2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

A Merciful Promise (Mercy Kilpatrick, #6)
This topic is about A Merciful Promise
A Merciful Promise > Question B

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 6254 comments Mod
Mercy cannot share any details about her undercover assignment with anyone, including Truman. Considering this wasn’t her agency’s operation, do you think she should have made some provision for him? Would you?

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 770 comments I think under those circumstances, I would have said something to him. As it turned out, the emergency satellite phone seems to have been moved before she tried to find it. Scary!

I’d have left an envelope or put it in a safe place, to be opened only if he became concerned or felt he was getting the runaround. Mercy had every reason not to trust agency people she knew nothing about.

message 4: by Sharon (last edited Aug 13, 2020 06:34PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 2004 comments Honestly, the fact that Mercy didn't give any information to Truman turned me off the story from the beginning. I don't know why Mercy showed so much loyalty to people who didn't trust her with needed information. To me, this is the Mercy of old who didn't trust Truman completely.

Sharon, i May be recalling this wrong but I thought her struggle was not so much not trusting Truman but trying to comply with her work mandate. She seemed to come close to breaking her word.

Sandra Hoover (sandrahoover) | 166 comments Mod
I honestly could not believe she didn't give Truman more info. Seriously. Also couldn't quite believe that he didn't demand more. This book tipped toward unbelievable from the beginning for me.

~Teresa | 48 comments Totally agree with Sandra!

Robin (robinmy) | 1417 comments I kind of got the feeling she didn't want to give him much information because he would be worried. She was going in without being able to contact her handlers. He would be livid if he knew that. She just told him as much as she was allowed without breaking her word. He understood because he's a cop and understands she can't talk about her undercover work.

Jonetta, I liked the idea of a letter. Of course, if it said only open after 10 days, I'd be ripping it open by the third day.

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 2004 comments Maybe trust is the wrong word but it felt like the Mercy of book one not the person who relies on Truman as a sounding board.

I'm with you Sandra. This book made me shake my head and roll my eyes many times.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 720 comments Strong thoughts, ladies. I just assumed that as Truman was also law enforcement he respected that sometimes with Mercy's job with the FBI he wouldn't be able to know all the details of her cases because of confidentiality. But it does seem strange that the Bureau were trusting Chad so much with the operation with no backup.

I actually had more issues with another anti government group. The storyline seemed a bit repetitive going in.