily Bard, #4) by Charlaine Harris #4

A Southern Ladies Mystery - Miranda James
Digging Up the Dirt (Southern Ladies Mystery, #3) by Miranda James #3 Fixing to Die (Southern Ladies Mystery, #4) by Miranda James #4

A Mainely Needlepoint Mystery - Lea Wait
Twisted Threads (Mainely Needlepoint, #1) by Lea Wait #1 Threads of Evidence (Mainely Needlepoint, #2) by Lea Wait #2

message 9: by Linda (new)

Linda (rudylkr) | 450 comments My October picks!

Capital Crimes by Margaret Truman (ongoing)
Murder Inside the Beltway (Capital Crimes, #24) by Margaret Truman Monument to Murder (Capital Crimes, #25) by Donald Bain

Candy Holliday by B.B. Haywood (ongoing)
Town in a Pumpkin Bash (A Candy Holliday Mystery, #4) by B.B. Haywood Town in a Strawberry Swirl (A Candy Holliday Mystery, #5) by B.B. Haywood

Food Lover's Village by Leslie Budewitz (ongoing)
Butter Off Dead (A Food Lovers' Village Mystery, #3) by Leslie Budewitz Treble at the Jam Fest (A Food Lovers' Village Mystery, #4) by Leslie Budewitz

Den of Antiquity by Tamar Myers (ongoing)
Nightmare in Shining Armor (Den of Antiquity, #8) by Tamar Myers Splendor in the Glass (Den of Antiquity, #9) by Tamar Myers

Candlemaking mysteries by Tim Myers (ongoing)
At Wick's End (Candlemaking Mystery #1) by Tim Myers Snuffed Out (Candlemaking Mystery #2) by Tim Myers

Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review) (knyttwytch) | 949 comments In for October again

Vivien Chien's Noodle Shop series
Murder Lo Mein (A Noodle Shop Mystery, #3) by Vivien Chien Wonton Terror (A Noodle Shop Mystery, #4) by Vivien Chien

Danger Cove by various
A Novel Death (Danger Cove #10) by Elizabeth Ashby Robbing Peter to Kill Paul a Danger Cove Quilting Mystery (Danger Cove Mysteries Book 11) by Gin Jones

Mary Feliz's Organisation series
Scheduled to Death (A Maggie McDonald Mystery, #2) by Mary Feliz Dead Storage (A Maggie McDonald Mystery #3) by Mary Feliz

Sarah Fox's Pancake House series
Yeast of Eden (Pancake House Mystery, #4) by Sarah Fox Crêpe Expectations (Pancake House Mystery, #5) by Sarah Fox

Monica Knightly's Stratford upon Avondale series
The Lady Doth Protest A Stratford Upon Avondale Mystery (The Stratford Upon Avondale Mysteries Book 6) by Monica Knightley Much Ado A Stratford Upon Avondale Mystery (The Stratford Upon Avondale Mysteries Book 7) by Monica Knightley

message 11: by Karen (new)

Karen | 139 comments I'm in for October. Here are my picks:
Blood on the Vine (Murder, She Wrote, #15) by Jessica Fletcher Murder in a Minor Key (Murder, She Wrote, #16) by Jessica Fletcher
The Advice Column Murders (Oakwood Mystery #3) by Leslie Nagel The Codebook Murders (Oakwood Mystery #4) by Leslie Nagel
Death by Vanilla Latte (Bookstore Cafe Mystery, #4) by Alex Erickson Death by Eggnog (Bookstore Cafe Mystery, #5) by Alex Erickson
Goodbye Cruller World (Deputy Donut Mystery #2) by Ginger Bolton Jealousy Filled Donuts (Deputy Donut Mystery #3) by Ginger Bolton
Knit One, Die Two (A Knit & Nibble Mystery #3) by Peggy Ehrhart Silent Knit, Deadly Knit (A Knit & Nibble Mystery #4) by Peggy Ehrhart

message 12: by Conni (new)

Conni | 65 comments Nell wrote: "OCTOBER '20 SERIAL READER CHALLENGE

Spirit Animal - Raven
Raven is the season of transmutation (Sept 23 - Oct 22); it presages rebirth or renewal. Raven's lesson is to look within for answers and ..."

