The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

TASK HELP: Fall Challenge 2020 > 20.6 - Seasoned Reader - Mx.shining's Task: All About Books

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SRC Moderator (last edited Sep 06, 2020 05:10AM) (new)

SRC Moderator | 4516 comments Mod
20.6 – Seasoned Reader - Mx.shining's Task: All About Books
I have loved reading books for a long time, although I’m not sure how I’ll be able to read enough books to finish one of the seasonal challenges in time. This task is mainly meant to be about books and reading.
Choose one book to read from the options below.
Required: State the option.

Option 1 – Books
For the past and upcoming challenge I have read / am planning to read quite a lot of books that are about books, such as Tolstoy and the Purple Chair: My Year of Magical Reading or Bookworm: A Memoir of Childhood Reading
Read a book with the MPG Books about Books.

Option 2 - Reading
Since books are nothing without people actually reading them, read a book where ALL the letters of the word READING can be found in the author's name as it appears on goodreads. Single author books only.
ex. Janwillem van de Wetering

Option 3 - Writing
There are many books that have been written about writing, but not all of them are written by people who write well. For this option, read a book with the MPGs Non-fiction AND Writing, written by an author of fiction books that you have enjoyed. Examples for me could be On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft by Stephen King or Ernest Hemingway on Writing by Ernest Hemingway
Required: Include a link to a FICTION title written by the author that you have read.

message 3: by Mx.shining (new)

Mx.shining | 232 comments Reserved

message 4: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 4516 comments Mod
This help thread is open!

message 5: by Marie (UK) (new)

Marie (UK) (mazza1) | 2443 comments please can i have MPG books about books confirmed for Ex Libris: Confessions of a Common Reader

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 143 comments Could you please confirm MPG Books About Books for The Ten Thousand Doors of January?

message 7: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 914 comments Will an embedded tag work -The Library of the Unwritten is MPG Writing>Books about Books

message 8: by Lauren (last edited Sep 06, 2020 07:25AM) (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 1502 comments Please confirm the following for MPG Books about Books:

Murder under Cover
Murder is Binding

Thanks!

message 9: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10882 comments Mod
Please confirm MPG Books about Books for Writers & Lovers. It's at the bottom of the list. Thanks!

message 10: by Zach (new)

Zach | 170 comments Can the genre be embedded?

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 1200 comments Please confirm MPG Books about Books for Chapter and Hearse.

Thank you!

message 12: by Mx.shining (new)

Mx.shining | 232 comments Marie (UK) wrote: "please can i have MPG books about books confirmed for Ex Libris: Confessions of a Common Reader"

Yes, approved

message 13: by Mx.shining (new)

Mx.shining | 232 comments Sarah wrote: "Could you please confirm MPG Books About Books for The Ten Thousand Doors of January?"

Yes, I can confirm this MPG

message 14: by Mx.shining (new)

Mx.shining | 232 comments Joanne wrote: "Will an embedded tag work -The Library of the Unwritten is MPG Writing>Books about Books"

Yes, embedded mpgs work for this task

message 15: by Mx.shining (new)

Mx.shining | 232 comments Lauren wrote: "Please confirm the following for MPG Books about Books:

Murder under Cover
Murder is Binding

Thanks!"

Confirmed!

message 16: by Mx.shining (new)

Mx.shining | 232 comments Kristina Simon wrote: "Please confirm MPG Books about Books for Writers & Lovers. It's at the bottom of the list. Thanks!"

Yes, approved

message 17: by Mx.shining (new)

Mx.shining | 232 comments Zach wrote: "Can the genre be embedded?"

Yes, embedded mpgs work for both option 1 and 3. Apologies for not thinking about adding this to the task!

message 18: by Mx.shining (new)

Mx.shining | 232 comments Sarah wrote: "Please confirm MPG Books about Books for Chapter and Hearse.

Thank you!"

