The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

TASK HELP: Fall Challenge 2020 > 25.3 - Andy P's Task: Finding A Topic For A Task

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SRC Moderator (last edited Aug 26, 2020 03:27PM) (new)

SRC Moderator | 4964 comments Mod
25.3 - Andy P’s Task : Finding a Topic for a Task
I have been participating in SRC now for 5 or 6 years and am finding a topic upon which to construct a task has become increasingly difficult. Like many of us my list of places to go and people to see has been severely restricted in the past several months so I decided to consult my two miniature poodles who always have good ideas.

First the general rules for this task
This is a two book task so read a book from each of the following poodle-inspired options.
No books with children as a main page genre may be used.
The combined total page number of pages from both books must be greater than 500 (501+).

Book 1, I first consulted Emo Poodle who is the more outgoing and adventurous of the two and got this response. He looked at me with his full attention and scratched behind his ear. This, in Emo speak, means, Give me a minute I'm using all of my cognitive ability.

Read a book whose TITLE contains all of the letters in SCRATCH, including 2 Cs. Subtitles are excluded.

Book 2. Sammy Poodle spent the first 10 months of his life (the time when a dog learns a great deal about how to deal with the vagaries of life) in a kennel. Thus most of his knowledge about the world came from the other dogs in the kennel. He is dependent on other dogs to show or tell him what to do.

Read a book by a single author whose initials (all of them ) can be found in COPYCAT.

message 2: by Andy (new)

Andy Plonka (plonkaac) | 3564 comments Emo wants this one

message 3: by Andy (new)

Andy Plonka (plonkaac) | 3564 comments Sammy, not to be outdone, wants this one

message 4: by S.L. (new)

S.L. Berry | 370 comments Scooter&Siam

Option 2: All of what? Author’s initials? First letters of the title?

message 5: by Ann A (new)

Ann A (readerann) | 920 comments Clever poodles! :)

message 6: by Dee (last edited Aug 27, 2020 03:38AM) (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7754 comments love it Andy- when in doubt, always consult the magical knowledge of dogs

message 7: by Shannon (new)

Shannon | 1 comments Love! Give Emo and Sammy each a big hug :))

message 8: by Andy (new)

Andy Plonka (plonkaac) | 3564 comments S.L. wrote: "Scooter&Siam

Option 2: All of what? Author’s initials? First letters of the title?"

All of the author's initials i.e. if they use a middle initial or name then there are three letters involved rather than 2

message 9: by Andy (new)

Andy Plonka (plonkaac) | 3564 comments Ann A wrote: "Clever poodles! :)"

Of course they are right behind Border Colllies in intelligence or so they say

message 10: by Andy (new)

Andy Plonka (plonkaac) | 3564 comments Dee wrote: "love it Andy- when in doubt, always consult the magical knowledge of dogs"

Before I make any important decisions I consult them and they always have an answer, sometimes not just the one I want.

message 11: by Andy (new)

Andy Plonka (plonkaac) | 3564 comments Shannon wrote: "Love! Give Emo and Sammy each a big hug :))"

Sure will

message 12: by Jayme (new)

Jayme (jaymetheghostreader) | 3007 comments Poodles are very smart.

message 13: by Andy (new)

Andy Plonka (plonkaac) | 3564 comments Jayme(the ghost reader) wrote: "Poodles are very smart."

And they love to entertain, so be careful when you laugh at something they have done because they will repeat that behavior endlessly!

message 14: by Jayme (new)

Jayme (jaymetheghostreader) | 3007 comments My grandma had a miniature poodle. What kind are your poodles?

message 15: by Andy (new)

Andy Plonka (plonkaac) | 3564 comments Emo is smaller about 14 inches, silver in color, according to theAKC nomenclature(gray) And Sammy is exactly 15 inches, the tallest he can be to be a miniature and black in color

message 16: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 3812 comments Do you consider: Cleo Coyle a single author?

(This is the nom de plume used by a husband/wife writing team. I checked the FAQs and rules and didn't find anything specific to this question.)

message 17: by Andy (new)

Andy Plonka (plonkaac) | 3564 comments I think that the rule is Cleo Coyle is the name under consideration and thus it would work, but you might double check with a moderator to be extra sure.
Andy

message 18: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 17948 comments Mod
Book Concierge wrote: "Do you consider: Cleo Coyle a single author?

(This is the nom de plume used by a husband/wife writing team. I checked the FAQs and rules and didn't find anything specific to this qu..."

Yes, Cleo Coyle is considered a single author.

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Cleo Coyle (other topics)