The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

TASK HELP: Fall Challenge 2020 > 20.7 - Shorter is Sweeter - Brooklyn's Task: A Different Kind of Celebration

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SRC Moderator (last edited Sep 07, 2020 01:14PM) (new)

SRC Moderator | 4543 comments Mod
20.7 - Shorter is Sweeter - Brooklyn's Task: A Different Kind of Celebration

While spring is my favorite season and I (mostly) enjoy summer, I always look forward to fall every year. I love the cooler nights that allow me to open the windows, football, seeing my nieces & nephew get excited for Halloween and celebrating my birthday! I thought about past birthdays and realized that I have been out of town for nearly every birthday since 2005! Most of the trips were due to a business trip/conference, but a few were fun weekend getaways with my sister. Since the current environment makes it difficult to plan a celebration like past years, I will probably spend a lot of time reminiscing about past fun.

This is a one book task. Choose one option from below and read one book for that option.
Required: Identify the option when you post.
No books with a MPG of Childrens or Kids may be used.

Option 1: My 2005 birthday was spent in Germany on a business trip. That didn’t stop the fun, though! My company’s German agent arranged a surprise birthday for me in a VIP room of a popular club. Champagne flowed all night. It was a memorable event, as it was also my first trip to Europe.
For this task, read a book written by an author whose first and last name initials can be found in CHAMPAGNE. Middle initials may be ignored.
ex. Christopher Moore

Option 2: I’ve celebrated several birthdays in San Francisco. One year a friend arranged for special tickets and field passes for us for a San Francisco Forty-Niners game. It was cool to be able to walk down the same tunnel that Joe Montana and Jerry Rice did for years. Even though I am a huge Kansas City Chiefs fan, I can appreciate the talent and history of Candlestick Park.
For this task, read a book with a word in the title or subtitle that includes all the letters NFL, such as elfin, final, feline, falling.

Option 3: In 2018, my sister and I met in Napa, California for a weekend getaway. We spent the weekend enjoying the beautiful valley scenery, drinking wine and eating fabulous meals. Napa is known for bold Cabernets and Chardonnays, but with dozens of microclimates in the valley, there are many types of wine made there.
For this task, read a book set at least 50% in one of the top global wine regions: Italy, France, Spain, California, Argentina, Chile, Australia.
Required: If the setting is not apparent on the book’s main page, post a link to a reference confirming the setting.

Option 4: Last year I spent my birthday in Las Vegas on a business trip, attending an industry conference. I had a great dinner with my colleagues, half of whom live in the eastern half of the United States and half whom live in Denmark where my company has its global headquarters. There were plenty of cocktails and wine consumed, but things didn’t get out of hand. Or did they?
For this task read a book with a title of at least 3 words, where the first letter of every word is found in the phrase WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS STAYS IN VEGAS.

message 2: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 828 comments Reserved

message 3: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 828 comments Reserved

message 4: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 4543 comments Mod
This help thread is open!

message 5: by Jen K (new)

Jen K | 534 comments Hey there, for option 4, can subtitles be ignored? Thanks!

message 6: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 828 comments Jen K wrote: "Hey there, for option 4, can subtitles be ignored? Thanks!"

Yes. Subtitles should be ignored. Happy reading!!

message 7: by Jen K (new)

Jen K | 534 comments Brooke wrote: "Jen K wrote: "Hey there, for option 4, can subtitles be ignored? Thanks!"

Yes. Subtitles should be ignored. Happy reading!!"

Thanks!!

message 9: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 828 comments Cindie wrote: "Does this work for option 2: Nature's Mutiny: How the Little Ice Age of the Long Seventeenth Century Transformed the West and Shaped the Present?"

Unfortunately no. There isn't a word that contains all the letters NFL. 'Transformed' is missing an L and 'long' is missing an F.

message 10: by Cindie (new)

Cindie | 1740 comments Brooke wrote: "Cindie wrote: "Does this work for option 2: Nature's Mutiny: How the Little Ice Age of the Long Seventeenth Century Transformed the West and Shaped the Present?"

Unfortunately no. ..."

oops! Thanks anyway!

message 11: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia (cynthiabaxter) | 720 comments CYNBAXTER:

For 20.07, Option 3 - can we use hyphenated words like "Left-handed"?

message 12: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 828 comments Cynthia wrote: "CYNBAXTER:

For 20.07, Option 3 - can we use hyphenated words like "Left-handed"?"

That will work! According to SRC rules, a hyphenated word is one word because spaces determine words. :-)