The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

TASK HELP: Fall Challenge 2020 > 30.6 - Delicious Dee's Task: Hurry Up And Wait

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SRC Moderator (last edited Aug 19, 2020 11:00AM) (new)

SRC Moderator | 4964 comments Mod
30.6 - Delicious Dee's Task: Hurry Up and Wait

This is the first time in several years that I’ve managed to finish the season before the 30 point cut-off time and I owe it to the fact that I spent the first 8 weeks of this challenge stuck in hotel rooms waiting to deploy. I was originally supposed to leave end of May, then COVID happened and before I knew it – it was early August and I was finally arriving at my final destination. My first 7 weeks were spent in Norfolk, VA and the last 2 were in Naples, Italy.

For this task, you will read two books, one from Book A and one from Book B. Or you may read ONE book that fits an option in both book A and B with a page total that exceeds 650 pages.

No books with the genre Childrens may be used.

Book A – Norfolk, VA
Option 1 Read a book by an author who lives in/was born in Virginia; or a book where at least 50% is set in Virginia.
Required: If the setting/author locale is not evident from the GR record, include a reference LINK when you post.

Option 2 During my Norfolk stay, I read 12 of the books in Victoria Thompson’s Gaslight Mystery series.
Read a book from the Gaslight Mystery Series

Option 3 while in Norfolk, I had to complete in-processing at Expeditionary Combat Readiness Center (or ECRC)
Read a book where all the letters ECRC can be found in the author's name. Books with multiple authors work IF every author's name contains the letters.

Book B – Naples, Italy
Option 1 Read a book by an author who lives in/was born in Italy, or where at least 50% of the book is set in Italy.
Required: If the setting/author locale is not evident from the GR record, include a reference LINK when you post.

Option 2 Every day I (along with the members of my group) stood on our balconies and watched trucks carry something red and round in crates drove by – which spurred the great Apple vs. Tomato debate (I’m firmly team Tomato)
Read a book where all the letters of APPLE or TOMATO can be found in the title, ignore subtitles.

Option 3 The worst part of our quarantine in Italy was seeing the gorgeous pool at the hotel but not being allowed to swim or even sit by it.
Read a book with a title of at least three words where the beginning letter of every word can be found in NO SWIMMING POOL FOR YOU.

message 2: by Dee (last edited Aug 19, 2020 11:17AM) (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7753 comments aye aye

no no

message 3: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 4964 comments Mod
This help thread is open!

message 4: by Margaret (new)

Margaret (igem36) | 220 comments If I read two books, do they need to exceed 650 pages? Or does that only apply to the one book option?

Someone else asked the same question for Task 25.10, but it hasn't been answered yet.

message 5: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7753 comments Only the one book option has to exceed the page count

message 6: by Emurphy (new)

Emurphy | 525 comments Can I ask for confirmation for Book B Option 1 - Book set in Italy

A Room with a View by E.M. Forster

Thank you!

message 7: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7753 comments I’ve never read it to be able to confirm the at least 50% in Italy - you may need to make a judgement call