A Bookish Adventure... discussion

General Information > Apply to be a Moderator

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Maddie (Inking & Thinking) Are you interested in becoming a moderator?? If so fill out the questions below. I will be going through each application and if you will get accepted you have a certain position in the group based on your skills.

1. Why do you want to be a moderator?
2. What new ideas will you bring to the group?
3. What topics would you want to focus on? Buddy reads? Games? Challenges? Polls?
4. Have you been a moderator before? If so, how what did you do in that group?
5. Are you 13 years or older?

Good Luck!

message 2: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany I'd love to be one!

1. I'm quite good at being a moderator. I like it, and I'm very talkative. People (usually) like me and I (usually) like people.

2. I generally don't really modify the ideas of groups very much. I work with what a group already has to make everything work.

3. Honestly, whatever you think I will be good at.

4. Yes. I am a moderator of YA Readers and More. I do a bit of everything, but I focus on the games.

5. Yes. I'm 16, pushing 17.

☀︎El In Oz☀︎ (elinoz) 1. It seems like a fun job and it’s nice to interact with ppl
2. Not sure, I like hearing other ppl’s ideas and adding onto them, if that makes sense
3. Book topics and trivia plus favourites, stuff like that
4. No
5. Yes!

Maddie (Inking & Thinking) Thanks guys for applying!!! I’ll let you know by tomorrow.

message 5: by Sanna (new)

Sanna Anderson (sanna_elizabeth_anderson) | -11 comments 1. It has always interested me, and I would love to bring new ideas to the group.
2. I think that adding more book discussions woulud be a good idea. It could about a series or a stand alone. But, if I was able to brainstorm with someone else, I think I could add more!
3. I'd be intersted in helping with Buddy Reads and Challenges.
4. I have never been a moderator before, but I have seen what it requires by seeing what other moderators have done in some other groups I am in.
5. Yep!

Thank you so much for allowing this opportunity!
-S. Anderson

Maddie (Inking & Thinking) Thanks for applying!! I’ll let you know by tomorrow.

message 7: by Joyce (new)

Joyce | 2030 comments Hi Bookduck|Maddie! (I'm happy you decided to create a new group! I recognized you from the other Goodreads group. I'm excited to be part of this one and I'm wishing it the best :)
I truly believe one of my greatest qualities is organization. So, I would love to put that to use! Plus, add that to my passion of books <3 How can I pass this up xD
I have some great bookish games I could recommend. As well, I have some ideas on how to make buddy reads or BOTM run more smoothly :)
3. What topics would you want to focus on?
I'm would be really happy to be honest to work on any of these topics, but maybe buddy reads? :P
Nope I've never been a moderator before, but I would love too! I would say I'm pretty active as a member on the group
Yes I am! I'm 21 turning 22 soon xD (hope that's not to old!!)

Maddie (Inking & Thinking) Thank you for Applying!!! I’ll let you know by tomorrow.

Maddie (Inking & Thinking) Hey Guys!!

Thank you so much for applying to be Moderator! This was hard decision and I'm only to take two you for now but as the group gets bigger, I'll definitely need more help. Please don't be discouraged if I didn't pick you, there will be a chance in the future.

Our two new Moderators will be....
- Tiffany
- Joyce

Congrats to the two of you! I'm so happy that you will be apart of the Mods Team with me!

message 10: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany I'm so honored! Thank you so much!

Maddie (Inking & Thinking) No Problem!! You will be a great fit for the team!!

message 12: by Joyce (new)

Joyce | 2030 comments Yay!!! Thank you so much BookDuck|Maddie!!! Can't wait!! :)

Maddie (Inking & Thinking) No Problem!

Maddie (Inking & Thinking) Y’all are so sweet!!

message 15: by Yasmin (new)

Yasmin | 17 comments Hello!
I don’t now if I can be a mod but here are :
I want to be a mod for the group be with more cool things and fun!(But guys,you are doing a great job 👍🏻)
I want to create new topics with different ideas etc...
I am a moderator of a lot of groups , especially the YA Book Club
I am 11

message 16: by Sofia (last edited Oct 10, 2020 06:58AM) (new)

Sofia (sofloaf) | 212 comments Congratulations on reaching 150 members!!

