NetGalley Addicts Support Group discussion

Need Help? [Ask the Group] > PDF won't open or show up

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lydia (new)

Lydia (thefictionfeature) I've been trying for over an hour to find a way to access a PDF file I received from NetGalley. It isn't compatible with Overdrive and I can't send it to my kindle. When a friend of mine had the same problem, I told her to get the NetGalley Shelf app and that worked for her, but like others I've received, the book isn't showing up in the app. Is there another way I can try to download and access the PDF somewhere or do I have to not give feedback on the book?

message 2: by Erin (new)

Erin (erin_in_chicago) | 3 comments I really like the Aldiko app, especially for PDFs. You have to zoom and click instead of scrolling, but it formats it right, which is nice. I have it on my phone, and it's really convenient when I need it.

message 3: by Lori (new)

Lori Boyd (loriboyd) | 26 comments I had that a while back. I believe it was with a book from Australia. I downloaded the Bluefire Reader App and it worked then. Good luck.

message 4: by Stan (new)

Stan Dunn | 5 comments Lydia wrote: "I've been trying for over an hour to find a way to access a PDF file I received from NetGalley. It isn't compatible with Overdrive and I can't send it to my kindle. When a friend of mine had the sa..."

To move a pdf to a Kindle, I email the pdf file (as an attachment) to the Kindle email address, WITH THE SUBJECT LINE of "CONVERT". The pdf is converted to mobi for the kindle. There are funny line breaks every now and then, but it has worked pretty well for me.

message 5: by Lydia (new)

Lydia (thefictionfeature) I forgot to say this the other day but thank you so much for the help! I ended up consulting the NetGalley ZenDesk too and got Adobe Digital Editions to read the book. Thank you for all of the advice!