What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Memory Eaters
This topic is about The Memory Eaters
SOLVED: Non-Fiction > SOLVED. Non fiction - mystery - 2020. This book was nominated for or won an award. Mystery about the intricacies of family life. Alzheimer's disease. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anita (last edited Aug 18, 2020 06:24AM) (new)

Anita Ericksen | 2 comments Hi, I am hoping someone can help with a book I really would like to read but have forgotten the title and author. It's new, 2020 and is non-fiction. It is about a woman going through her mother's (who has Alzheimers) belongings, in order to give her things she recognizes to add comfort to her in the care centre, and discovers a photo of her mother in a European (?) street. She recognizes the background as something her grandmother (who has passed) had painted. She asks her uncle why her grandmother did not include her mother in the painting and the mystery deepens. She goes on a search for the answer to this question and brings up long buried family secrets

message 2: by Emma (new)

Emma Bailey | 102 comments I'm afraid I can't help but this sounds great so following the thread in case its resolved.

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39847 comments Mod
Anita, please add some of those plot details to your header - per the Group Rules. Your header is too vague. Use the little edit link.

message 4: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Dacyczyn (readsintrees) | 265 comments Could it be Braver Than You Think: Around the World on the Trip of My (Mother’s) Lifetime? More of a travel book than a mystery, but it's 2020 and has to do with a mother with Alzheimer's.....

message 5: by Anita (new)

Anita Ericksen | 2 comments I found it! Here is the article that made me want to buy the book. Had some things wrong (sorry) but the general idea was correct. There are spoilers in this article. https://www.salon.com/2020/05/09/a-mo...

message 6: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 20133 comments Glad you found it!

The Memory Eaters for the link.