1. I want to be a moderator because I love interacting with other people in groups. I've made so many friends that way, and I really enjoy it!
2. I've got a whole list of games and new book discussions I would love to share.
3. Here are my top three picks!
a. Games Creator
b. Discussions Major
c. Polls Manager
4. Yes, I've been a moderator before. I'm the creator of The Fae of Erilea, YA Any Day, Ranters and Reviewers, and The Gilded Wolves Fanclub.
5. Yes, I'm over 13.

Thank you for this opportunity!

Maddie (Inking & Thinking) I forgot to say on the shoutout that I’m gonna be typing up what each role entails so if your not sure what you want to focus on on I post it, it may help you better on what you want.

Maddie (Inking & Thinking) Here is the official list of roles...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11...

If you are or have already applied please list your top 3 roles you would want.

Example:

1. Challenge Coordinator
2. BOTM Head
3. Trivia Head.

message 19: by Lillyyy (last edited Oct 11, 2020 11:16PM) (new)

Lillyyy | 253 comments Great job on 150 members and thank you for this opportunity!

1. I want to be a moderator because I love organizing things, I love helping and interacting with people, I love this group and this community where everybody knows everybody and I think it'd be fun.

2. I have lots of ideas for games and about yous and challenges that I think this group would love. I have so many ideas that I can bring to this group and make happen.

3. I do a lot of work in challenges, it's what I do most, and best, so my top pick is Challenge Coordinator. My second pick would be the Social Media Manager. I can promote the group in Goodreads, I can also run an Instagram for it which I would make sure was updated frequently and with important details. I would love to write the newsletters, and I think that I could organize and create cool banners and art every once and while to freshen things up. Actually, I think Challenge Coordinator and Social Media Manager are tied, I'd love to do both of them. My third pick is Discussions Major, there are a lot of fun things that could be added to this group that I can do, and I have quite a few ideas.

4. I am a moderator for The Midnight Readers, I've been a mod there since the beginning of May. We currently have 560 members.

5. No I am not, I feel like I'm not going to be able to moderate because you have an age limit, but I thought I would try anyways because this group is wonderful and it has a lot of potential. On a side note, I definitely have the maturity of somebody older than 13. I wanted to add that because it might be maturity that you're looking for, but it also might not be.

Thanks again, you guys! I love watching this group grow!

message 20: by katie ❀ (new)

katie ❀ (whisperngpages) Congrats on reaching 150 members!

1. I am a huge book nerd (like everyone else), and I love discussing them with others. This group is one of the groups I'm most active on, and I just love the community. I would love to be a mod because this group is so connected, and we talk about all kinds of things, and because of that, I get to know other people well. I want other people to feel the same way.

2. Adding some more games, and creating some new discussions about new/coming soon books, so we can expand our reading range and find out about new books. I could also think up a few more challenge and readathon ideas.

My top pick would be Challenge Coordinator because I have a lot of experience in organizing events and readathons. My second pick would be Social Media Manager because I have worked with graphic designing and social media a lot. I run the YA Book Club Instagram and I created the logo for The Flashlight Readers. My third choice of roles would be BOTM Head because I have some ideas on how to make the choosing of the BOTMs run smoother.

3. I could help out wherever; I know all the workings of a Goodreads group. I prefer working on challenges, games, and BOTMs.

4. Yes, I am a moderator for several other groups, including The Flashlight Readers and The Midnight Readers. In The Flashlight Readers, I focused on readathon and challenge ideas. In The Midnight Readers, I worked with others to think of readathon prompts and handle sign-ups for challenges.

5. Yes, I am.

Thank you for your consideration!

message 21: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 10, 2020 07:15AM) (new)

1. Why do you want to be a moderator? I want to help make this group the best that it can be!!! I can bring some books that I've read that others don't know about and share them. 2. What new ideas will you bring to the group? I will bring
3. What topics would you want to focus on? Buddy reads? Games? Challenges? Polls? Challenges, discussions, games
4. Have you been a moderator before? If so, how what did you do in that group? Yes. I am a mod of over 20 groups. I help organize and manage challenges, and games.
5. Are you 13 years or older? Yes, I am 14.

Maddie (Inking & Thinking) @Paige

Thanks for you application!

Can you rate your Top 3 positions you want?? The link to all the different positions should be a little bit up in this chat or the most recent email I sent to the group.

message 23: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 10, 2020 07:28AM) (new)

My top three are:
1. BOTM Head
2. Discussions Major
3. Games Creator

Thank you for considering me!

