Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The Places Left Unfilled
This topic is about The Places Left Unfilled
Questions > Author Program Application Rejected - Advice?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by M.C. (new) - added it

M.C. Cauley (mccauleyauthor) | 2 comments I applied for the Goodreads Author Program to take over my author page, but was rejected. My book will be releasing on or around 10/11, but is not available for pre-order, so an Amazon link is not available. I can definitely send a screenshot of my KDP bookshelf with the book, along with the other supporting materials. I've tried doing this through the Contact option, but my request continuously times out.

I didn't have a Twitter set up during my first request, but do now. That, however, is the only difference. I am self-published and hoping to run a paperback giveaway, but can't set up my paperback for pre-order to get an Amazon link for author approval.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
M.C.

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 5247 comments MC wrote: "I applied for the Goodreads Author Program to take over my author page, but was rejected. My book will be releasing on or around 10/11, but is not available for pre-order, so an Amazon link is not ..."

Hi M.C.

Does your book have an ISBN or an ASIN yet? If it doesn't that is a possible reason for your book being rejected at this stage.

Other than that, Librarians are volunteers & don't have anything to do with author approval.

Sorry that we can't help. :)

message 3: by M.C. (new) - added it

M.C. Cauley (mccauleyauthor) | 2 comments Oh, alright. It said to join here to ask additional questions. Yes, it does have an ISBN. Oh, well. Thanks for the response! :)

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 5247 comments MC wrote: "Oh, alright. It said to join here to ask additional questions. Yes, it does have an ISBN. Oh, well. Thanks for the response! :)"

You could give Support feedback about that wording if that is an email.

I know Support has recently hired new staff. They may not be fully up to speed yet on what volunteers can & can't do. :)