What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

American Fantastic Tales: Terror and the Uncanny from Poe to the Pulps
This topic is about American Fantastic Tales
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Short Story About Scientist Who Shrinks Himself [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Raj (new)

Raj Dronamraju | 11 comments Hi, I am looking for the name of a short story about a scientist who shrinks himself down to enter the world of microbes he views through his microscope. At the end, the story takes a horror turn as he is eaten by one of the microbes.

message 2: by Kris (last edited Sep 01, 2020 10:07AM) (new)

Kris | 35348 comments Mod
Raj, what's the genre - e.g., horror, science fiction, fantasy for adults or teens?

Did you read this in a short story anthology? (Theme of the book? Single or multiple authors?)

[on hiatus] The rockabilly werewolf from Mars | 1527 comments I'm sure I've read this, but I can't remember the name off hand. I might have it in an anthology somewhere; if I do, I'll tell you.

message 4: by Raj (new)

Raj Dronamraju | 11 comments Kris it was in an anthology (can't remember the name of the anthology) and it was a horror story with a twist ending

[on hiatus] The rockabilly werewolf from Mars | 1527 comments I may have found it: The Jellyfish by David H Keller. I have it in American Fantastic Tales: Terror and the Uncanny from Poe to the Pulps, it may be in other places as well, I don't know.

message 6: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2098 comments I'll just mention "He Who Shrank" as a possibilitHe Who Shranky https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/He_Who_...

message 7: by Raj (new)

Raj Dronamraju | 11 comments Raj wrote: "Kris it was in an anthology (can't remember the name of the anthology) and it was a horror story with a twist ending"

Yes The Jellyfish is it! Thank You!