What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. YA Fantasy Trilogy Female Protag Adventuring to save kingdom?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Running | 2 comments I remember reading the book series in about 2008, and the series was older before then (so might be a 90's/00's series). Probably 300-400 pages. I think there was an index with chapter numbers and names.

The title had Tower of/Circle/Wolf in it. The main character's name was close to Clarissa -I remember it was an odd name

In the 2nd or 3rd book she was walking with the love interest and a guide to a large temple/sacred space. She had been travelling with a group of the love interest's people for months and had gotten used to walking, but when they ascended the stairs (that lasted forever for her), she was panting and gasping for breath. I think she may have been almost pulling herself up onto the final landing it was so steep. The other two were unbothered by the climb.

Spoilers!

At one point she's going to marry the love interest but he starts to become cold - physically and emotionally. He's cold to the touch both on the chest and his hands. He was replaced with a robot(? Or something like that. Non-human).
He isn't wearing their wedding/promise ring anymore (?). The real love interest comes in and still has the item with him, and that's how she knows he's real. He's also warm to her.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33315 comments Mod
Kathleen, just to confirm, is The Claidi Journals by Tanith Lee (which I see in the header) your book? (Sometimes people select an incorrect folder, so we ask for a comment/post of an update.)

message 3: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Running | 2 comments Sorry about that! Yes, that's correct.
I found it while scrolling through the Female Protagonist list here.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33315 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Kathleen. Thanks for the update.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Claidi Journals (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Tanith Lee (other topics)