Sophie's World Sophie's World question

Target reader of this book
Eric Eric Sep 03, 2020 12:54AM
Sophie’s World has a complex and unique language, but from the cover and the title it seems like children’s book. Give me your opinion about the target reader of this book, is it for children, adult, or all ages!

Zhorifa (last edited Sep 15, 2020 07:28PM ) Sep 15, 2020 07:24PM   0 votes
I think it looks like suitable for teenagers who are looking their identity. Like a sophie who is always curious about everything. But it is also okay for all ages that interested with philosophy.

I agree with sitra, and the information is too much for childerns to understand

From the story, I got difficulties to understand the philosophy and thought that the novel just for adult who has a complicated mindset. But now I think the author tried to explain heavy topics for children in his country. I have ever seen in the article that Norway really loved philosophy but they also don't like to read pure philosophy literature. So, that is way how the author made a "Sophie's world" for children and teenagers.

Eka (last edited Sep 03, 2020 08:08AM ) Sep 03, 2020 08:07AM   0 votes
Maybe philosophy is not for everyone. Do you think you will read more philosohy books after reading this one? Or would you choose other genres? Tell me what genre do you like best!

As for me, I like literature best, but I also read other genres like magic realism, historical fiction, or chicklit.

No maam, because I think that philosophy books is very confusing. I would like to choose another genre, maybe about fiction.

We read this book in highschool, in the philosophy class. So, I think this one is particularly suitable for teenagers. It's more like a history of philosophy.

i think this book related with teenager because sophie has ambitious characters. and i think the characters always owned by teenagers.

i think the target readers must be a young adult or adult, because the story is really hard to understand for children. :)

i think this book can relate for teenager to adult, because i think the language is difficult to understand for children

I think the book is a great introductory work for adults and even for children of all ages. It explains the main questions of philosophy in a manner that is easy to understand.