Confirmed!

message 19: by Meg (new)

Meg (megscl) | 1522 comments Can you please verify writing and nonfiction for Truth and Beauty

message 20: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kelly29) | 166 comments Can you please confirm MPG Books about Books for Hamnet and The Lions of Fifth Avenue?

message 21: by Trish (new)

Trish (trishhartuk) | 2449 comments Morning. Could you check that you can see "Books about Books" for Read It and Weep. It's right down the bottom of the MPG list.

BTW, it's good to find someone else who's heard of Janwillem van de Wetering! I do like the Amsterdam Cops books, so if the one above doesn't work, I may use one of them!

message 22: by Dee (last edited Sep 07, 2020 01:30AM) (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7538 comments can i please get The Book of Lost Names for books about books?

also The Little Bookshop of Love Stories (3ppl have it shelved as books about books right now)

message 23: by Mx.shining (new)

Mx.shining | 232 comments Meg wrote: "Can you please verify writing and nonfiction for Truth and Beauty"

Yes, confirmed

message 24: by Mx.shining (new)

Mx.shining | 232 comments Kelly wrote: "Can you please confirm MPG Books about Books for Hamnet and The Lions of Fifth Avenue?"

Yes, both of them work

message 25: by Mx.shining (new)

Mx.shining | 232 comments Trish wrote: "Morning. Could you check that you can see "Books about Books" for Read It and Weep. It's right down the bottom of the MPG list.

BTW, it's good to find someone else who's heard of J..."

To be honest, I have not read any of his books, but I may have to do so in the furture, if they are good! (Also, approved)

message 26: by Mx.shining (new)

Mx.shining | 232 comments Dee wrote: "can i please get The Book of Lost Names for books about books?

also The Little Bookshop of Love Stories (3ppl have it shelved as books about books right now)"

Both of them work, they look really interesting!

message 27: by Trish (new)

Trish (trishhartuk) | 2449 comments Thanks for approving

Mx.shining wrote: "To be honest, I have not read any of his books, but I may have to do so in the furture, if they are good! (Also, approved)"

It's a procedural series, but kind of quirky and the detectives are likeable

message 28: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 15678 comments Mod
Please confirm Or What You Will for books about books. Thanks!

message 29: by Mx.shining (new)

Mx.shining | 232 comments Sandy wrote: "Please confirm Or What You Will for books about books. Thanks!"

Confirmed!

message 30: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 15678 comments Mod
Mx.shining wrote: "Sandy wrote: "Please confirm Or What You Will for books about books. Thanks!"

Confirmed!"

Thanks!

message 31: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 1502 comments Found another one

Please confirm Books Can Be Deceiving for books about books. Thanks!

message 32: by Mx.shining (new)

Mx.shining | 232 comments Lauren wrote: "Found another one

Please confirm Books Can Be Deceiving for books about books. Thanks!"

Yes, confirmed!

message 33: by Tien (new)

Tien (tiensblurb) | 1400 comments For option 2, I just wanted to confirm that even if the author's name only has an e with an accent (Agnès Martin-Lugand), I can still use that to spell READING?

message 34: by Tien (new)

Tien (tiensblurb) | 1400 comments Tien wrote: "For option 2, I just wanted to confirm that even if the author's name only has an e with an accent (Agnès Martin-Lugand), I can still use that to spell READING?"

I know that because GR disabled notifications for a few days, you probably missed my question so am just 'replying' to bump this into your notification :)

message 35: by Pia (new)

Pia | 1072 comments Can you please confirm for MPG Books about Books:

The Last Bookstore In America

Thanks!

message 36: by Mx.shining (new)

Mx.shining | 232 comments Tien wrote: "Tien wrote: "For option 2, I just wanted to confirm that even if the author's name only has an e with an accent (Agnès Martin-Lugand), I can still use that to spell READING?"

I kn..."

Yes, that works. Apologies it took me a while to reply!

message 37: by Mx.shining (new)

Mx.shining | 232 comments Pia wrote: "Can you please confirm for MPG Books about Books:

The Last Bookstore In America

Thanks!"

Confirmed!

message 38: by Tien (new)

Tien (tiensblurb) | 1400 comments Mx.shining wrote: "Yes, that works. Apologies it took me a while to reply!"

Not to worry & thanks so much :)