Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Publishing date question

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Drace (new)

Drace (dracenines) | 135 comments Simple question about the site that I've noticed recently. Why is it that some books have a publishing date listed on their page, but in the My Books list view show up with the publishing date listed as unknown?

(Also, if this is an issue that can be fixed, I'll post links to the books in question that I'm having this issue with.)

message 2: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8670 comments Drace wrote: "Simple question about the site that I've noticed recently. Why is it that some books have a publishing date listed on their page, but in the My Books list view show up with the publishing date list..."

please provide a link to the specific book.

the answer may be different from book to book.

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41973 comments Mod
Drace wrote: "Why is it that some books have a publishing date listed on their page, but in the My Books list view show up with the publishing date listed as unknown?"

My Books actually has two different publishing date columns. One is for the work; one is for the specific edition. If you have the first one listed, and the work has not had a work-level publication date set, it will show up as unknown -- even if the edition you have shelved has a publication date listed.

message 5: by Drace (new)

Drace (dracenines) | 135 comments Thanks for the info. Should I move over to the Book Issues section to request the proper dates be input?

message 6: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8670 comments Drace wrote: "Thanks for the info. Should I move over to the Book Issues section to request the proper dates be input?"

these are complete.