Self-Published Only Club discussion

Getting Started

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Abby (new)

Abby Snodgrass | 516 comments Mod
Starting a Book Club for reading self-published authors is something I've wanted to do for quite some time. Is supporting SP authors as important to you as it is to me?

message 2: by Mel (new)

Mel Baker (themelbaker) | 75 comments Yay! I saw you posting about this. I'm totally in and yes, it is so important!

A_ bookbound _soul (a_bookbound_soul) | 7 comments I I totally supported SP authors. I've come across a few such authirs who are really good and need support.

message 4: by Klaus (new)

Klaus (klaus92) This is a great idea. There are some real gems from self-publishers out there that are definitely worth reading!

message 5: by Leon (new)

Leon Stevens (leon_stevens) | 58 comments There are a few groups on GR that support self-published (or Indie authors), but you can never have too many!

I'm biased since I choose to go the indie route. It is much easier to do this these days and there is a lot of competition. Supporting self-published authors is important, just as it is important to support the local businesses in your own community. Writers appreciate any support we can get. It keeps us writing!

Leon

message 6: by Abby (new)

Mel wrote: "Yay! I saw you posting about this. I'm totally in and yes, it is so important!"

I'm so glad you joined

message 7: by Abby (new)

A_ bookbound _soul wrote: "I I totally supported SP authors. I've come across a few such authirs who are really good and need support."

Absolutely!

message 8: by Abby (new)

Leon wrote: "There are a few groups on GR that support self-published (or Indie authors), but you can never have too many!

I'm biased since I choose to go the indie route. It is much easier to do this these da..."

I love the comparison to local businesses! I completely agree

message 9: by Abby (new)

Klaus wrote: "This is a great idea. There are some real gems from self-publishers out there that are definitely worth reading!"

A_ bookbound _soul wrote: "I I totally supported SP authors. I've come across a few such authirs who are really good and need support."

Definitely

message 10: by Jay (new)

Jay Brown | 47 comments Yes, yes, yes!

message 11: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Bywaters | 11 comments Very excited for this group. Can't wait to read the October BOM with you guys. Thanks for setting it up Abby!

message 12: by E.S. (new)

E.S. Hazard (eshazard) | 9 comments Abby wrote: "Starting a Book Club for reading self-published authors is something I've wanted to do for quite some time. Is supporting SP authors as important to you as it is to me?"

Thank you for setting up this group.

message 13: by Abby (new)

Kathryn wrote: "Very excited for this group. Can't wait to read the October BOM with you guys. Thanks for setting it up Abby!"

Hey Kathryn ~ So glad you joined us. I think this is going to be a really fun group!

message 14: by Abby (new)

E.S. wrote: "Abby wrote: "Starting a Book Club for reading self-published authors is something I've wanted to do for quite some time. Is supporting SP authors as important to you as it is to me?"

Thank you for..."

❤ I'm so happy to do it, and so pleased with the feedback and support so far!

message 15: by Mel (last edited Sep 03, 2020 11:26PM) (new)

Mel Baker (themelbaker) | 75 comments Wow, it's so amazing that this group already has over 30 members. Honestly when I got the invite, as awesome as i thought the idea was, I thought it would take forever for you to get people interested in this. Boy was i wrong. You go girl. What you are doing, the whole idea around this group is absolutely amazing!

I can't wait to find some amazing SP authors!

message 16: by Abby (new)

Mel wrote: "Wow, it's so amazing that this group already has over 30 members. Honestly when I got the invite, as awesome as i thought the idea was, I thought it would take forever for you to get people interes..."

Girl, same. I thought I would end up with like 5 people interested lol I am soooo excited!

message 17: by Balu (new)

Balu (balu_reader) I know of one SP author - John Bierce. He is a YA fantasy writer and he wrote Mage Errant series, one of my favourite fantasy series. You should check him out, he's amazing.

message 18: by Abby (new)

Alan wrote: "I know of one SP author - John Bierce. He is a YA fantasy writer and he wrote Mage Errant series, one of my favourite fantasy series. You should check him out, he's amazing."

Definitely

message 19: by Ross (new)

Ross Eberle | 26 comments Hi, everyone!

I was kindly invited to this group by someone called Leon Stevens. On this note, I'd like to know if there's a new-member introduction thread I can post about myself and my works in.

Thanks for having me here. Cheers!

message 20: by Trana (new)

Trana Mathews (tranamathews) | 72 comments As a self-published author, I appreciate what you've done with this group and look forward to finding other struggling authors to read!

message 21: by Abby (new)

Ross wrote: "Hi, everyone!

