YA Romance!!! discussion

August Buddy Read DISCUSSIONS > Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe (Aimee, Amelie and Lemon Girl)

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amelie (new)

Amelie We can discuss here! When would you guys like to start?

message 2: by Aimee (new)

Aimee (demigod712) | 33 comments I have a few assignments and a project due tomorrow and Wednesday, but any day after Wednesday is ok!

message 3: by amia (new)

amia (makevocaloidgreatagain) thursday?

message 4: by Aimee (new)

Aimee (demigod712) | 33 comments darling, i love you, i love you, i love you wrote: "thursday?"

Sure!

message 5: by Amelie (new)

Amelie Thursday works for me too! :)

message 6: by Amelie (new)

Amelie Should we read roughly 10 chapters a day? I think there’s around 100 chapters in the book.

message 7: by Aimee (new)

Aimee (demigod712) | 33 comments Amelie wrote: "Should we read roughly 10 chapters a day? I think there’s around 100 chapters in the book."

Sounds good, but I was supposed to check it out from my library today, and the person who has it checked out hasn't turned it in yet even though it was due today for them :/
I'm trying to find a pdf or audiobook though :)

message 8: by Amelie (new)

Amelie There‘s a lot of sites you can use to read it for free online. I downloaded a PDF copy of the book from the site: PDF Duck.

message 9: by amia (new)

amia (makevocaloidgreatagain) i used an online library

message 10: by Amelie (new)

Amelie I’m probably going to start the book later today if that’s okay! :)

message 11: by amia (new)

amia (makevocaloidgreatagain) ok, i’ll probably wait til thursday because i’m doing a bunch of other buddy reads right now, and so aimee doesn’t feel left out

message 12: by Amelie (new)

Amelie It is Thursday morning in my timezone now 😂

message 13: by amia (new)

amia (makevocaloidgreatagain) oh ok, it’s still wednesday for me

message 14: by Aimee (new)

Aimee (demigod712) | 33 comments Amelie wrote: "There‘s a lot of sites you can use to read it for free online. I downloaded a PDF copy of the book from the site: PDF Duck."

Thx, I found it and already downloaded it :)

message 15: by Aimee (new)

Aimee (demigod712) | 33 comments darling, i love you, i love you, i love you wrote: "ok, i’ll probably wait til thursday because i’m doing a bunch of other buddy reads right now, and so aimee doesn’t feel left out"

Same

message 16: by Amelie (new)

Amelie Lol, my timezone is far ahead of both of yours.

message 17: by Amelie (new)

Amelie I’ve read the first 10 chapters and here’s my thoughts so far:

I’m liking the relationship between Ari and Dante, and I’m curious to see how it will develop throughout the book. It was really sweet of Dante to teach Ari how to swim.

Ari’s my favourite character so far, and I feel like I can relate to Ari’s boredom and misery in some ways, since we all have moments in our life where we question ourselves and everything else.

I’m curious to learn more about Ari’s family situation, and I’m hoping Ari will grow closer to his father as well. What do you guys think of the book so far?

message 18: by Aimee (new)

Aimee (demigod712) | 33 comments I was able to get through the first 10 chapters last night, and like you, I like their relationship so far. I can also relate to Ari, but only because I'm awkward and much closer to my mom than my dad. I also tend to question myself a lot, but only when I'm taking a test and thinking that I'm answering everything incorrectly (even though I was confident right before taking it). Overall, I like the book so far.

message 19: by Amelie (new)

Amelie I am also liking the book so far, and I can definitely relate to Ari in some ways as well in terms of awkwardness and questioning myself often. I’ve read the first 30 chapters now and I’m up to chapter 7 of The End of Summer. Where are you guys up to in the book?

message 20: by Amelie (new)

Amelie (view spoiler)

message 21: by Amelie (new)

Amelie I feel like Dante is going to confess he has feelings for Ari at some point, but I feel like Ari may not be ready to be romantically involved with him, as he doesn’t really open up much towards other people. What do you think? I’m hoping Ari will be able to learn more about his brother, and why he even ended up in prison since everybody is just avoiding talking about it.

message 22: by amia (new)

amia (makevocaloidgreatagain) i only got through one chapter ehene 😐😐😐

message 23: by amia (new)

amia (makevocaloidgreatagain) *ehehe

message 24: by Aimee (new)

Aimee (demigod712) | 33 comments I think I'm on chapter 12... I've had a lot of school work lately, but by Friday I should have less

message 25: by Amelie (new)

Amelie Well I’m still on chapter 30, so I can hold back reading for a few days so you guys can catch up.

message 26: by Amelie (new)

Amelie So, I’ve finished reading Section 4 of the book: Letters on a Page, and I’m up to reading Remember the Rain. Where are you guys up to?

(view spoiler)

message 27: by Amelie (new)

Amelie I’ve finished the book now, and I really enjoyed it! It was a great story about discovering yourself and not letting your fears get in the way of things, and I liked the way the themes of identity, friendship, family relationships, and sexuality were addressed. I also loved how I could easily relate to the characters on a deeper level. I hope you guys will enjoy the book too, and maybe we can discuss more when you both finish the book as well! :)

message 28: by amia (new)

amia (makevocaloidgreatagain) i keep replaying the scene where (view spoiler) but instead of ari and dante it’s me saving my crush send help

message 29: by Amelie (new)

Amelie princess wrote: "i keep replaying the scene where [spoilers removed] but instead of ari and dante it’s me saving my crush send help"

Lol, don’t we all wish we could do something as heroic as that for a loved one. :)

message 30: by Aimee (new)

Aimee (demigod712) | 33 comments Amelie wrote: "I’ve finished the book now, and I really enjoyed it! It was a great story about discovering yourself and not letting your fears get in the way of things, and I liked the way the themes of identity,..."

Sorry, I've haven't had any time to read lately (because of school assignments), but I am almost finished and I like it so far, so I'll try to finish it soon :)

message 31: by Amelie (new)

Amelie Aimee wrote: "Amelie wrote: "I’ve finished the book now, and I really enjoyed it! It was a great story about discovering yourself and not letting your fears get in the way of things, and I liked the way the them..."

That’s fine Aimee, I understand how busy things can be because of school so there’s no need to rush, and I hope you’re liking the book! :)

message 32: by Aimee (new)

Aimee (demigod712) | 33 comments Ok, sorry I'm responding so late lol, I had too much hw this week/weekend.
I finished it on Wednesday and yes I liked it :)

message 33: by Amelie (new)

Amelie Yay, I’m glad you enjoyed it too! And wasn’t that ending just so sweet? It was such a beautifully written story! :)

message 34: by amia (new)

amia (makevocaloidgreatagain) I HAVE FINISHED
my review is… something

message 35: by Amelie (new)

Amelie Yay! What did you think of the book?

message 36: by amia (new)

amia (makevocaloidgreatagain) it’s interesting and i loved all the characters

message 37: by Amelie (new)

Amelie Same here! Ari and Dante’s relationship was so sweet, and I liked their kiss at the end! I loved how supportive their parents were throughout the book too. I’m glad you guys enjoyed the book though!

message 38: by Amelie (new)

Amelie I definitely want to read the sequel too when it comes out!

message 39: by Aimee (new)

Aimee (demigod712) | 33 comments Amelie wrote: "I definitely want to read the sequel too when it comes out!"
Wait, THERE'S A SEQUEL?!

message 40: by Amelie (new)

Amelie Yes, but there isn’t a release date yet. Hopefully it’ll live up to the first book though!