What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Book based on a Quebec movie, multiple POVs, LGBT, I think released in 2013

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Blue (new)

Blue | 834 comments I cannot remember the name of the film which is why I cannot remember the name of the book. I remember the director released the book of stories after I saw the film. At least I think he did, not sure if it was released outside of Canada or if it was just handed out to those who attended the screening.

In the film there are multiple POVs that intertwine. Here is a list of the stories I remember:

- A nurse, named Genevieve, is best friend's with her gay co-worker not knowing her husband is cheating on her with this coworker. In the second film the men were living together as a couple. They ask Genevieve to be a surrogate for another child they will raise all together. Gen and the hubby had 2 kids already

- A lesbian social worker takes in a young gay hustler who she later finds out has AIDs, when he dies she is heartbroken, second film she is coming to terms with his death and her miscarriage

- Gay man lives with his boyfriend and he is a director or photographer, his boyfriend leaves him and in the second film he helps this ex-bf cheat on the ex's new boyfriend. He also changed his name when he moved away from home.

Anyone have any idea?

Maybe I am mixing the book and the film up in my head but I am sure the book existed.

message 2: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4228 comments "Coming out": https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3036906 maybe? I couldn't find a book related to it.

message 3: by Blue (new)

Blue | 834 comments Thanks for the title of the movie that allowed me to find the answer.

I spoke to my friend who went to the premiere and he called the people who organized it and I was right about the story book, but it was only given to a select few people. I read it because he had it.

So there is a book just not an actually published book that people could buy.

Thanks for the help.