I was kindly invited to this group by someone called Leon Stevens. On this note, I'd like to know if there's a new-member introduction thread I can post about myself and my works in...."

Hey Ross - so glad you joined us. There is a discussion folder title SP Authors. You are welcome to post your works or promos in that folder for other readers to check out! Once you get them posted there, I will also add them to our bookshelf for easy access.

message 22: by Abby (new)

Trana wrote: "As a self-published author, I appreciate what you've done with this group and look forward to finding other struggling authors to read!"

I'm so glad you joined us!

message 23: by Ellie (new)

Ellie Aiden | 27 comments Wow, what a great group Abby. So glad I joined. You're doing great work!

message 24: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 45 comments Abby wrote: "Starting a Book Club for reading self-published authors is something I've wanted to do for quite some time. Is supporting SP authors as important to you as it is to me?"

Definitely, thank you.

message 25: by Abby (new)

Ellie wrote: "Wow, what a great group Abby. So glad I joined. You're doing great work!"

Yay, I'm so glad you joined us. It's a really supportive group. I think you'll like it here!

message 26: by Ginny (new)

Ginny Fanthome (goodreadscomginny_fanthome) | 1 comments Abby wrote: "Starting a Book Club for reading self-published authors is something I've wanted to do for quite some time. Is supporting SP authors as important to you as it is to me?"

Hey Abby - thanks for putting this group together. I never thought in a million years I'd self-publish one of the novels I've written, simply because I didn't think I had the knowledge to promote it and get it out there. But here we are, in the middle of a plague - and I decide to finally self-publish - DOH!

message 27: by Abby (new)

Ginny wrote: "Abby wrote: "Starting a Book Club for reading self-published authors is something I've wanted to do for quite some time. Is supporting SP authors as important to you as it is to me?"

Hey Abby - th..."

That's awesome! Congratulations, and please let me know if there's anything we can do to help!

message 28: by Jay (new)

Jay Brown | 47 comments It's awesome how many new members this group is getting, Abby. Great job!

message 29: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Bowers | 5 comments I'm new to GR, but I stumbled across this group on a post on IG. I haven't read a lot of SP works, but I came across one recently that was phenomenal, and I'm hoping to find some more in this group.

message 30: by Abby (new)

Jay wrote: "It's awesome how many new members this group is getting, Abby. Great job!"

I know. I'm so excited!

message 31: by Abby (new)

Tiffany wrote: "I'm new to GR, but I stumbled across this group on a post on IG. I haven't read a lot of SP works, but I came across one recently that was phenomenal, and I'm hoping to find some more in this group."

So glad you found us, Tiffany

message 32: by Megan (new)

Megan (meganfathereeofficial) | 2 comments As a self-published author, myself, I'm so glad to find that there is a community here on GR that will support self-pubbers! It's a hard path, so I'm glad to see there are people who love self-published books (maybe even more than traditionally published).

message 33: by Abby (new)

Megan wrote: "As a self-published author, myself, I'm so glad to find that there is a community here on GR that will support self-pubbers! It's a hard path, so I'm glad to see there are people who love self-publ..."

So glad you joined us Megan!

message 34: by Britta (new)

Britta Sanders | 2 comments Hi everyone, I'm new hear but heard great things about this group from my friend Mel. I'm excited to get started!

message 35: by Mel (new)

Mel Baker (themelbaker) | 75 comments Britta wrote: "Hi everyone, I'm new hear but heard great things about this group from my friend Mel. I'm excited to get started!"

OMG, Yay! So glad you joined. You are gonna love it here!

message 36: by Abby (new)

Britta wrote: "Hi everyone, I'm new hear but heard great things about this group from my friend Mel. I'm excited to get started!"

Hi Britta, so glad you joined us!

message 37: by S.Lynn (new)

S.Lynn Helton (slynnhelton) | 38 comments Hi all!
I'm new here - having found this group through a couple of my Goodreads friends. I'm looking forward to supporting fellow self-published authors and discovering new books to enjoy.
-Lynn

message 38: by Abby (new)

S. Lynn wrote: "Hi all!
I'm new here - having found this group through a couple of my Goodreads friends. I'm looking forward to supporting fellow self-published authors and discovering new books to enjoy.
-Lynn"

Welcome, so glad you joined us!

message 39: by Raelen (new)

Raelen Mauge | 2 comments Hey guys I'm kinda new to Goodreads. Been on here for a few years to just make bookshelves but just recently decided to try and meet some people like myself :)