Fantasy Book Club Series discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Group Info > Nominations are Open for Series to Start November 1, 2020

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathi, There’s no such thing as too many books! (last edited Sep 21, 2020 07:27AM) (new)

Kathi | 874 comments Mod
Our current series discussion will finish at the end of October, so I am opening nominations for a series to begin November 1, 2020.

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Rules for nominating a series:
1. The series must be complete (as far as we can reasonably tell).
2. The series must be fantasy (I know, seems obvious).
3. The series should not be targeted mainly for middle school or a YA audience.
4. The series must not be one the group has already read. Look through the website or the group bookshelf to see if we’ve read it before.
5. Each member may nominate one series. Please tell us the name of the series, the author, and the first book in the series. If you want to add more information, please feel free.
6. Each member may second one other nomination in addition to making their own nomination.
7. In order to move into the polling, a nomination must be seconded.
8. Nominations will be open through September 20. We will then have a poll. If the results are close, we may have a run-off poll between or among the top vote-getters.

Nominations are open! Let’s go!
Thanks,
Kathi, for the mods

Nominated and seconded:
The Red Queen’s War series (3 books) by Mark Lawrence, starting with Prince of Fools
The Blackthorn and Grim series (3 books) by Juliet Marillier, starting with Dreamer's Pool
The Riddle-Master trilogy (3 books) by Patricia A. McKillip, starting with The Riddle-Master of Hed
The Collegia Magica series (3 books) by Carol Berg, starting with The Spirit Lens
The Kate Daniels series (10 books) by Ilona Andrews, starting with Magic Bites
The Draconis Memoria series (3 books) by Anthony Ryan, starting with The Waking Fire

Nominated but not yet seconded:
The Darwath series (5 books) by Barbara Hambly, starting with The Time of the Dark

Nominated but disqualified :

message 2: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten | 7 comments Ilona andrews - Kate daniels series

message 4: by Maggie, The Malazan Queen of Chaos (new)

Maggie K | 1202 comments Mod
How about the Blackthorn and Grimm trilogy, starting with ...Dreamer's Pool by Juliet Marillier. Many of us loved her Sevenwaters series

message 5: by BooksTraveler (new)

BooksTraveler | 5 comments The Red Queen's War by Mark Lawrence

message 6: by Chris (new)

Chris  (haughtc) | 111 comments Menestrel wrote: "The Red Queen's War by Mark Lawrence"

I'll second this

message 7: by Janine (new)

Janine (jplvhp) | 1 comments I'll second The Blackthorn and Grim Series by Juliet Marillier

message 8: by Kathi, There’s no such thing as too many books! (last edited Sep 18, 2020 07:12AM) (new)

Kathi | 874 comments Mod
I will second the Riddle-Master trilogy and will nominate the Collegia Magica series by Carol Berg, a 3 book series that starts with The Spirit Lens. We have had great discussions about some of Berg’s other series, and I’d like to try this trilogy.

message 9: by Kathi, There’s no such thing as too many books! (new)

Kathi | 874 comments Mod
Only 2 more days to make nominations and seconds!

message 10: by Katy (new)

Katy (kathy_h) | 144 comments Kathi wrote: "... will nominate the Collegia Magica series by Carol Berg, a 3 book series that starts with The Spirit Lens. ..."

I have these books at home. I will second.

message 11: by Lacey (new)

Lacey | 2 comments Draconis Memoria trilogy by Anthony Ryan

message 12: by Kerry (new)

Kerry (rocalisa) | 50 comments I'll second Kate Daniels.

And I'd like to nominate Barbara Hambly's Darwath series, starting with The Time of the Dark.

It started as a trilogy, then she added two more books that continue the story in standalone adventures. I'd like to nominate all five.

message 13: by Martha (new)

Martha (tilla) | 7 comments I'll second the Carol Berg series since I have these at home

message 14: by Jenny Baker (new)

Jenny Baker (jennyrbaker) I'll second Anthony Ryan's Draconis Memoria trilogy.

message 15: by Kathi, There’s no such thing as too many books! (new)

Kathi | 874 comments Mod
Kerry wrote: “And I'd like to nominate Barbara Hambly's Darwath series, starting with The Time of the Dark.

It started as a trilogy, then she added two more books that c..."

Unfortunately, this nomination did not receive a second in time, so please consider nominating it next time around. (I would have seconded it but I already used mine for a different nomination.)

message 16: by Kathi, There’s no such thing as too many books! (new)

Kathi | 874 comments Mod
The preliminary round of polling is open and will remain open through September 25. Top 2 will go to the final poll.

Please vote!!
Preliminary Poll/a>

message 17: by Kathi, There’s no such thing as too many books! (new)

Kathi | 874 comments Mod
Final poll for our next series is open and will remain open through the end of this month (September).

Please vote!
Link to Final Poll

Thanks!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.