2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2020 > Garrett can't think of a clever name for his 20 book reading challenge

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Garrett (new)

Garrett Tharpe | 11 comments After years of being one of those people that says, "eh, I'll just watch the movie," I've finally been drawn back into the dusty pages by that sweet seductress, Reading. I only started reading again regularly a couple months ago, so my goal is humble. For me it's less about challenging myself and more about wanting to be a part of a community of readers. I love to discuss good books, and really anything in general. So, I'm excited to be here, and I'm excited to be reading! I do enjoy writing a bit myself, and I'd like to keep track of my books and post my thoughts, reviews, etc, but we'll just see how it all goes. Feel free to stop in and say hi if you like, I love to meet new people!

message 2: by Serena (new)

Serena | 24 comments I've also recently dived back into reading and am looking for a community of like-minded readers on Goodreads. Happy to see you here. I like mystery, thrillers, horror and historical romance but I'll pretty much read everything! I saw you're reading Water for Elephants too!

message 3: by Ilona, Global Moderator (new)

Ilona | 4154 comments Hi Garrett, I am glad to hear that you found your way back to reading! Best of luck with your reading challenge :)

message 4: by Garrett (new)

Garrett Tharpe | 11 comments Serena - I like all those things too! Haha. Glad to meet you too. I am reading WfE, well I haven't started yet. I want to finish The Ocean at the End of the Lane first. I started it today, and I really like it. Gaiman is my fave. If you'd like, you should join the buddy read I'm in over in that section of the group. I was told that it has horror vibes, though Neil doesn't fit very nicely into a box.

Ilona - Thank you! Good luck to you as well:D

message 5: by Serena (new)

Serena | 24 comments Just put the The Ocean at the End of the Lane on hold at my library at your rec! Says it should be ready soon. I've only read Good Omens and Coraline by Gaiman so excited to see some of his other stuff

message 6: by Garrett (new)

Garrett Tharpe | 11 comments Finished it yesterday! It was great, hope you like it.

The Ocean at the End of the Lane

Probly my favorite quote from the book:
"Adults follow paths. Children explore. Adults are content to walk the same way, hundreds of times, or thousands; perhaps it never occurs to adults to step off the paths, to creep beneath rhododendrons, to find the spaces between fences."

message 7: by Garrett (new)

Garrett Tharpe | 11 comments Ha thought that was gonna post the cover too.
The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman

And I finished this a few days ago:
We Are the Weather Saving the Planet Begins at Breakfast by Jonathan Safran Foer

Liked it so much I wrote a far too long review. I think it's a really important book.
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...