I am in again for October. With a few Halloween books I have not read either!
Spooky Business (Jane Garbo Mysteries Book 1) by Addison Creek 1st Jane Garbo Mystery
Spooky Spells (Jane Garbo Mysteries Book 2) by Addison Creek 2nd Jane Garbo Mystery
2nd series is
Forever Charmed (Halloween Laveau, #1) by Rose Pressey 1st Halloween LaVeau Mystery
Charmed Again (Halloween LaVeau, #2) by Rose Pressey 2nd Halloween Laveau Mystery
3rd series is
Candy Coated Murder (Pumpkin Hollow Mystery, #1) by Kate Bell 1st Pumpkin Hollow Mystery
Murderously Sweet A Pumpkin Hollow Mystery, Book 2 by Kate Bell 2nd Pumpkin Hollow Mystery
4th series is
Hooked on Murder (Crochet Mystery, #1) by Betty Hechtman 1st Crochet Mystery
Dead Men Don't Crochet (Crochet Mystery, #2) by Betty Hechtman 2nd Crochet Mystery
5th series
Halloween Hijinks (Zoe Donovan Mystery #1) by Kathi Daley 1st Zoe Donavon mystery
The Trouble with Turkeys (Zoe Donovan Mystery #2) by Kathi Daley 2nd Zoe Donavon Mystery

message 13: by Helen (new)

Helen (helennn) | 619 comments I’m going back to old friends for October, all series I’ve enjoyed and would like to get back to.

Monica Ferris Needlecraft Mysteries

Sins and Needles (A Needlecraft Mystery, #10) by Monica Ferris Knitting Bones (A Needlecraft Mystery, #11) by Monica Ferris

Mary Daheim B & B mysteries.

Clam Wake (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #29) by Mary Daheim Here Comes the Bribe (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #30) by Mary Daheim

Edie Claire Leigh Koslow

Never Mess with Mistletoe (Leigh Koslow Mystery #10) by Edie Claire Never Murder a Birder (Leigh Koslow Mystery #11) by Edie Claire

Veronica Black Sister Joan

A Vow of Obedience (Sister Joan Mystery, #4) by Veronica Black A Vow of Penance (Sister Joan Mystery, #5) by Veronica Black

Kerry Greenwood Miss Fisher

Urn Burial (Phryne Fisher, #8) by Kerry Greenwood Murder in Montparnasse (Phryne Fisher, #12) by Kerry Greenwood

message 14: by Pat (last edited Sep 19, 2020 09:14AM) (new)

Pat Cray-Hollis | 157 comments I am in for October.

Karen White (The Tradd Street series) New author
The House on Tradd Street #1
The Girl on Legare Street #2

Krista Davis (The Domestic Diva Series)
The Diva Steals a Chocolate#9
The Diva Serves High Tea#10

Amanda Flower (Magical Bookshop Series)
Murders and Metaphors #3
Verse and Vengeance #4

Rhys Bowen(Royal Spyness Series)
Crowned and Dangerous #10
On Her Majesty Frightfully Secret Service#11

Molly Murphy (Molly Murphy Mysteries)
Hush Now Don't You Cry #10
Bless the Bride #11

message 15: by Susan (last edited Sep 20, 2020 11:48AM) (new)

Susan | 165 comments Missed the last couple of Months. Ready for a comfortable sweater and old book friends.
Louise Penny
A Great Reckoning (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #12) by Louise Penny Glass Houses (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #13) by Louise Penny
C.S.Harris
Where Shadows Dance (Sebastian St. Cyr, #6) by C.S. Harris When Maidens Mourn (Sebastian St. Cyr, #7) by C.S. Harris
Linda Castellio
Among the Wicked (Kate Burkholder #8) by Linda Castillo Down a Dark Road (Kate Burkholder, #9) by Linda Castillo
Elly Griffiths
The Ghost Fields (Ruth Galloway, #7) by Elly Griffiths The Woman in Blue (Ruth Galloway, #8) by Elly Griffiths
Alan Bradley
The Grave's a Fine and Private Place (Flavia de Luce, #9) by Alan Bradley The Golden Tresses of the Dead (Flavia de Luce, #10) by Alan Bradley

message 16: by Nell (last edited Sep 21, 2020 03:22AM) (new)

Nell | 2758 comments Mod
Welcome and welcome back to the challenge. Pairs are posted here. Please pick a series for your partner.

message 17: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jhaltenburger) | 518 comments Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review) wrote: "In for October again

Vivien Chien's Noodle Shop series
Murder Lo Mein (A Noodle Shop Mystery, #3) by Vivien ChienWonton Terror (A Noodle Shop Mystery, #4) by Vivien Chien

Danger Cove by various
A Novel Death (Danger Cove #10) by Elizabeth Ashby[bookcover:Ro..."

Hilary, I'm choosing Noodle Shop for you -- I'm about to start reading them as well. Hope you enjoy.

message 18: by Linda (new)

Linda (rudylkr) | 450 comments Susan wrote: "Missed the last couple of Months. Ready for a comfortable sweater and old book friends.
Louise Penny
A Great Reckoning (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #12) by Louise PennyGlass Houses (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #13) by Louise Penny
C.S.Harris
[bookcover:Wh..."

