Reading the Classics discussion

The Great Gatsby
This topic is about The Great Gatsby
Past Group Reads > The Great Gatsby Reading Schedule

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenn, moderator (last edited Aug 31, 2020 07:59AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jenn | 303 comments Mod
We will be starting our reading of The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald tomorrow, September 1.

Here is the schedule for reading and disucssing:
Sep. 1-7 ~ Chapters 1-2
Sep. 8-14 ~ Chapters 3-4
Sep. 15-21 ~ Chapters 5-7
Sept. 22-30 ~ Chapters 8-9

There will be a separate discussion thread for each week of reading, and I will post the new week's discussion on the first day of that week. Don't worry if you get behind; you can still contribute any time to past weeks' discussions. If you are ahead in the reading, please don't discuss anything beyond that week's chapters in the discussion.

Tomorrow I will also be moving our Summer discussions from the Group Read folder to the Past Group Reads folder.

I am pretty excited to reread The Great Gatsby with everyone. I hope this will be a lively discussion!

Alan | 18 comments Thank-you for doing this

message 3: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Mazerov | 6 comments I am new to the group, and think this is such a great idea! Like many of you, I somehow missed reading many American classics in high school. So, a few years ago, I decided to read them on my own. F. Scott Fitzgerald was one of them..I read The Great Gatsby, which while not my favorite of his books, captures the decadence of the Gilded Age so well. I also read, and loved, Tender is the Night, This Side of Paradise and The Beautiful and the Damned..so much emphasis on money and status. I've done the same with Steinbeck, and plan to delve into Thomas Wolfe...

message 4: by Jan (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jan Notzon | 53 comments Good for you, Katherine!