100 Letters Book Club discussion

01 - Little Fires Everywhere > WEEK 2 DISCUSSION - LITTLE FIRES EVERYWHERE

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by liv (new)

liv (visitkingdoms) | 9 comments Mod
Hey guys! Sorry I’m a few days late on this post. I swear, I WILL get better at this once i fall into a rhythm. Life on my end is a little hectic right now with home renovations and the candle company stuff going on. I hope you can forgive me!!

Post your thoughts about chapters 6-15 here! Let’s discuss! Hope you’re all doing well and staying healthy. :)

message 2: by Kenly (new)

Kenly CG (kenlycg) | 7 comments Hello!
I did not expect Lexie to get pregnant. She was so excited about becoming a mother that I feel like she had an abortion just to avoid people talking about her. She had a baby with the boy she loves, but then she had to give it up :( I was so mad at Brian for speaking to Lexie like that. He made some good points, but he didn't have to make her feel so bad.

Also, regarding Bebe, I'm on her side. If she believes that she can provide the life she wants for her baby, she should get her baby back. What do you guys think?

By the way, I didn't like the fact that Mia lied to the Ryans. I think it was fair that she wanted to keep the baby, but I felt weird when she lied to them. She had to be honest.
------
I've cried so many times reading this book. Looking at Mia's relationship with Pearl I can't help but think about my mother, especially in chapter 15 where there is a description of parents' longing for their children's affection. My mom has been through a lot of difficult stuff, and I feel like sometimes me and my siblings don't appreciate her enough. I try to be as affectionate as possible, and I would like to spend more time with her, but I'm so busy with college that I can't do it. It just makes me sad. I love her so much, and I'm scared of losing her.

message 3: by Milo (new)

Milo | 6 comments First of all I'm sorry for being late here, promise I'll catch up on time for the next discussion!!!!

Now, I gotta say I have never experienced so much anger reading something as I did on the clinic scene, I know Lexie was scared but using Pearl's name to me was just the most disgusting thing ever.
But fortunately right after that we have the beautiful first half of chapter 13, the description on how Mia fell in love with photography and was thriving in Art School was one of the most heartwarming things I've seen this month. Also, to me, this kinda express why Elena needs to reassure to herself all the time that "whatever she's doing, it's all for the McCulloughs' health", deep inside her, Elena feels that Mia is that version of her that flew away with Jamie in the past. And I don't feel that I am in a position to judge her choices in life as good or bad, but from this I feel that there's a little bit of regret within her motivations.

And finally, answering to Kenly: I totally agree that May Ling needs to stay with Bebe!!