Hi Susan,

I'm going with the Elly Griffiths books for you. They seem like a creepy, fall read. Happy reading!

message 19: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Munger | 225 comments Linda C. I have picked A Southern Ladies Mystery. I love that series and those two books I need to finish myself. Happy October Reading!

message 20: by Helen (new)

Helen (helennn) | 619 comments QNPoohBear wrote: "In for October since the September series are still unread. I switched out one for an ongoing series.

Hannah Swenson
Chocolate Cream Pie Murder (Hannah Swensen #24) by Joanne Fluke
[bookcover:Christmas Cupcake Mu..."

Hi QnPoohBear,
I’m picking the Hannah Swenson books for you, as they are the only one of your picks I’m familiar with.

message 21: by Karen (new)

Karen | 139 comments HI Jennifer,
I pick the Tourist Trap Series for you. Happy Reading.
Karen

Jennifer wrote: "In for October!

Cajun Country
Mardi Gras Murder (Cajun Country Mystery, #4) by Ellen Byron Fatal Cajun Festival (Cajun Country Mystery #5) by Ellen Byron

Morland
The Abyss (The Morland Dynasty, #18) by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles [bookcover:The Quest..."

message 22: by Meg (last edited Sep 22, 2020 09:58AM) (new)

Meg (makeli2) | 974 comments Hi, Pat! It was hard to choose between a couple of my favorites. I've decided on Her Royal Spyness for you to read. Just love this series!

message 23: by Linda C (new)

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 272 comments Karen,

I think I will pick for you The Advice Column Murders. I haven't read any of your series and this looks different. Have fun!

message 24: by QNPoohBear (last edited Sep 22, 2020 12:18PM) (new)

QNPoohBear | 619 comments Linda wrote: "My October picks!

Murder Inside the Beltway (Capital Crimes, #24) by Margaret TrumanMonument to Murder (Capital Crimes, #25) by Donald Bain

Candy Holliday"

It was a tough choice. I'm unfamiliar with all of those series. I chose Candy Holliday series because it looks cute and Town in a Pumpkin Bash (A Candy Holliday Mystery, #4) by B.B. Haywood sounds perfect for October.

message 25: by QNPoohBear (new)

QNPoohBear | 619 comments Helen wrote: "Hi QnPoohBear,
I’m picking the Hannah Swenson books for you, as they are the only one of your picks I’m familiar with..."

Thank you. I love the recipes. I hope I can get them both for October. I'm pretty sure I can. I'm annoyed at the cliffhanger ending and eager to see where that goes.

message 26: by Linda (new)

Linda (rudylkr) | 450 comments QNPoohBear wrote: "Linda wrote: "My October picks!

Murder Inside the Beltway (Capital Crimes, #24) by Margaret TrumanMonument to Murder (Capital Crimes, #25) by Donald Bain

Candy Holliday"

It ..."

Thank you! This series got included this month since it had one of the books I wanted to read for Halloween.

message 27: by Susan (new)

Susan | 165 comments Linda wrote: "Susan wrote: "Missed the last couple of Months. Ready for a comfortable sweater and old book friends.
Louise Penny
A Great Reckoning (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #12) by Louise PennyGlass Houses (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #13) by Louise Penny
C.S.Harris..."

Excellent choice. This always an spooky tone to her stories. Thank you

message 28: by Susan (new)

Susan | 165 comments Michelle wrote: "I am in for October...

A Cat Latimer Mystery by Lynn Cahoon
#2 Fatality by Firelight
#3 Of Murder and Men
Fatality by Firelight (Cat Latimer Mystery, #2) by Lynn CahoonOf Murder and Men (Cat Latimer Mystery #3) by Lynn Cahoon

Mattie W..."

Lots of interesting titles here. I think I will choose Abby McCree mysteries. Enjoy

Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review) (knyttwytch) | 949 comments Connie I am picking the crochet mysteries for you - happy reading!

Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review) (knyttwytch) | 949 comments Thank you Jennifer!

message 31: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Munger | 225 comments Thank you Susan!

message 32: by Julie (new)

Julie | 29 comments Hi Helen,

I pick for you the Monica Ferris - Needlecraft Mysteries. Enjoy!

message 33: by Conni (last edited Sep 22, 2020 10:08PM) (new)

Conni | 65 comments Ok for Julie in October I pick:
Death By Cashmere (Seaside Knitters, #1) by Sally Goldenbaum “Death by Cashmere” and Patterns in the Sand (Seaside Knitters, #2) by Sally Goldenbaum “Patterns in the Sand“ by Sally Goldenbau
In the books She buys a Yarn store! I love yarn I like to crochet and knit a little even Hope you enjoy the books!

message 34: by Helen (new)

Helen (helennn) | 619 comments Julie wrote: "Hi Helen,

I pick for you the Monica Ferris - Needlecraft Mysteries. Enjoy!"

