Beta Reader Group discussion

Critique Partners and Swaps > Read 7k for me and I'll read 7k for you

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by L.A. (new)

L.A. Buck (labuckauthor) | 23 comments This exchange is not as rigid as my post title suggests.

I have a 7k word epic fantasy short story I'd love some feedback on. What I want to know:
--Overall impressions of the plot and characters
--Does something not make sense/need more elaboration?
--Whatever comes to your mind you might think needs shared!

In exchange, I'm happy to read and critique anything of about the same word count (just so long as it's not erotica or non-fiction, please.)

Blurb: A grizzled military captain fights for her life--and her dreams--after her partner's attempt to broker peace with their new homeland's centaur natives goes awry.

If interested, share your email and I'll hook you up with a google doc! You can comment here. Or message me here. Or email me at LaBuckAuthor@gmail.com.

Thanks!

message 2: by Eliana (new)

Eliana Yi | 13 comments I'd love to read your short story. Mine is 8k. Would that be okay? I'll send an email.

message 3: by Shreya (new)

Shreya Vijay (shreyavijay) | 37 comments L.A. wrote: "This exchange is not as rigid as my post title suggests.

I have a 7k word epic fantasy short story I'd love some feedback on. What I want to know:
--Overall impressions of the plot and characters..."

Just sent you an email from vshreyatu@gmail.com :)

message 4: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (goodreadscomdaniel_robledo) | 24 comments Hey L.A Buck

not sure if you need more readers but i'd love to do a swap if you like. is it alright with you if I send part of a larger work? my novella is 30k but i'd be happy to share the first 7k if that's fine with you.

message 5: by L.A. (new)

L.A. Buck (labuckauthor) | 23 comments Daniel wrote: "Hey L.A Buck

not sure if you need more readers but i'd love to do a swap if you like. is it alright with you if I send part of a larger work? my novella is 30k but i'd be happy to share the first ..."

Sure, that would be fine! You can send it to LaBuckAuthor@gmail.com.