Maddie (Inking & Thinking) Thank you! @paige

message 25: by Lillyyy (new)

Lillyyy | 253 comments Hi guys, I was wondering when you were going to announce the new mod? Sorry, I'm being super pushy and take your time

message 26: by katie ❀ (new)

katie ❀ (whisperngpages) Lilly, I think they said Monday.

message 27: by Joyce (new)

Joyce | 2030 comments yup! on Monday!! :D

message 28: by Lillyyy (new)

Lillyyy | 253 comments Oh sorry about that! Sometimes I am so... 😂 I can’t remember the word but I don’t notice things sometimes. Sorry!

message 29: by katie ❀ (new)

katie ❀ (whisperngpages) Lolll Lilly I can kinda tell

message 30: by Lillyyy (new)

Lillyyy | 253 comments I still can't think of the word but it's definitely pretty noticeable lol

Maddie (Inking & Thinking) Our new Moderator Team is....

Mel: Polls Manager
Katie: Challenge Coordinator
Lilly: Social Media
Sofia: Discussions Major
Paige: BOTM Head

Maddie (Inking & Thinking) can you guys put your role under the moderator title?? Like how mine says president under my name. Thanks.

message 33: by Sofia (new)

Sofia (sofloaf) | 212 comments Thank you so much for accepting my application!!

message 34: by katie ❀ (new)

katie ❀ (whisperngpages) Ahhh thank you so much! Yes, I'll add my title.

message 35: by Joyce (new)

Joyce | 2030 comments Congrats to all the new mods!!! <3

message 36: by Lillyyy (new)

Lillyyy | 253 comments If you go to the mods page there a thing next to each mod's name that says "change title". If you click on that you can change your title. But I guess somebody already gave you a title because your's says Polls Manager

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

1. I want to be a moderator because I am very active in this group and it's become a great place for me to discuss books. I'd love to help expand this group and bring new people to it.

2. I have a lot of ideas for discussions and games. I would be very frequent in posting discussions that I think people would be active in.

3. My top three choices are: BOTM head, because I'm head of BOTM in the ranters and reviewers group which I'm a moderator for, and it's the job I enjoy the most. Next, I'd like to be a games creator because as I said, I have a lot of ideas I think people would enjoy. Lastly, I've created polls before and I think I could be a good poll manager.

4. I'm currently a moderator for the Ranters and Reviewers group, the Midnight Readers group, and the Lit Addicts group. I've done a lot of things for the first two groups in the past month or so, including organizing twin reads, readathon points, and BOTMs.

5. I am not 13 years old yet, but I certainly have the maturity to be. You might not be accepting applications because of the number of moderators you have, but I thought I'd give it a chance because of how much I like this group. Thanks for considering!

message 38: by Sofia (new)

Sofia (sofloaf) | 212 comments Thanks for applying, Nikki!

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

1. Because i have never done it before and want to try
2. I have a few game ideas
3.games and challenges are things i would like to focus as they can be super fun
4. no
5. no im 12

message 40: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 26, 2020 10:31AM) (new)

1. Why do you want to be a moderator? I want to make this group be the best that it can be!!!! I will make sure that this group stays active and FUN!!!!!!
2. What new ideas will you bring to the group? There should be an annual competition for who can read the most books throughout the whole year.
3. What topics would you want to focus on? Buddy reads? Games? Challenges? Polls? My first choice is Challenges. My second Choice is BOTM.
4. Have you been a moderator before? If so, how what did you do in that group? I have. On my old account, I was a mod of nearly 20 groups that were for reading. I helped keep the group orderly and helped with Book of the months, polls, and creating challenges.
5. Are you 13 years or older? Yes. I am 15 years old

Other: This group is amazing!!!!! Thank you for the reconsideration

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

1. I want to be a moderator coss i am active and i love helping out and sharing my ideas
2. so i have some ideas for games and challenges and like meet ups where like theres a specific time where we all talk like as a group or stuff like that
3. I more into challenges cos like im competitive but i would vary between them
4. No but i would love to try
5. No im 12 but nearly 13

message 42: by Rory Gilmore (new)

Rory Gilmore (artemis1) | 155 comments Why do I want to be a mod? Cuz I love helping people!
What new ideas can I bring? I have lots of different ideas
What topic would I like to focus on? Buddy reads/BOTM
Have I been a mod? Heck yes. I can name a few off the top of my head but here’s the list....
Princess diaries
Nashville Rp
Nico Di’angelo fan club
The hungers games rp
Multi fandom rp
Com-page-tion
And more
Am I over 13? Yes I am

message 43: by Aria aka Kassie, Group Manager (new)

