Beta Reader Group discussion

Critique Partners and Swaps > CP or Beta Swap/LGBT YA/Complete at 72,000 words

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ana (new)

Ana | 6 comments In need of CPs and betas for a 72,000 word YA novel about a Black, lesbian youth taking on her last year of middle school. The draft is in need of broad critiques at this stage: character, plot, and sensitivity.

Happy to return the favor!

Blurb:

13-year-old Ashley is lucky enough to know exactly what she wants to do with her future: use art to bring fantastical stories to life.

She sees the perfect opportunity in a contest that could grant her admission into a private school's animation program. She teams up with her classmate Tia and together they strive to create an eye-catching project. But between Ashley's tanking grades, being blamed for a theft, and fighting her growing crush on Tia, it'll be a miracle if she can beat the deadline.

message 2: by Author56 (new)

Author56 | 98 comments I would be willing to read it. I am a young lesbian, so I could provide feedback on those elements. I am also looking for feedback for my novel. It's YA fantasy of around the same length (74K). Here's the description:
Detori hates the idea of marriage. She decides to do the only other option; become a priest. Even better, being a priest would mean moving to a monastery, a place where she could hide her identity as a refugee and avoid the hatred she's grown up with.
Leona would do anything to keep her friendship with Detori. Including going to the monastery with her.
But at the monastery, xenophobic priests there are plotting to destroy all of Detori's people. Including Detori. Leona receives information about their plan, and has to save her friend before it's too late.
Email me at lilliancm@gmail.com if you're interested.