Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > How to choose which book shows up as "author of"?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alex (new)

Alex Linschoten (strickvl) | 5 comments This post relates to the author profile for "Jeremy Howard" (spaces included intentionally. I disambiguated his author profile so that his books were included together and distinguished from others who share the same name. But the goodreads site, when you visit his profile, automatically states that he is "author of designing great data products" (in the site title). This isn't a book he's well-known for. So I was wondering if it's possible to choose which book is listed as the "author of..." when the author profile is loaded?

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 5098 comments Alex wrote: "This post relates to the author profile for "Jeremy Howard" (spaces included intentionally. I disambiguated his author profile so that his books were included together and distinguished from others..."

I can only see two works on Jeremy's profile https://www.goodreads.com/author/show... and this is the more popular of the two on Goodreads so this is the one that displays.

If you have moved others to this profile it may be a caching issue. Give the system 48 hours. :)

message 3: by Alex (new)

Alex Linschoten (strickvl) | 5 comments Ok perfect. Thank you for that explanation. I didn't see anywhere written up that the selection of the book was based on popularity, hence my question.

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 5098 comments Alex wrote: "Ok perfect. Thank you for that explanation. I didn't see anywhere written up that the selection of the book was based on popularity, hence my question."

No problem. I think this would come under site functionality so it wouldn't be in the Librarians Manual. It helps to have the memory of an elephant round here! 😊