Christian Nonfiction Lovers Book Club discussion

Let's Talk Nonfiction Books! > What Christian Nonfiction book have you re-read?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susan, Moderator (new)

Susan (susanrohrer) | 284 comments Other than the Bible, what Christian Nonfiction book was so compelling to you that you've gone back to read it again at least once?

message 2: by David (new)

David Knott | 23 comments "Ordering Your Private World", by Gordon MacDonald, had a major impact on me as a young Christian, and I have reread it, and quoted from it.
Gordon MacDonald has been a hero of mine ever since.

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Turnage (etlivingstory) | 5 comments I’ve reread several Eugene Peterson books, including Answering God and Leap over a Wall. He’s such a great writer, and his insights are profound.

message 4: by Mary (new)

Mary Detweiler (mdetweiler) | 29 comments Elizabeth wrote: "I’ve reread several Eugene Peterson books, including Answering God and Leap over a Wall. He’s such a great writer, and his insights are profound."

Susan wrote: "Other than the Bible, what Christian Nonfiction book was so compelling to you that you've gone back to read it again at least once?"

I've re-read The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren multiple times and still refer to it from time to time.

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Lehmann (lisalehmann) | 1 comments A Path Through Suffering by Elisabeth Elliot. Deep, thought provoking, life changing.

message 6: by Malinda (new)

Malinda Fugate | 11 comments "The Divine Conspiracy" by Dallas Willard. It looks at the Kingdom of God through the framework of the Sermon on the Mount.The Divine Conspiracy: Rediscovering Our Hidden Life in God There's so much packed in there that I think it will take quite a few reads to absorb it all.

message 7: by Susan, Moderator (last edited Sep 21, 2020 09:38AM) (new)

Susan (susanrohrer) | 284 comments Lisa wrote: "A Path Through Suffering by Elisabeth Elliot. Deep, thought provoking, life changing."

I'm not sure how many times I've re-read her book, Through Gates of Splendor. It's an unforgettable true story.

message 8: by Twyla (last edited Sep 24, 2020 11:09AM) (new)

Twyla Franz (twyla_franz) | 8 comments I'm re-reading Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are. She inspired me to start my own ongoing gratitude journal through this book. I currently have over 3,ooo numbered thanks written, and it's been life-changing. Her writing style has also heavily influenced my own.

message 9: by Susan, Moderator (new)

Susan (susanrohrer) | 284 comments Twyla wrote: "I'm re-reading Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are. She inspired me to start my own ongoing gratitude journal through this boo..."

That's amazing, Twyla. Have you written to Ann Voskamp to let her know what her book inspired you to do? I see she's on Goodreads at this link: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show.... I'm sure it would encourage her to hear from you. :)

message 10: by Twyla (new)

Twyla Franz (twyla_franz) | 8 comments Susan wrote: "Twyla wrote: "I'm re-reading Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are. She inspired me to start my own ongoing gratitude journal th..."

Hi Susan! I did send Ann Voskamp a thank you email a while back. I plan to send her a note along with a copy of my devotional once the paperback is available. One of the devotions (titled "Gratitude") mentions One Thousand Gifts. I also acknowledged the influence Ann has been on my life and writing in the acknowledgements section :)

message 11: by Susan, Moderator (new)

Susan (susanrohrer) | 284 comments Twyla wrote: "Susan wrote: "Twyla wrote: "I'm re-reading Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are. She inspired me to start my own ongoing gratit..."

That's great, Twyla! It's always great to hear when authors support one another here. :)

message 12: by Bob (last edited Sep 30, 2020 08:07PM) (new)

Bob Palumbo | 9 comments I just finished reading Jonathan Cahn's follow-up to "The Harbinger," which of course is...."The Harbinger II." The first "Harbinger" was one of my favorite Christian books of all-time (and yes...I know "The Harbinger" is written as "a story".....so it is fiction....but fiction based on actual historical facts (so forgive me for including it on a "Christian non-fictionl" board. But I believe it is more of a non-fiction book written in story form (very entertaining).
Well...."The Harbinger II" is the same type of book....and every bit as riveting, entertaining, and enlightening as the first one.
I highly recommend you read both books.....AMAZING