Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Accidentally combined three different books!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (new)

Michael Richardson | 2 comments Hello friends!

I was trying to combine the two editions of a book I edited - We Were Always Here - and seem to have accidentally combined that book with two OTHER titles I wrote, The Extraordinary Life of Alan Turing and The Extraordinary Life of Freddie Mercury!

When I go to separate them, I just keep being taken back to the main page - is anyone able to separate them for me?

I wish there was an undo button for those of us who aren't very tech savvy!

message 2: by lethe (last edited Aug 31, 2020 02:41AM) (new)

lethe | 13752 comments Authors cannot separate.

I separated the books and changed the primary author on the Kindle edition of We Were Always Here to you*, so it could be combined with the paperback.

*I see that Ryan Vance gets first mention on the cover as an editor, so now made him primary author on both editions (the book will still show on your author page, though).

message 3: by Michael (new)

Michael Richardson | 2 comments Thank you SO much!

message 4: by Ali (new)

Ali Bell (ali_anthony_bell) | 2 comments Hello, I'm a goodreads author, and I've just now been given Librarian status. I inadvertantly made a mistake just before obtaining LIbrarian status. When combining editions of my own titles, I marked two different titles for combining editions at the same time. I know, it's a stupid mistake. I should have combined the titles one after the other. Since I now have Librarian status I went to the Manual and found the instructions for separate editions, but it doesn't work. After I click on separate tool, as soon as I click on separate for the book (s) to be separated, it throws me back to the goodreads homepage. The titles in question are "In the Lion's Den" (two alternate covers) and "1983-1984 Surfing the Purple Wave", Ali Anthony Bell : https://www.goodreads.com/book/combin...

Can someone please help me to resolve this? Thank you kindly.

message 5: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13752 comments Ali wrote: "Hello, I'm a goodreads author, and I've just now been given Librarian status. I inadvertantly made a mistake just before obtaining LIbrarian status. When combining editions of my own titles, I mark..."

Authors have limited librarian rights for their own books, but cannot separate. I separated the books for you.

(In future, please don't link to the combine page (or any other book edit pages) but to the book (show) page instead. Thanks :) )

message 6: by Ali (new)

Ali Bell (ali_anthony_bell) | 2 comments Thank you Lethe, I appreciate it.