The Procrastinators Book Club discussion

Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about Cinder
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
★Buddy/Group Read Retirement★ > Cinder (September 2020) Group Read Discussion

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aless, Discord Procrastinator (new) - added it

Aless (alesstheintrovert) | 533 comments Mod
This is the group thread for Cinder!

This thread is open for discussion beginning September 1st! Please keep in mind that spoilers are allowed (mark as a spoiler) in this thread but only up to the group's current reading place. Do not spoil the book if you've read further than the group. Any extra days of the month can be used to catch up if needed! Page numbers are an approximation based on the hardcover or paperback that is the default on Goodreads.

The Group Read Discussion schedule is as follows:

Week of 9/1
September 1: Chapters 1-2 or 19 pages
September 2: Chapters 3-4 or 19 pages
September 3: Chapters 5-6 or 19 pages
September 4: Chapters 7-8 or 19 pages
September 5: Chapters 9-10 or 19 pages

Week of 9/6
Septemeber 6: Chapters 11-12 or 19 pages
September 7: Chapters 13-14 or 19 pages
September 8: Chapters 15-16 or 19 pages
September 9: Chapters 17-18 or 19 pages
Septemeber 10: Chapters 19-20 or 19 pages
September 11: Chapters 21-22 or 19 pages
September 12: Chapters 23-24 or 19 pages

Week of 9/13
September 13: Chapters 25-26 or 19 pages
September 14: Chapters 27-28 or 19 pages
September 15: Chapters 29-30 or 19 pages
September 16: Chapters 31-32 or 19 pages
September 17: Chapters 33-34 or 19 pages
September 18: Chapters 35-36 or 19 pages
September 19: Chapters 37-38 or 19 pages

You can read the group book at any time during the month and at your own pace. This is the pace the group will be using, but if you read ahead or will be giving spoilers, please mark them (click the "some html is ok button"). If you have any questions a mod or another member can help you.

message 2: by Nana (last edited Sep 01, 2020 08:19PM) (new)

Nana Spark (thenoveltynotebook) | 36 comments Tomorrow, Operation Give Marissa Meyer A Second Chance is a go!

message 3: by Althea ☾, Group Procrastinator (On Hiatus) (new) - rated it 1 star

Althea ☾ (themoonwholistens) | 1118 comments Mod
Nana wrote: "Tomorrow, Operation Give Marissa Meyer A Second Chance is a go!"

haha same xD I've read this before but if my loan from the library comes in on time I'm going to be giving it a second chance

Jen K | 899 comments I started this yesterday and it is my first Marissa Meyer. I'm reading fast because it is due at the library tomorrow.

So far so good. It's an interesting set up. Due to the nature of a retelling and being YA, I'm pretty sure I already know how it will end up but still interested in how it gets there.

message 5: by mina, Group/Buddy Reads Procrastinator (new) - rated it 3 stars

mina | 2463 comments Mod
This is my second time trying to read this and it's going better than the first time because now I got to chapter 9, while back then I think I gave up on it somewhere in the beginning.

I thought it was taking place somewhere in space or on a future planet, so I'm surprised it's set in China. I like that. I like Iko, sidekicks are amazing. Peony surprised me, and I like that it was a change, at least for me, that Cinderella is really close to one of the sisters. I'm not going to comment on the stepmother, cuz jeez.

Jen K | 899 comments mina wrote: "This is my second time trying to read this and it's going better than the first time because now I got to chapter 9, while back then I think I gave up on it somewhere in the beginning.

I thought i..."

I liked Peony as well. It was nice for Cinder to have have a positive relationship in her family. The sidekicks were definitely the best part. The book was okay but I'm definitely interested to try the next book.

message 7: by mina, Group/Buddy Reads Procrastinator (new) - rated it 3 stars

mina | 2463 comments Mod
Jen K wrote: "mina wrote: "This is my second time trying to read this and it's going better than the first time because now I got to chapter 9, while back then I think I gave up on it somewhere in the beginning...."

It was okay for me too, I liked that it was a fast read. I'm currently reading the second book and it's fun in the same way the first book, at least that's how I feel about it.

Jen K | 899 comments mina wrote: "Jen K wrote: "mina wrote: "This is my second time trying to read this and it's going better than the first time because now I got to chapter 9, while back then I think I gave up on it somewhere in ..."

It was a super fast read which I appreciated. Good to know about the second one! I have it on hold to pick up in October and do look forward to the next installment.

Jericho McKraven (jerichomckraven) You guys are making me want to read the series again!!! I really loved Winter, the girl of ice and snow. 💙💙💙💙💙

Scarlettsens | 1 comments AWWW I finished Cinder last week and I just notice that you guys pick Cinder for this month's group read. Now I want to comment on this thread too xD

Okay so I rate this book 3/5, specifically 7,5 out of 10.
I'm not really invested in some of the characters tbh. I don't see how charming Prince Kai, he's just "meh" for me. I don't see how frightening Queen Levana is. Oh, I'll mark my comments below a spoiler because I don't really know if it is a spoiler/not. Just in case aha.

(view spoiler)

This month, I'll Scarlet, the second book too!

message 11: by mina, Group/Buddy Reads Procrastinator (new) - rated it 3 stars

mina | 2463 comments Mod
I liked Peony and Iko too :D And I didn't particularly love the other characters but I liked it, it's a very easy read and fast.

Jericho McKraven (jerichomckraven) I agree! The prince was so secondary! And of course we all know who the little Cinder Girl is. 😉😍 But it was a super fast read because it was just gripping enough and OMG IKO!!! Ug, I adore her! 🥰

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Cinder (other topics)