The Bibliophiles discussion

Book of the Month > Update on BOTM

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lml369_07) | 1048 comments Mod
I sent out a message to everyone in the group but just in case you are new here or did not received the message, I will no longer be doing BOTM in the capacity that I have been due to lack of response. I may do a quarterly book or maybe a book of the year kind of thing later on down the road depending on the input I receive from members. If you would like me to know your thoughts on this, please comment below or send me a direct message.

Thank you!

message 2: by John (new)

John (jwarner6comcastnet) | 58 comments Lisa, I believe a book every six months or annually would be sufficient given the few members we have or at least who votes on the book selection. We might agree to vote from one of the major book awards for a year, e.g., Nobel, Pulitzer, Edgar, Booker, Hugo, etc.

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lml369_07) | 1048 comments Mod
John wrote: "Lisa, I believe a book every six months or annually would be sufficient given the few members we have or at least who votes on the book selection. We might agree to vote from one of the major book ..."

That's a great idea! Thank you John!

message 4: by Saurabh (new)

Saurabh Das (world_of_paradigms) | 1 comments Dear Lisa, and dear John. Warm greetings. I am new to this group. However, as I hear the disappointment in Lisa's voice, maybe I will also suggest the same, instead of reviewing a book every month, quarterly sounds more meaningful. Besides, I wish to participate in a monthly book review too, if I have the purview to do so. Many thanks!

message 5: by Amber (new)

Amber (7embers) | 7 comments I honestly havent been receiving any notifications from this group.