Aria aka Kassie | 167 comments Mod
To help the group!
Maybe some new games, challenges, and members.
3. What topics would you want to focus on? Buddy reads? Games? Challenges? Polls?
Probably challenges and polls.
I created a group quite recently as a moderator and we already have almost 100 members. I manage most stuff with the help of my other moderator Sarah. We both work together on the group. ^.^
Yep! ^.^

message 44: by Brooke (last edited Feb 13, 2021 01:29PM) (new)

Brooke W (thereadersgame) | 202 comments Congrats on 450 members! You guys do such a good job with this group!

1. I want to be a part of helping keep this amazing bookish community growing! I love seeing people connect over common interests and trying out new things.

2. I could help out with whatever is necessary and help with challenges and keeping the group active!

3. I could focus on challenges and buddy reads, but I'm available for whatever you need.

4. I'm a mod in several groups, in one, I'm the overseer/creator and in the other two, I manage games, challenges, and/or BOTMs. I'm a mod in three groups.

5. No, not yet. I'm still a year away.

message 45: by ༓☾ᴄʟᴏᴜᴅʏ☽༓ {She's back on gr!} (last edited Feb 13, 2021 10:25PM) (new)

༓☾ᴄʟᴏᴜᴅʏ☽༓ {She's back on gr!} (bookishcloudy) | 34 comments BookDuck | Maddie wrote: "Are you interested in becoming a moderator?? If so fill out the questions below. I will be going through each application and if you will get accepted you have a certain position in the group based..."

so proud to be in this group. congrats for 450 members!
1. Why do you want to be a moderator? To help the group and meet new people and have bookish fun
2. What new ideas will you bring to the group? Polls and Discussion topics (espiecally polls)
3. What topics would you want to focus on? Buddy reads? Games? Challenges? Polls? polls polls polls and a little games
4. Have you been a moderator before? If so, how what did you do in that group? yes, im the moderator and creator of THE NEVERENDING TBR with 125+ members in a two week time frame. i think im doing well
5. Are you 13 years or older? soon, few months

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Congrats on hitting 450 members!
1) I want to be a moderator as I absolutely LOVEEE this community and the people here so I want to make it more fun and help it run smoother
2) maybe a writer's chat thing
3) I am interested in focusing on Buddy Reads or BOTMs
4) No, I have not been a moderator before but I think I will do a great job as I am good at being a leader and am also a perfectionist and also really talkative (Like really really talkative)
5) Nope, but I will be this year on April 12th!

message 47: by Hannah:) (new)

Hannah:) | 1 comments 1. Why do you want to be a moderator?
To help the group grow, make it more fun, and also it would be a great experience!
Discussions, anything that pops into my head really:D
Polls, since I like thinking up polls are fun and that people would love to answer:)
Yeah I just became a mod in the Teen Romance group and have started to make weekly polls there
I'll be 15 in a few weeks:)

message 48: by :D o y i n :D (CURRENTLY OBSESSED WITH AOT iykyk), BOTM Head (last edited Jul 08, 2021 07:21AM) (new)

:D o y i n :D (CURRENTLY OBSESSED WITH AOT iykyk) | 39 comments Mod
Before I get Started I would just like to say Congrats on 460 members you guys deserve it <333

I would bring a lot of creative ideas for discussions and ill make them appropriate for the majority of the group. Also I would make some amazing polls and questions, and find some really good books for people I also have this great Idea but is ok if send a message telling about the idea because im afraid somebody might take it :((

I think the topic I would be focused more on is BOTMs and Polls because those are my strong suits <3

Yes, I have been moderator before I am currently mod in like 4 or 5 groups. In the groups I think I did pretty well because i work well with people and im open to peoples ideas and i think thats what made the groups im mod in successful

I just turned 12 but I think I have some maturity to maintain some parts of a group :)))

message 49: by Lillyyy (new)

Lillyyy | 253 comments Thanks for the applications! We'll definitely look at them :)

:D o y i n :D (CURRENTLY OBSESSED WITH AOT iykyk) | 39 comments Mod
Hii Lily,
Quick question not to come off as bossy or rushy but have u guys picked a mod yet lol

« previous 1