Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Unlink Author Profile + Add New Name?

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lindy (new)

Lindy Ryan (lindyryanwrites) | 23 comments Hello,

I am no longer writing under the pen name Seven Jane. Is it possible to unlink this author profile from my account?

I am now writing under my name, Lindy Ryan. Is it possible to add Seven Jane as a common name so I can claim the Lindy Ryan author account and still have all my previous books connected?

message 2: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8667 comments Lindy wrote: "Hello,

I am no longer writing under the pen name Seven Jane. Is it possible to unlink this author profile from my account?

I am now writing under my name, Lindy Ryan. Is it possible to add Seven ..."

1. Goodreads maintains the original author as the primary author but your name can be added as a secondary author, and Seven Jane can be identified as a pseudonym.

2. You can contact Goodreads support about your Goodreads author account. Your options are:

**a. to transfer your "claimed" profile to Lindy Ryan, and leave Seven Jane as an unclaimed profile. To do this, please contact Goodreads support at: https://www.goodreads.com/about/conta...

**b. you can claim the Lindy Ryan profile under a different email address. To do that, go this profile: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show..., and scroll down to where it says is this you?

3. There is more than one author with the name Lindy Ryan. Goodreads disambiguates authors of the same name with spaces before the last name. This Lindy Ryan profile is: Lindy^^Ryan, where the ^ equals a space.

4. Any automatically imported works with the name Lindy Ryan will go to the author with the "default" profile that has one space. You can ask in this group to move it to the Lindy Ryan profile that has 2 spaces.

5. If you want me to add Lindy Ryan as the secondary author on your existing works, please advise.