What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Star Diaries
This topic is about The Star Diaries
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Sci-Fi about space-time loops and man talks to multiple versions of himself. He's traveling alone in a spaceship that needs maintenance. Possibly near a black hole. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 04, 2020 11:43PM) (new)

Hello!
I heard it about 15 or more years ago as radio drama.
The plot was about space flying by the black hole (or something similar). Spaceship needed maintenance but the traveller was allone. However space-time loops somehow created yesterday version of him. This "yesterday him" was afraid original him, did not talk and hid. So somehow appeared "tomorrow him" and so on. Somehow every other "him" was with different issues and hope to use multiple hands to fix the spaceship was lost. And flying away from black hole made other "him"-s also dissapear.
That is all i can remember.

Thank You!

message 2: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2056 comments Sounds a bit like Larry Niven's Singularities Make Me Nervous which was made into a radio drama https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDJVy...

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33372 comments Mod
Eimar, I added a few details to the topic header/title, so someone can recognize your book from that description alone. Feel free to edit it.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Kris: Thanks. Thats OK.

Andy: Its very interesting. Thank you for pointing it out!
However it does not seem to be what i heard back then...

message 5: by Kris (last edited Sep 08, 2020 11:13AM) (new)

"The Seventh Voyage" in the "Star Diaries" by Stanislaw Lem? A spaceship defect forces Ijon Tichy through a series of time vortices, creating a multitude of temporal copies of himself.

This is a graphic novel version: The Seventh Voyage: Star Diaries. If this is your book, we'll look for a better Goodreads link.

message 6: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 08, 2020 11:52AM) (new)

Hi,

At last... This is it!
I found audio version from youtube.

Thank You so much!

message 7: by Kris (new)

Great. Glad you found your book, Elmar. Here's one link - The Star Diaries by Stanisław Lem.

message 8: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2056 comments Glad you found your book!