Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Black the Tides (Threads of Dreams, #2)
This topic is about Black the Tides
Serieses! > Threads of Dreams series page

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by K.A. (new) - added it

K.A. Wiggins (kaiespace) | 2 comments Hi, can I ask for a librarian's help adding a new/upcoming release to an existing series?

This is for:

books by K.A. Wiggins

series "Threads of Dreams" (https://www.goodreads.com/series/2615...) (I think you can use the "edit" button from this link to add to the series)

specifically book #2 Black the Tides: YA Fantasy with an Edge

Thanks!

message 2: by Miriam (new)

Miriam | 1694 comments Book added to the series.

Just to note: Kindle editions get an ASIN. E-books (non-Kindle edition) use an ISBN. Is your ebook being release beyond Amazon?

Also, were ARC editions released with the "coming soon" cover? If not, I can merge that edition into the official cover.

message 3: by K.A. (new) - added it

K.A. Wiggins (kaiespace) | 2 comments Thanks! :)

This title does have a Kindle-specific ISBN though? It also has a regular/non-Amazon ebook ISBN and paperback ISBN:
ISBN 978-1-7751627-8-0 (paperback)
ISBN 978-1-7751627-7-3 (ebook)
ISBN 978-1-7751627-6-6 (Kindle ebook)

ARC editions did use a variation of the coming soon/placeholder cover, but I think the listing just got auto-generated with that because it was used in the initial Amazon preorder listing.

Miriam wrote: "Book added to the series.

Just to note: Kindle editions get an ASIN. E-books (non-Kindle edition) use an ISBN. Is your ebook being release beyond Amazon?

Also, were ARC editions released with the..."

message 4: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8667 comments K.A. wrote: "Thanks! :)

This title does have a Kindle-specific ISBN though? It also has a regular/non-Amazon ebook ISBN and paperback ISBN:
ISBN 978-1-7751627-8-0 (paperback)
ISBN 978-1-7751627-7-3 (ebook)
IS..."

Although Kindle editions have an ISBN in the background, Goodreads uses only ASIN with Kindles. Anything designated Kindle should show the ASIN, and anything with an ASIN should say Kindle, [or in some cases Audible]

the ISBN you have for Kindle is not usually even seen on the Kindle page on Amazon.

message 5: by Miriam (new)

Miriam | 1694 comments GR doesn't use the ISBN on Kindle Edition, Kindle editions only get ASIN. I've reset the Kindle edition to have the ASIN.

Since it wasn't the actual ARC cover, I'll go ahead and merge that edition into the real Kindle edition.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Black the Tides (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

K.A. Wiggins (other topics)