Thank you. I’m looking forward to reading more of the series.

message 35: by Meg (new)

Meg (makeli2) | 974 comments Nell wrote: "Welcome and welcome back to the challenge. Pairs are posted here. Please pick a series for your partner."

Hello, Nell: Have you heard from Pat? I'm excited to find out what series I'll be reading. Thanks!

message 36: by Nell (last edited Sep 26, 2020 02:25AM) (new)

Nell | 2758 comments Mod
Meg - I pick the Merry Ghost Inn series for you. It sounds like a fun read for Halloween season.

message 37: by Meg (new)

Meg (makeli2) | 974 comments Nell wrote: "Meg - I pick the Merry Ghost Inn series for you. It sounds like a fun read for Halloween season."

Oh, thank you, Nell! I was willing to wait for Pat as long as it was before the 1st, but I appreciate your coming in!

message 38: by Pat (new)

Pat Cray-Hollis | 157 comments Meg wrote: "Hi, Pat! It was hard to choose between a couple of my favorites. I've decided on Her Royal Spyness for you to read. Just love this series!"

Thanks Meg! I love that series.
Sorry I missed the challenge. I had a death in my family. I am finally catching up on my emails and correspondence.

message 39: by Meg (new)

Meg (makeli2) | 974 comments Pat wrote: "Meg wrote: "Hi, Pat! It was hard to choose between a couple of my favorites. I've decided on Her Royal Spyness for you to read. Just love this series!"

Thanks Meg! I love that series.
Sorry I mis..."

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss! That's always so difficult. No worries, Nell got me taken care of.

message 40: by Conni (new)

Conni | 65 comments I am reading Hooked on Murder. The 1st book of the Crochet mystery series. So far so good!

message 41: by Pat (new)

Pat Cray-Hollis | 157 comments I have finished Crown and Dangerous by Rhys Bowen. Starting the next book in the series.

message 42: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Munger | 225 comments Just finished first book Death by Jack-O’-Lantern by Alexis Morgan. Could not put down, highly recommend this series. Now on to the next book!

message 43: by Pat (new)

Pat Cray-Hollis | 157 comments finished the next book in the Royal Spyness series. Excellent series.

message 44: by QNPoohBear (new)

QNPoohBear | 619 comments Pat wrote: "finished the next book in the Royal Spyness series. Excellent series."

I like that series too. It's so much fun! I'm reading my first book now
Coconut Layer Cake Murder

message 45: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Munger | 225 comments I just finished the second book in my October serial reading Death By Auction by Alexis Morgan An Abby McCree Mystery. I love this series and really enjoyed this book 3 of the series. I see book 4 comes out in January so I’ve already made a note to purchase that one. Great characters and storyline and a relationship brewing between main character and her tenant keeps me wanting to read more!

message 46: by Pat (new)

Pat Cray-Hollis | 157 comments Michelle wrote: "I just finished the second book in my October serial reading Death By Auction by Alexis Morgan An Abby McCree Mystery. I love this series and really enjoyed this book 3 of the series. I see book 4 ..."

I just ordered the first 3 books in this series from thriftbooks. I have read other books by Alexis Morgan but were not mystery. She is excellant author.

message 47: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jhaltenburger) | 518 comments I have read three of my series for October: Killer Party (A Tourist Trap Mystery, #9) by Lynn Cahoon Murder in Waiting (Tourist Trap Mysteries #11) by Lynn Cahoon Memories and Murder (Tourist Trap Mysteries #10) by Lynn Cahoon . Glad to get back to this series!

message 48: by Linda (new)

Linda (rudylkr) | 450 comments Finished up early this month! I had fun reading Town in a Pumpkin Bash and Town in a Strawberry Swirl. While these are stand alone's there is a continuing story arc so it was more fun actually remembering what had happened in the previous book than I normally do when I have more time between books.

message 49: by Conni (new)

Conni | 65 comments I finished my 2 crochet murder books. I am liking this series. She is just learning to crochet and I didn't know who the killer was till the end. So that part is good! I think I will read a Halloween book and see what else I have now!

message 50: by QNPoohBear (new)

QNPoohBear | 619 comments I'm still waiting for my second book. It's on hold and I hope it comes in before the end of the month to complete the challenge.

« previous 1