YA Any Day discussion

Unpopular Opinions > Worst ships?

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sofia (new)

Sofia (sofloaf) | 430 comments Mod
Any ships you just can't love? Feel free to rant here.

Mine are...

Harry/Ginny
Nina/Matthias
Alina/Darkling
Alina/Mal
Miryem/Staryk
Chaol/Yrene
Dorian/Manon

*ducks rotten eggs*

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Mare/Cal, Mare/Maven, Juliette/Warner. They're such hot messes, the only people they should be with are their therapists. Though obviously, not in that way...

message 3: by Sofia (new)

THAT'S PERFECT

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha, yeah, they're so codependent. Why don't you like Harry/Ginny? I don't feel much about them one way or the other, but I was wondering. I don't really know any of the others you listed, unless Dorian is that fairly attractive guy from Sarah J. Maas? I haven't read the Throne Series yet, just the first book in the Court series. Is it worth reading, do you think?

message 5: by Sofia (new)

Yeah, Dorian is from Throne of Glass. His relationship with Manon is based on attraction, which I don't like. But Throne of Glass is definitely worth reading! I would suggest starting with the prequel if you want to read it. It gives you more of an introduction before you're thrust into the world. And it's much more emotionally impactful than the first book.
I didn't like Harry/Ginny because I didn't really ship them with anyone. I loved Ginny on her own. Ron/Hermione, however? *swoons*

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, they were cute...I liked the edgy scenes between Hermione and Draco, though not sure I'd want them a couple, that would be like Clary and Jace, which ew. Going into HP though, I was much more into the Marauder Era people - I blame YouTube videos for this - which means I didn't really get attached to them, even though I tried. I kept waiting for JK to give Marauder flashbacks or some sort little prequel but that never happened. ☹️ Do you have any Marauder favorites?

message 7: by Sofia (new)

I'm not a big fan of Dramione, but I can see where some people are coming from :-)

My favorite Marauder is Sirius, even though I really didn't care for him in the actual books.

message 8: by Sofia (new)

Update: I took a "who would you date" quiz for HP and I got...

Draco Malfoy

*pukes* *faints* *dies*

message 9: by Sofia (new)

Sofia wrote: "Update: I took a "who would you date" quiz for HP and I got...

Draco Malfoy

*pukes* *faints* *dies*"

I'M A HUFFLEPUFF -
WHY -

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh wow. Yeah, I'd feel like that if I got any of them...being over twenty and lusting over 15 year olds would be weird, unless I'd read them earlier. I kind of wanted to get the adults, if anyone. I usually take the who are you quizzes. I get Hermione, mostly. For the dating quizzes, I usually do the Marauder ones and am always stuck between Sirius and James, though what I really want is Regulus. ☹️ Do you have the link to that quiz? ;)

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh I'm usually Gryffindor or Ravenclaw. Did you take the Pottermore or the general ones?

message 12: by Sofia (new)

Regulus is cool! Here's the link: https://www.magiquiz.com/quiz/which-m...

I usually get Hermione, too. Either her or Ginny, but I'm more of a Hermione. Despite my Hufflepuff status, I had the hardest time picking between Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff. I decided on Ravenpuff.

Taking a Marauders quiz right now... heh heh

message 13: by Sofia (new)

Petite Draig wrote: "Oh I'm usually Gryffindor or Ravenclaw. Did you take the Pottermore or the general ones?"

The general ones. I didn't want to get a Pottermore account.

Also, I got Lupin, which is accurate. Here's the quiz... https://www.playbuzz.com/hilary11/whi...

message 14: by Sofia (new)

Adela wrote: "Dorian/Manon
Juliette/Adam
Dorian/Celaena
Nina/Matthias
Edward/Bella
Jacob/Renesmee
Jace/Clary
Tris/Tobias"

I totally agree with all of those. Dorian paired with any of the ToG characters is just... not right to me for some reason.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh My God I'm dating Harry Potter! I am not all that happy with that, want to switch? At least if I got Draco I could drag him by his hair into the woods screaming instead of being kidnapped by Voldemort because I'm dating the wrong person. but oh well..

what Marauder quiz are you taking and can I have a go via link?

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

oh you already sent it nevermind haha

message 17: by Sofia (new)

Petite Draig wrote: "Oh My God I'm dating Harry Potter! I am not all that happy with that, want to switch? At least if I got Draco I could drag him by his hair into the woods screaming instead of being kidnapped by Vol..."

OMG😂😂

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I'd be a bad girlfriend I think..I got Sirius, which I feel matches with the bad girlfriend thing haha

I got a Marauder dating quiz, if you dare ;)

https://www.playbuzz.com/ziegnu10/whi...

message 19: by Sofia (new)

Oh, I dare all right.

My results are...

Lupin. Again. Wait... so if I AM Lupin, and I'm dating Lupin too...

You know what? I'm just going to ignore that fact and obsess over the fact that I got Remus

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

You're dating yourself..that's something we all should be able to do, it's very practical haha. Reading can be date night. :) I got James. I'm Sirius. That's not entirely far-fetched...

message 21: by Sofia (new)

😂I kind of shipped Sirius and James anyway.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I'll invite you to third wheel our dates then. ;)

message 23: by Sofia (new)

omgggg

message 24: by shea (new)

shea Sophitz blehgggggghg

daughterofathenacarli | 13 comments Perachel and Pernico are by far the worst ships ever.

message 26: by Sofia (new)

Perachel is HORRIBLE I agree

message 27: by Anushka (new)

Anushka (thefeministbooklover) | 81 comments Mod
Harry and Ginny, Tris and Tobias, Edward and Bella, Jacob and Renesmee, Ron and Hermione ( I know, I know you think they're great, I just don't like them together), Gale and Katniss

message 28: by Sofia (new)

Tris and Tobias can rot in a hole.

message 29: by Anushka (new)

Sofia wrote: "Tris and Tobias can rot in a hole."

Yes, their romance is so trashy and out of nowhere. And Tobias started dating Tris's BEST FRIEND after her death. That's not how you move on.

message 30: by Sofia (new)

Anushka wrote: "Sofia wrote: "Tris and Tobias can rot in a hole."

Yes, their romance is so trashy and out of nowhere. And Tobias started dating Tris's BEST FRIEND after her death. That's not how you move on."

I KNOW
EXACTLY
And they fought SO much in Allergies and Insurance. Then they would make out and "it's all better now." But no. That's called a toxic relationship.

message 31: by Anushka (new)

Sofia wrote: "Anushka wrote: "Sofia wrote: "Tris and Tobias can rot in a hole."

Yes, their romance is so trashy and out of nowhere. And Tobias started dating Tris's BEST FRIEND after her death. That's not how y..."

YESS! Idk why, but toxic relationship somehow always reminds me of Bella-Edward lol

message 32: by Sofia (new)

YES EXACTLY

message 33: by Brooke (new)

Brooke W (thereadersgame) | 23 comments Alina/Darkling = age gap

WeasleyNewtValdezDiAngelo (highlady) | 4 comments Romione.
Hinny.
Jasper.
Feylin (Obviously)
Nessian.
And a lot more, but I don't want to spoil my day thinking about them.
*fakes a smile*