AlexandriaLibraryVA discussion

General > Friday Reads: What are you reading?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (judydark) | 64 comments Mod
It's Friday again - ready for a weekend of books?
I just got my hands on The Exiles by Christina Baker Kline which is historical fiction set in Australia - just my cup of tea. I'm currently listening to a Prairie Lotus by Linda Sue Park, which takes place on the American frontier of the 1880's - similar to Little House on the Prairie but featuring a half-Asian protagonist.
Have a happy, safe weekend and let me know what you're reading lately.

message 2: by Mary-jane (new)

Mary-jane Roth | 26 comments I just finished The Henna Artist. And have started My Name Is Red. That book fits in nicely with the audioThe Ottoman Empire offering from Audible that I am listening to while I take my daily walk.

message 3: by Dena (new)

Dena | 6 comments Finished Mudlark - In Search of London's Past Along the River Thames by Lara Maiklem. Started A Gentleman in Moscow, by Amor Towles. Both are great escapes from the horrors of daily news.

message 4: by Lane (new)

Lane Stone | 9 comments Still working The Plague, by Camus, and yeah, it's scary.

message 5: by Athena (new)

Athena (athenaw) | 21 comments Friends and Strangers by J. Courtney Sullivan and re-reading Housekeeping by Marilynne Robinson for Barrett’s Let’s Talk Books on Monday!

message 6: by Athena (new)

Athena (athenaw) | 21 comments I plan to tackle The Plague too.

message 7: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (andreac7) | 5 comments Mod
Reading The Vanishing Half and listening to A Burning!